In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ODL refused degree at ASU

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Our dear leader was not given the Honorary degree when he spoke at the commencement for Arizona State University graduates., School leaders decided he had not earned it due to his short term in office and unremarkable record in the senate.
I guess it's tougher to get a degree at ASU than to be elected POTUS to begin with. I mean, IT is sound reasoning I Just wish the majority of Americans would have had that common sense during the last Election
It's funny, because there would be no one who would have protested the degree, it is a place where just being the 1st black POTUS should be more than enough qualification. They don't care about abortion or stem cell reaserch....HMMM...what does it all mean?

Comments

• spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    It is about time someone showed Landru the respect he deserves. He was there to make a speech - he was given the respect to make the speech and nothing more because he EARNED nothing more.
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    but....but....what about his....self esteem
    [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]
  • JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it's a tempest in a teapot. So he doesn't have an honorary degree from ASU. It's not like a Real degree from ASU means anything anyway. ASU is all about, as Shootertutor put it, "self esteem". If you can't get into a real school, you can go to ASU and get a "College Edumacation" [;)]
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    So, you mean to say, he's not even worthy of a "fake" honorary degree? That's even more of an insult. I thought you libs liked him???
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jgreen
    I think it's a tempest in a teapot. So he doesn't have an honorary degree from ASU. It's not like a Real degree from ASU means anything anyway. ASU is all about, as Shootertutor put it, "self esteem". If you can't get into a real school, you can go to ASU and get a "College Edumacation" [;)]

ASU is ranked 121st in the nation academically, they aren't known for any particular curriculum, have nothing to do with civil rights, political leadership their football team isn't even a standout nationally. So why did Obama even go there? He doesn't do anything without a deeper reason....a point to make or a bill to pay.