In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Went back and looked at the pics of the COLT!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,673 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in General Discussion
The pictures I have of the gun I am in the small argument over was NOT scratched.....I looked at this one VERY closely. I got it NEW...it was never even out of the plastic gooey bag from the factory before I got it. It was heck to get the sticky mess off well enough to get some pics of it. The only thing I can think of is he found a teeeeeny spec of nothing on it and made it a nasty mess. This gun has OBVIOUSLY been taken apart. I will send all of this on to the courts in Tennessee where they can tell him to go away.

I did not get to see all of the comments that everyone posted. There are other things that have to be taken care of.....you can't be on line ALL of the time??? (can you)
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    PieceofpaperPieceofpaper Member Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post the pics of the scratch, before AND after.

LET THE PUBLIC DECIDE!
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well at least you got back on just AFTER it got poofed. Wonder why it got poofed? Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had to take my daughter to get a birthday gift for a friend of hers. The malls are getting a little rough these days. I read about three comments and the screen jumped....then it was gone.

I have no idea what happened, but I think this is a thing that will take some time to come to an end (as far as the complaint goes.)
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:can't be on line ALL of the time??? (can you)

Reckon y'all are...as far as y'alls courts go...who cares!...In the real world, send the fella his money back (plus any shipping)...
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Exactly what is it he wants from you? Out of the deal? A refund on his shipping costs?

Give it to him. It will cost more in the long run to fight it and you don't need the aggravation. This is the classic "He said... she said" situation and even if you win you'll spend more than it's worth. Chalk it up to the cost of doing business. My personal policy on Internet auction selling is a 100% guarantee. If the buyer is unhappy for any reason... legitmate or not... I refund the money and move on. A major seller will more than recoup the costs of this policy in sales to quality buyers who want to do business with you because of your guarantee of satisfaction.

Just my 2 cents.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang it Nunn! You always poof my best comentary!

[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pieceofpaper

LET THE PUBLIC DECIDE!

Like this? Don

Enhancedcolt.jpg

Scratch.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't think small claims court will think much of your mailed explanation for your defense.

The buyer lives in the same state the judge resides.

So what if you don't pay up? Planning to take a vacation to Tenn?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just get so ticked off at these kinds of guys....the ones who want the world to go way out of its way just for them....and in the end they are miserable sots who make everyone dread dealing with them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:the ones who want the world to go way out of its way just for them

Heck!...That's just Nunn and He/She dog...jest ignore the sheep f'arker's...[:X]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is that the exact gun that dcon posted, Ms. Fork?

Looks like he took it apart and it got scratched when he did.
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    Well at least you got back on just AFTER it got poofed. Wonder why it got poofed? Don

Good question!
    Could it be barneys back?
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo

Good question!
    Could it be barneys back?
    Don

Must be because Nunn had posted on the thread. Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not crazy...I would have remembered a scratch like that. I have several auctions I can point out that I am not one to make a gun look better than it is. I like for things to be DONE at the end of sale....not worry over what they are going to find wrong.

It would be a plain waste of time to list things in a way that led to problems later. I have WAY too much to deal with to mess with things like that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    COuld it be the false assumptio that LF is a man?
    Coud it be the idea that GB is partial for sellers over buyers?
    Could it be that LF is making too much commentary for something that might go to trial?
    Something else?

Any guesses?
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yeah? No kiddin. I already delivered the definitvie ruling hours ago. First of all... The gun was not scratched before, second.. the gun was scratched after, third.. kasey needs to get her hair cut.. and fourth.. I think scott spends too much time dreaming about kasey dancing naked in a cage.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hughbetcha

Yeah? No kiddin. I already delivered the definitvie ruling hours ago. First of all... The gun was not scratched before, second.. the gun was scratched after, third.. kasey needs to get her hair cut.. and fourth.. I think scott spends too much time dreaming about kasey dancing naked in a cage.

You ref football too? Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought I was making pies. Since in real life I can neither cook or dance I would be a great let down (I guess.)
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    It won't go to trial. Small claims courts have very limited jurisdictions. The buyer can sue in Tennessee, but can't require the defendant to show up. The buyer may even get a default judgement, but that has no teeth in it, either, unless the defendant owns property in Tennessee.
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I thought I was making pies. Since in real life I can neither cook or dance I would be a great let down (I guess.)

Did you see American pie?
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't have property in Tenn. I would like to get this over in a definative way....like this time in court. If the judge decides to give a half way decision in this matter I would follow what he suggests. Even though I am getting a lot of input that makes me think I have nothing to worry over I would like an "official" end to this.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote: It won't go to trial

Nunn, y'all are a POSP...[:X]
  • Options
    spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    The said scratches are obvious in both before, and after photos. The
    only difference is angle and lighting.

LET THE PUBLIC DECIDE!

Like this? Don

Enhancedcolt.jpg

Scratch.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no...I really really REALLY think some of you WANT a scratch to be there.....so it majically appears for you. Its not there...a brand new gun would have gone directly back to the distributor if I had recieved it with a scuff like that.

The only way I knew to get a good picture of a stainless gun, without a giant ball of light in the photo, was to tilt it away from the camera.

The selling pics (from the listing) are shots only to get the name and slide. That area is not scratched.....my eyes are 20/20 by the way.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Wrong thread poofer NUNN.

I have collected judgments from other states. Some folks are judgement proof, but don't get fooled into thinking action cannot be taken against you just because of a state line.

I promise I won't arrest anyone, if you won't practice law.

Besides, the gun was obviously scratched in the before pic. Pay up LOCUST.
  • Options
    spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    no...I really really REALLY think some of you WANT a scratch to be there.....so it majically appears for you. Its not there...a brand new gun would have gone directly back to the distributor if I had recieved it with a scuff like that.

The only way I knew to get a good picture of a stainless gun, without a giant ball of light in the photo, was to tilt it away from the camera.

The selling pics (from the listing) are shots only to get the name and slide. That area is not scratched.....my eyes are 20/20 by the way.

Or, maybe you just don't want to see it. My eyes are not quite 20/20
    but I (and others) can see a scratch...plain and simple.
    Denying it does not remove the fact that it's there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Pay up LOCUST

YUP...!...Nunn's still a "POSP"...[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:my eyes are 20/20 by the way

I reckon y'all and the "Vet" are m'ent fer each other...Good luck y'all...'course all y'alls "posp's"...
  • Options
    DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did anyone notice SaxonPig is back? Long time, no see . . .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whats a "POSP"?
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DarkStar11
    Did anyone notice SaxonPig is back?
    I noticed.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    The pictures I have of the gun I am in the small argument over was NOT scratched.....I looked at this one VERY closely. I got it NEW...it was never even out of the plastic gooey bag from the factory before I got it. It was heck to get the sticky mess off well enough to get some pics of it. The only thing I can think of is he found a teeeeeny spec of nothing on it and made it a nasty mess. This gun has OBVIOUSLY been taken apart. I will send all of this on to the courts in Tennessee where they can tell him to go away.

I did not get to see all of the comments that everyone posted. There are other things that have to be taken care of.....you can't be on line ALL of the time??? (can you)

it will do you no good to send it to any court in TN...send it to him. send it to his ffl. show them they haven't a leg to stand on and maybe they will wake up and smell the coffee....remind them the courts may award you reasonable time and expense for defending yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166

it will do you no good to send it to any court in TN...send it to him. send it to his ffl. show them they haven't a leg to stand on and maybe they will wake up and smell the coffee....remind them the courts may award you reasonable time and expense for defending yourself.

And if She does not show at the appointed court date, he wins by defalt. Does not matter if she files an answer or not. She will still have to apppear or lose. Don
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    look at the before pic. right below the M in match you will see a scratch and that scratch lines up with the one in the after pic. and yes
    I do have 20/20
    I dont know if he mad the scratchs worse when he got the gun or if they were just not seen as easy but from the pic. I see you will not come out on top.
    sorry just calling it as I see it.
    [V]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I see the scratches also in the before pic.

Ben
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Law: stick and stones sonny, sticks and stones.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I don't see the scratch in the before photo...I even put it in my photo shop and enhanced it...I do see some marks( looks more like LF hair or something) but have no Idea how they would appear at normal size.