In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hello from the great nation of TEXAS!

elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I found myself luking today so I figured I'd stick my head in the door and say hi! Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly update.

Good:
I poured concrete as a temp for 5 months to make ends meet after my insurance/investment gig went into the crapper. Eventually took a job managing a manufacturing comany in Houston and spent 5 months living 1,100 miles away from my family. The family is now back together and I'm getting to know the wife and kids again.

Bad:
The last time I fired a single round was in October 08.

Ugly:
If my favorite place on earth is elk country then I'm living in a place that is as far from there as possible.

Comments

• 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me help you out a wee bit:

BULL-ELK-YNP..jpg
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    That was just cruel.[:D] Missed you too!!![;)]
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're making it work!

Good for you.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Get your butt back to CO Lew.[;)] Glad you are doing well.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the update.
    At least we know you are still kickin.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Hey ELK!

Welcome to Texas! Lot's of stuff to hunt here, and we could always use some help with feral hogs...
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy Elk, good to see ya posting. Don't be a stranger.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Good to hear from ya.

Lookit the bright side.

Now, you can be one of those damn Texans that come here to hunt![:D]
  • texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Elk - glad to see you back around. When i moved to Houston i thought i would only be there about 2 or 3 years - stayed for over 15, but finally escaped last October back out west of Ft. Worth (thanks God). Hope things keep working for you. shoot me an email if i can help you out. Wish i could help with the elk, but you have to go way out west to get there....
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear you are keeping your head above the water![8D] Thanks for stopping in![:)]
  • Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sucks to be in Houston but at least you have your family. Don't I remember you saying something about having more family over in Weatherford?
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Z7-Last time I was at BAGHDAD AIRPORT there werent no elk there[:0]
  • mechman460mechman460 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bring any guns down here? Let me know if you want to shoot sometime I know a few good places.
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lew,

Nice to finally hear from you. Hope all is well for you and your family over there in TX.

Ed
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Hey ELK!

Welcome to Texas! Lot's of stuff to hunt here, and we could always use some help with feral hogs...

I plan on doing my part to reduce the population.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by texaswildman
    Hey Elk - glad to see you back around. When i moved to Houston i thought i would only be there about 2 or 3 years - stayed for over 15, but finally escaped last October back out west of Ft. Worth (thanks God). Hope things keep working for you. shoot me an email if i can help you out. Wish i could help with the elk, but you have to go way out west to get there....

Thanks for tying to help out. Several GB guys reached out and the effort was much appreciated.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ox190
    Sucks to be in Houston but at least you have your family. Don't I remember you saying something about having more family over in Weatherford?

Yup. I've got some in-laws in Weatherford and here in Houston. They are all thilled to my wife and kids around.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mechman460
    Bring any guns down here? Let me know if you want to shoot sometime I know a few good places.

Me...guns...no, they are evil and they kill people.[;)] Thanks for the invite. Things are slowing down enough I might just take you up on that invite.