In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Government Confiscates 550 Pound Fat Boy...

allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
...Mom arrested. The boy is 14 years old.
Click link for video.

Published: May 21, 2009
wspa tv, Greenville SC

A missing mother and her 555lb son have been discovered in Maryland. Thursday afternoon, at approximately 4:30 pm, Alexander Deundray Draper and his mother, Jerri Althea Gray were located near a laundromat in Baltimore, Maryland by the Baltimore County Sheriff's Office. Investigators were able to develop information that led them have Maryland authorities check a laundromat where Draper and Gray were believed to be parked near.
Draper was checked on scene by EMS, and has been turned over to the Maryland Department of Social Services. Investigators will work with them to have him returned to the Department of Social Services in South Carolina.
The South Carolina Department of Social Services contacted deputies Tuesday after Gray failed to make a scheduled court appearance so officials could begin investigating claims of child neglect and endangerment.

The agency doesn't get involved in such cases based on a child's weight alone, but will take action in "cases where health care professionals believe a child is at risk of harm because a parent is neglecting to provide necessary medical care," DSS spokeswoman Marilyn Matheus said in a statement.

A judge ordered the teen taken into protective custody. Gray was taken into custody and will be held pending extradition to Greenville on her outstanding warrant. Deputies are trying to determine why Draper and Gray were found in Maryland. The investigation continues; we will have more on this on News Channel 7 and wspa.com

http://www.wspa.com/spa/news/local/article/greenville_deputies_search_for_mom_and_555-pound_teen/17950/

Comments

• dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    [:0] geez! i`m 6foot 3 or 4 and i way 99kilos..i`m not sure what that is in pounds, but it`s nowhere near 550pounds i`ll bet!! he`s a big boy...very big![:(]
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly
    [:0] geez! i`m 6foot 3 or 4 and i way 99kilos..i`m not sure what that is in pounds, but it`s nowhere near 550pounds i`ll bet!! he`s a big boy...very big![:(]

Dan
    Kilo to pounds, multiply Kg by 2.2 to get pounds
    BTW, you'd tip the scales here at 218lb

art.missing.child.gcso.jpg
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    if thats a picture of himtailgunner i bet he knows the mcdonalds and kentucky fried chicken menus off by heart![B)]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    But, But, that was his Mamma's choice to let him get fat, what the hell has the government got to do with telling a fat kid how much he can eat????[:0] Hell he will just die an early death.[:0]
    She can get out of charges by saying it is part of her religion..[:D]
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dan you are a foreigner, yet you do understand the ways of Americans.
    I was thinking the same thing as you, that is a hell of a lot of Big Macs, and many, many 15 piece buckets of Extra Crispy KFC.

I bet that boy spends 18 hours a day playing computer games and watching tv.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably not enough food stamps to feed him.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) -- Authorities say they've found a 555-pound South Carolina teen who disappeared with his mother.

Police say the two were located Thursday afternoon in Baltimore. Paramedics checked 14-year-old Alexander Draper's health before turning him over to the Maryland Department of Social Services.

South Carolina officials say they want the mother, 49-year-old Jerri Gray, extradited to that state, where she is accused of violating a custody order. Investigators didn't know if Gray had an attorney and relatives didn't respond to messages from The Associated Press.

The South Carolina Department of Social Services alerted deputies Tuesday. They say Gray missed a scheduled court appearance so officials could begin investigating claims of child neglect and endangerment.

Greenville County Sheriff's Lt. Shea Smith said the teen was considered to be at a critical stage of health risk but could not provide details about his medical condition
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did he have 5 1 pound bars of magnesium in his pocket?
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dan- as said, you would weigh about 218 in pounds- or 15 and a half stone (English wife here).

Sounds like he was grazing his way North for the summer.

a 14 yr old that weighs 550 lbs is not fat- that is MORBIDLY obese. Of course, she could just tell the judge he is in training for his sport.

Sumo wrestling.
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    I thought this was a Harley thread!