In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Walt Disney.......was he frozen? Frozen = Bad!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I watched a show that showed in detail what someone goes through to be frozen..... ewww They are hoping to be "re-animated" later in time which just sounds soooooo bad to me. That company....Alcor....it was super wrong...and VERY icky. Why would anyone do that?
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    Because people put their values in the wrong places. When it is my time to go it wont be a minute too soon.
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    I thought Walt was coated in bronze and put on display holding hands with a rat.

statue.jpg

Is that John Murtha on the right?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I watched a show that showed in detail what someone goes through to be frozen..... ewww They are hoping to be "re-animated" later in time which just sounds soooooo bad to me. That company....Alcor....it was super wrong...and VERY icky. Why would anyone do that?

Ya gotta watch out for freezer burn, too![:D]

IIRC, Ted Stevens' head is frozen, the rest of him was buried.[:0]

Bizzaro...dead is dead.[xx(]
  • 320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I may be wrong but heard the baseball player, Ted Williams was frozen?
  • gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is Walt frozen? As many of you know, I work at Walt Disney World in Orlando. What I can tell you is in the tunnel under the magic kingdom way past where any backstage tour ends is a caged area that is totally coved in heavy black cloth so nobody can see in. In this area is Walts Gold plated golf cart and some other things. This area is under where buzz lightyear is and behind buzz is a liquid nitrogen tank that they fill every other day year round. The liquid nitrogen is used in the show Stitch and old show Allien that was there before Stitch. Does it take a whole tanker of liquid nitrogen to do two days of shows in stitch or is it going somewhere else in the tunnel? I will leave that up to you to wonder about.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,858 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Disneyland.....The only people trap run by a mouse.
  • k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ripley16
    I thought Walt was coated in bronze and put on display holding hands with a rat.

statue.jpg

Is that John Murtha on the right?

It's a mouse, genius. [}:)]
  • k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357
    Disneyland.....The only people trap run by a mouse.

DON'T GO
  • 320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter works there and loves it. We went down over spring break this year and spent two miseable days in the park. I'm too old for that place. My favorite parts were anything that carried me around so I didn't have to walk!
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i don't see why if another person chooses to be frozen is bad, it is not like they where not dead already, and before death it just may have given them hope and peace for what ever reason
  • HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to admit, despite Disney's dark, evil, and greedy side I do enjoy going to DW.[:D]
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they think someone will download their brain into a newly cloned body[:D]

don't they realize people in the future will be to lazy or stingy to do that[:D]
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just think the whole thing is morbid. I understand the benefits of having the SCIENCE to freeze organs in a way so that they aren't damaged so that they can be used to save people, but to store away a person so that they can live again. That just seems soooo wrong. The planet is crowded. People who could have benefited or been saved by some kind of organ donation die because the person is too selfish to think of anyone else. The family gets to ponder when "Mom" might be alive again.....AND are faced with deciding whether they want to join this selfish person in being frozen just to be with them in this selfish adventure. It just doesn't seem right at all to me. The companies that do this seem like they are pandering to the very worst idea ever.

I do love Disney though.[:)]
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • WinM70WinM70 Member Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Frozen = Zombie's.