In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

thieves

mp5shootermp5shooter Member Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2006 in General Discussion
yesterday at work one of the journeymen plumbers and his apprentice went to lunch. when they came back they noticed that they were missing about 60 feet of 1/2" copper and their fittings tray (about 15 pounds). the stupid people left the 2 tool boxes, an 18 volt dewalt combo pack, and the hole hawg all sitting right next to the copper. i know that copper is up right know but i think they would have been able to get more for the tools than the copper.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Last Tuesday a buddy filled his truck with gas, $85.00 worth. A mile from the station some one pulled out in front of him, Barry went to the hospital in an abulance and his Ford left on a roll back. Barry is a little stiif and sore, bruised up from the air bad and seat belts but OK.

This morning he had his truck delivered to his house and went to pump the gas out before someone else got it. Guess what? Guys at the impound lot beat him to it. Tank was empty. He confronted the folks running the police impound lot, they just pointed at the sign that claimed they were not responsible for theft or lost items.

Nice guys, they'd probably steal the fillings out of your teeth given half a chance.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How would you like to come out in the Morning and find your truck like this in your own yard.
    thieves

truck_zpskfb6bima.jpg

This is what it looked like the night before.

truck%204%20tires_zps9c3ss1sp.jpg

What was taken. quote:35x12x50x15 cooper discover STT's on Mickey Thompson polished aluminum rims

Lucky this was in town and not at my place.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When I go to the Barber its when I find out whats going on in the area. Seems we have theives in the area again. Guy just in front of me was hit twice. He lives in and area of heavy traffic where the theives could have been seen.

This really makes me think about the times I have had late night people in my drive.

Normally I leave my Gun safe open. But about the last month I've kept it locked. Better get in that habit.[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    While at work in the middle of the night I heard over my LE radio that a nearby small town was experiencing a widespread power outage. This entire town and a good bit of the surrounding area was reported to be down. When the power company boys got to looking around they found that person(s) unknown had cut the fence surrounding one of their power substations and stolen a bunch of copper from the active circuits.

Holy sheet! [:0]

The area where this occurred is notorious for it's heavy population of meth-heads, but how much is scrap copper going for now to make even these brain deads think this was worth doing?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Steal truck with President's equipment. [:)]

By Laura Geller

NBC12 has uncovered one of those stories that makes you think: "How in the world does that happen?!" A truck filled with President Obama's podiums and audio equipment was stolen in Henrico just days before his visit to Chesterfield.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/15716468/thieves-steal-truck-with-presidents-equipment
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    If they took tools, someone may ask them to do some work.[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    they think it was the painters that were across the street in the morning but not in the afternoon.
  • Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    They took the copper 'cause its much easier to sell as scrap metal.
    The tools, unless they sell it to someone on the "street", is harder to get rid of. Pawn shops have to record the "sellers" name etc.
    So its riskier for the thieves to fence tools that have serial numbers than scrap metal.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,454 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Yeah, some local clown was just convicted of stealing a bunch of copper wire from an electrical contractor.[V]
  • Options
    redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had some worthless tweakers pulling down power poles to get the copper.
  • Options
    BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    Thieves are among the lowest of humanity. Ever had your Bic lighter stolen? There is a petty thief.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Around here, they are stealing the copper ground wires off of cell towers. And with the thunder storms we get it can turn them into big lightning rods.

Ops, Why can't I get a signal on my cell phone?
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I was repairing the boiler in an apartment building when someone stole my box of pipe wrenches and cutters. The cutters were around $150 each and the wrenches a bit more. I went to every apartment and told each person what happened and that they would have no heat or hot water until my tools came back. Left my name and phone number with each and went on home. About two hours later the police called me and said they had my tools at the station. Someone had turned them in after "finding them on the street". Thing was that my name and phone number were not on the tools or the box. Went and got my tools and finished the boiler job. Never had anymore problems with stealing at that building. The tenants watch my truck and tools while I'm there working now. No one likes a cold shower and a cold apartment.
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    Where I work, the people that work there steal from the company... I know guys that have gotten away with hundreds of pounds of copper...

I'm not a narc! But I would'nt trust these guys are far as I could urinate on them...