In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The fight for freedom exists... NOW.

retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
I received this link and felt it to be so powerful a message
that I wanted to get it in front of everyone I know immediately...

People... This is Great!

Listen, discuss, and redistribute...

LINK

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    A very important commentary by this young guy starts time mark 14:30...
    I urge each and everyone of you to at least listen to this particular One Minute - 48 seconds of the video...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A LINK referenced in the video where downloads are available...

I encourage you to look it over... These guys are out front for freedom... In today's age.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just curious, but if anything over 10 round mags are banned, what makes an inferior printed plastic mag the answer?

20 and 30 round mil surplus mags can be hidden just as easy as anything else.

Knowing that an EMP will toast the electronics that most of us rely on, is there something similar that will render steel/aluminum mags useless?

Not to make light of this, but IMO, if you are looking for mags now, you are about two months late.

I'm thinking that a spring business would be a money maker.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think its cool in that he was able to actually make a seemingly well working mag. It is important I think in that it gives people with creativity another form of independence....I was thinking about the amount of small inventors that could use a tool like this to launch ideas that would otherwise never be possible for them simply because of lack of capital.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    Just curious, but if anything over 10 round mags are banned, what makes an inferior printed plastic mag the answer?

20 and 30 round mil surplus mags can be hidden just as easy as anything else.

Knowing that an EMP will toast the electronics that most of us rely on, is there something similar that will render steel/aluminum mags useless?

Not to make light of this, but IMO, if you are looking for mags now, you are about two months late.

I'm thinking that a spring business would be a money maker.
    Absolutely... VERY Hard to replicate a spring... Outside of it's parent material.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish
    I think its cool in that he was able to actually make a seemingly well working mag. It is important I think in that it gives people with creativity another form of independence....I was thinking about the amount of small inventors that could use a tool like this to launch ideas that would otherwise never be possible for them simply because of lack of capital.

He said that they made sure it worked. Too bad he didn't indicate what 'tweaks' had to be done for that. If the mag was printed vertically along the center curve that the follower follows I can visualize the follower hanging up on one of the many 'ridges' created by the printer. Sanding smooth the interior would help the function, but that's not the presentation. (or not indicated as a step).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish

He said that they made sure it worked. Too bad he didn't indicate what 'tweaks' had to be done for that. If the mag was printed vertically along the center curve that the follower follows I can visualize the follower hanging up on one of the many 'ridges' created by the printer. Sanding smooth the interior would help the function, but that's not the presentation. (or not indicated as a step).
    I've read into some of the other 'prints' that he has worked with...
    A few required modifications to overcome unexpected stress failures...
    As any engineer worth his salt would understand.
    Plastics can't be expected to do everything metals can do in the same manner.

The key point to this thread however, to me anyways... Is the fact the information is available forever.
    Legalities aside... The models can be used to program CNC machines to build actual metallic parts, etc...
    So if the gub'ment or, new to be, NWO thinks they will eliminate 'freedom' by squashing the citizens ability to have and to hold a gun... or something else taboo.
    Or even to remove the ability to communicate... They are wrong.

The young man makes an excellent point at the time mark indicated...
    That the information is available and forever shall be, by virtue of dispersion amongst the populace.
    AND... The current gub'ments are, or will soon be, 'old news'...
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    dustinfoxdustinfox Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This kinda makes me wonder how hard would it be for someone to make their own magazines in the first place. I mean a smart person, with better than average skill, could probably fashion their own magazine out of some sheet metal and a spring couldn't they?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dustinfox
    This kinda makes me wonder how hard would it be for someone to make their own magazines in the first place. I mean a smart person, with better than average skill, could probably fashion their own magazine out of some sheet metal and a spring couldn't they?
    Fit
    Form
    Function

Is all it takes...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    quote:Originally posted by dustinfox
    Fit
    Form
    Function

Is all it takes...

Plus.....
    Selecting material (steel, Al alloy, plastic, etc)
    Factoring spring back of sheet metal or shrinkage of plastic
    Minimum bend radi
    Correct feed lips
    Welding w/o removing temper or assembly of plastic (sonic weld, glue, slot/tab)

Easy peasy!