In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RevolutionJimRevolutionJim Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in General Discussion
A friend of mine purchased a 1911 clone custom. Its Got an Essex frame and Colt slide. He doesnt want it anymore. He said he cant afford a custom gun. He was going to sell it to me Awhile back but he waited too long and I got one of my own to work on. Anyway what do you think would be the best way to sell it? Part it out or sell it as a whole. He isnt computer literate and I told him Id put it up for sale on GB for him. He is a good guy and I just want to get the most out of it for him. To part it out or not to part it out. That is the question.

Larry

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There is no way in the world i could eat a pepper of yours. With all the work they did in my mouth a pepperoni is too hot for me to eat.

Its funny i used to like more hot things than my wife and now i can not have anything spicy.[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey guys, *-r-done, and all that have and love 1911s:

i went to the range yesterday. i took a buddy who has never held a gun in his life before. he rented a glock 17, and i took out a colt m1911a1. first time i tried a .45. i don't have any pics of his, but here's the results of mine. at 35 feet. what'd ya think?1911.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am or am going to be in the market for a 1911 in the near future. As I look around there is a wide range in price. Should i go all out and spend or are some of the less pricey ones as good. I really like the looks of Kimbers Eclipse Custom II. What is the best IYO Any help please
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looking for a 1911, around $1000, I want adjustable rear sight, suggestions??
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Press Josh Loftin, Associated Press - Tue Jan 25, 9:33 pm ET

SALT LAKE CITY - State lawmakers are debating whether to designate a semiautomatic pistol as the official gun of Utah, despite protests from people who believe it's inappropriate because of recent mass shootings.

The bill to make the Browning M1911 the official gun breezed through a committee hearing this week and is scheduled to be debated by the full House as early as Wednesday.

Republican Rep. Carl Wimmer said the state should have the gun as one of its state symbols to honor John Browning, a Utah native who invented it in 1911.

"He invented a firearm that has defended American values and the traditions of this country for 100 years," Wimmer told the House Political Subdivisions Committee.

Utah has 24 state symbols recognizing the history, geography and culture of the state. They include a state cooking pot, a state tree, a state hymn and a state folk dance.

The committee approved the bill to add a state gun on a 9-2 vote.

Wimmer said the Browning M1911 is widely used by the military, police officers and private citizens, which is why he chose the pistol instead of another Browning gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello all. I would like to get an oldermilitary 1911 pistol. It does not need tobe in perfect shape, although I want a safeshooter. The shops around here have newerversions but you find very few older guns.I thought you might have a few good ideas. I once had a balester Molinanot the correct spelling from argentina itwas a nice gun but had no grip saftey. thanks Vince
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have recently rebuilt my Auto-Ordnance 1911 , new barrel, new bushing, new solid rod/spring recoil system. I fored ot today and it fired well nice pull on trigger, however it did not recycle and I had to hand cycle it. What's up with this?

Thanks Patriot

Dick lemoi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How many different companies make a 1911. I wouldn't be surprised if hi-point doesn't start making one

Ruger
    S&W
    Kimber
    Sig
    Rock river
    Ed brown

Who else
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello I have a Kimber Grand Raptor
    2 and it shoots like a dream.
    The only issue I have is I really
    have a tough time reaching
    the hammer and thumbing it back.
    It's quite annoying and I don't
    carry any semi cocked and locked.

Does anyone else have the same problem.
    Oh yea it has one of those hammers with the hole
    in it.
    Thanks-Ron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is there any model of 1911 or 1991 that have a rail frame to mount lights?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I picked up a used Springfield 1911, had a set of crimson lasers for it, the insert came out when I tried to take the hand grips off, it seems the treads are ok, but the threaded insert has no treads on it, spent all day trying to find some. I'll end up mail ordering some, I wanted to mount the laser grips, was going to the range, just might wait till next week.