In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Once and for All.....................

wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
edited April 2006 in General Discussion
What is/are the solutios(s) to the Illegal Immigrant problem?
PLEASE, no "kill 'em all, let God sort them out" responses?!?!?
AND, forget the "First Secure the Borders" response.....THAT'S A GIVEN!

I feel that "deportation through Attrition"...............don't give them jobs, if STRICTLY ENFORCED, is one of many options in the "tool box"
Something has GOT to be done to remove the legislation that's already in place REQUIRING states to provide sooooooooo many social "services" to such a large group of the population that isn't even supposed to be in this country.
On another thread I mentioned offering "incentives" for the illegals to leave of "their own accord", things like giving them some sort of priority amongst the list of people applying for legal immigration, in return for having gone back without having to be deported, and stiffening the penalty (lifetime ban) for repeat offenders. I think the "incentives" thing could be productive.
No ranting and raving now (yeah, right!), but let's hear some genuine, feasible alternatives to just allowing our Nation to be overrun.

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I have been saying the same thing for a long time. Enforce the laws we have, punish those who hire illegals, stop all welfare services (this includes to all citzens that are able bodied and can work. That gives us a work force to do the jobs inplace of illegals). In genral remove any reason for an illegal to be here. If we do this we won't have to deport them they will leave on there own.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    to believe that any illegal immigrant wil voluntarily return south is ridiculous...besides they couldn't afford the gas... it boggles my mind that they have an easier set of laws than a long time AMERICAN CITIZEN....i have never used any social services, no unemployment , no govt aid for kids, food stamps, etc but just kept tightening the belt & working, paying taxes, so it irritates me to see so many line up at the trough for freebies
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    My fantasy?

I would love for an employer, when checking the status of a job candidate and discovers that he/she is illegal, would call the cops so the criminal could be arrested and deported.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Actually punishing businesses who employ them would be a good start.
  • Options
    steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    Give them California, and they can all stay there... oh wait... too late! [:D]
  • Options
    TexasVetTexasVet Member Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The biggest benefit that employers have hiring illegals is their under the market pay.

If they all become citizens -- employers will have to pay minimum wage or more and the cheap labor benefit will disappear.

They only spend what is necessary to survive in the US; have 15 people living in a 1 bedroom apartment, etc. I was in the post office yesterday, and watched a Mexican woman buy $2,000.00 in individual international money orders -- to send to Mexico.

I agree that the best way to solve the problem is to go after the employers that hire illegals, and the ones that get past the system should be denied any benefits.

We are a "nation of immigrants" --- but most are legal immigrants.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    quote:spasmcreek:
    to believe that any illegal immigrant wil voluntarily return south is
    ridiculous

They aren't goin anywhere! Would YOU ... of your own choice ... go back
    to a cesspool of a country ... where the minimum wage is $4.00 a DAY
    ... IF you could find a job!!??? This 'release valve' (US'ENS) is the ONLY
    reason there hasn't been a revolution in Mexico - Fox and his buds
    want to keep it that way, too!

Deport, deport, deport - regardless of the cost!

Welfare costs are skyrocketing by the day!

96334e73.jpg

quote:steeltoe1978 :
    Give them California, and they can all stay there... oh wait... too late!

LOL ... yep, pretty much gone - now they are looking at the REST
    of the Southwest!

Read their signs ... pretty good indication!

124542e4.jpg[:0]
  • Options
    KK Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any BUSINESS that is found to be employing ILLEGALS should be SHUT DOWN and it assests SIEZED!
    Any INDIVIUAL that is found to employ or harbor ILLEGALS would face a 20yr MANDITORY JAIL TERM and have ALL ASSETS SIEZED!
  • Options
    nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They should change the law that says anyone born here is automatically a US citizen. Make it so at least one parent needs to be a citizen. Do this as well as enforce our current laws with vigor.
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    Its simple: (1) Close borders (2) Enforcement of hiring practice (3) Shutoff all welfare (4) deport illegials.

I call it my four point program.

But, I guess government is not on board with my plan. What is with that, only 80-90 percent of us agree. Hmmmm!

Boston Tea Party, we throw illegials into the bay!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    My simple plan to fix the problem, which has been posted before:

1. Close the borders as much as humanly possible.

2. Shut down social services, except for emergency medical and emergency police.

3. Agressively seek out and prosecute any business, or individual, who hires illegals....then detain and deport those hired.

4. As any illegal alien comes into contact with authorities in the course of normal business, they are detained and deported.

Give it a few years and the problem will largly self-correct.

It ain't rocket science folks.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wanted man
    What is/are the solutios(s) to the Illegal Immigrant problem?

First, you don't stop bleeding with a bandage, you sew it up. That's what we must do first! Sew up the border and stop more from coming in.

Second, you offer all who are here and gainfully employed a chance to register for a green card (not citizenship) with the promise that as long as you have a job, are not on any kind of public assistance, don't have a criminal record either here or in Mexico, you will be given a green card to continue working and living here legally.

Third, you pass or enforce all laws that employers who hire undocumented workers are subject to penalties up to and including seizure of all company assets, closer and personal liability including personal assets and jail time.

Fourth, you begin a round up and deportation of all who didn't meet the conditions in #2 and get them out of the US.

At this point, you should have control of the problem, then it must me maintained.
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    Well, we all seem to know what to do. Pretty much agree on the plan.

The person with the most posts should be the one to pass the plan on to Congress and the President.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country
    Teddy Roosevelt

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life----Teddy Roosevelt

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100 percent. Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else----Teddy Roosevelt

Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people----Teddy Roosevelt
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    gatorhidegatorhide Member Posts: 562 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS. THE CORRECT ANSWER TO HELP STOP THE MEXICAN IMMIGRATION INTO THIS COUNTRY IS FOR -YOU- TO DO SOMETHING -YOURSELF-.
    Or, -you- can ponder what -your- future holds for -you- in the
    -NEW AMERIKA- !!!
    *who me*? .....YES, -YOU- !!!
    "APATHY 101 IS ALIVE AND WELL HERE AT GUN BROKER"
    -[:0]-[:0]-[:0]-[:0]-[:0]-[:0]-[:0]-[:0]-[:0]- ???
    I'LL GIVE ALL OF YOU A FREE LESSON ON HOW TO GET STARTED.
    O-K BOYS AND GIRLS TAKE THE FOLLOWING FREE ADVICE AND DO SOMETHING POSITIVE TO COMBAT THIS UNDECLARED WAR ON THE HOMEFRONT NOW.

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED PRESIDENT BUSH ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED YOUR GOVERNOR ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED YOUR SENATORS ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED YOUR CONGRESSMEN ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED YOUR STATE POLICE ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED YOUR COUNTY COMMISSIONERS ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED YOUR COUNTY SHERIFF ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED YOUR MAYOR ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED YOUR POLICE CHIEF ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED YOUR FRIENDS ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- CALLED OR FAXED ANY NEWSPAPERS ??? YES OR NO

HAVE -YOU- GOTTEN THE MESSAGE TO GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT AND DO SOMETHING NOW ??? YES OR NO

oh yea, and have a nice day.
    [:D][:D][:)][:)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    Upon entering the U.S.A.:
    1. Must apply for citizenship within 30 days of entering the states
    2. Must take classes to speak English within 6 months of entering the states
    3. Swear alligance to the U.S.A. immediately upon entering the states.
    Or be deported at once..
  • Options
    wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    Re; Gatorhide's post.............I've e-mailed myself numb! And will contnue to do so! HOWEVER................I have ABSOLUTELY NO FAITH that the vast majority of our "elected officials" will do what is right for America!! (as I've stated before). Sadly, it seems that most people are satisfied to think just the opposite or at a minimum, are unwilling to make their voices be heard!
    YES, it does seem that most of us agree that FULL ENFORCEMENT of existing laws (maybe some tweaking of them) and creation/enforcement of SEVERE penalties for breaking these laws would go a long way.
    Now the question becomes: How do we, The American People, DEMAND (AND ASSURE THAT THIS DEMAND IS MET) that these laws come into being/get enforced, when we have a pathetic,pandering group of Senators, Congressmen, Presidential Administration, etc., who WILL NOT stand up for us and our Country?!?!
  • Options
    KK Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Face facts...

In the world of TED AND GEORGE ILLEGAL ALIENS are a "Future Voter Block" and a good source of happy house servants.
    NEITHER side of the aisle has a CLUE what the REAL WORLD SMELLS LIKE!
    NEITHER SIDE knows what it is like to see MS13 open a METH LAB nextdoor (happend here...and they are GONE NOW).
    NEITHER SIDE knows what it is like to have their job VANISH because some ILLEGAL will do it for HALF (Or less) the money!
    WE can NOT expect ANY of our ruling class to understand what life is like in the trenches when they have NEVER BEEN THERE!
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Round up 40,000 illegals, train them, arm them, give them a map to mexico city.