In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Day off, went 22 shopping.

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Small (very small) success.

Went to Academy because I was told they are getting a regular supply lately. They did have a big pile of Blazer 50 count boxes at $2.69 so I bought two (limit). I passed on the Aguila at $4.69 (why are they so pricey?) and the Federal match at $19.99 (wow). The clerk said they are getting a bit more now than in recent months and usually have some sort of 22 ammo each week. That is a slight improvement. Very slight.

Went to a local store called Ft. Thompson. They had several flavors of CCI, all very expensive ($6-$8 per 50). Nothing else. They had powder for around $25 a pound but primers were $40. Ouch.

Tried a second Academy north of the river. They had the Aguila and that was it.

So, not much to be had when it was all said and done. The shortage continues.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    Sounds like there was plenty to be had.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a bad price on powder depending on the brand.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    "Sounds like there was plenty to be had."

Your definition of "plenty" is different from mine.

One store had a good supply of three brands in one size. The other 2 had only one brand on display. I would hope to see at least a dozen brands available. And various sizes. Purchases were limited to two boxes total.

You call this "plenty to be had?" To me "plenty to be had" means I can choose from many brands and sizes and buy as much as I want.
    ....................................................................................................
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stopped in Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday in Columbia. They had the Remington 525 packs for 23.99 on the shelf along with some 100 pack Aguila.

I have plenty of .22's and don't care for the Remington so I bought a nice pair of shoes at 50% off.

:)
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    new aguila or old stock...??? didn't know they started importing again
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    "Sounds like there was plenty to be had."

Your definition of "plenty" is different from mine.

One store had a good supply of three brands in one size. The other 2 had only one brand on display. I would hope to see at least a dozen brands available. And various sizes. Purchases were limited to two boxes total.

You call this "plenty to be had?" To me "plenty to be had" means I can choose from many brands and sizes and buy as much as I want.
    You only mentioned the 2 box limit at one store. You found blazer, federal match, aguila, and several varieties of cci. [:I]
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One store had Aguila, the very pricey federals, and the Blazers.

One store had the Aguilas.

One store had several varieties of CCI but all were specialty. Sub-sonic. lighter bullets, etc.

Nothing but 50 round boxes at all three and everybody had a two box limit. Again, I don't consider this to constitute "plenty to be had."

When every store has bricks, 100 packs, and 50 count boxes from 10 or more manufacturers and I can buy as much I want THEN I'll say the shortage is over and plenty is available.
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    should have saved gas and bought on the auction side
    18 pages worth
    support G.B.!!!!!![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, at $50 a brick plus $20 shipping.

If they lower their prices to $10 they can still go to hell AFAIC.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes , I USED to pay 26 cents a gallon for gas, eggs were 50 cents a dozen. I bought a brand new 78 pickup for $6800.
    it is todays prices, quit your crying. get use to it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So, somebody buys gasoline at $3.50 and offers it on the street corner at $10 a gallon do you buy it because that's "today's price?"

$50 a brick is not "today's price" due to normal inflation. $25 is retail today due to inflation. Gouger prices are just that, gouging. No thanks.

The gouger prices are only today's prices if you choose to pay them. They are not retail as suggested by the manufacturer.

BTW- I am not crying. I am making observations. You don't like it? Take a hike. Don't need ya and don't want ya. Go buy some gouger ammo and start your own thread about how wonderful it was.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    looks like I struck a nerve.[:D]
    what do you say, don't like my posts, don't read them[;)]
    everyone knows there is a problem with 22 LR, but we get tired of you crying about it
    I do buy from G.B. I support them