In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anti bark device

spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in General Discussion
What is the best anti dog barking device? I have an neighbor that has an annoying little black dog that bark all the freaking time and i just want to kick the neighbor in the balls. I sleep in the day and work at night and just driving us to the point where we want to hurt the neighbors. Yes, we tried to talking to them and next step is calling the police and the city everytime it barks. They already called the police on us because my wife told them it should be stuff and mounted on the mantle. They told the officer that we threaded to shoot it, not just once but 3 times. There is other ways of getting rid of an dog. But it's not the dog fault, its the owner.

Any help would be welcoming.
Robv

Comments

• Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a bobcat [:D]
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ear plugs. [:D]
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    get a recorder and record the dog. Then play it back for them at about 2 am.,really loud.
  • Options
    spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are all funny. But the last one, the dog is out 2 in the morning too.

But seriously, is there an good anti barking device?
    Eob
  • Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're really determined, get a high power speaker capable of hitting 25KHz and play at 25KHz at full volume. People can't hear it, but dogs can. And if it's loud enough the dog will just pee itself and run and hide.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    One of my Neighbors has a dog that does not like Yaping dogs.

He lets out one of his barks and all goes Quite.[:D]

Have not seen this dog but the bark sends chills up my back.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm dealing with the same thing. I've tried the anti-bark devices, they don't do JACK. Save your money. Call the city and start logging every minute the dog barks. That is the step I'm on. Next step is court, and they WILL fine him $150 (the first time).

One of my tenants got a fine like that. I had no idea that her dog was barking until she told me she got fined. She came to me for sympathy. I told her to get her dog under control or move. She moved. Fine by me, I have no patience for people that let their dogs bark.

Merc
  • Options
    acdoddacdodd Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I generally have found that leaving a copy of the county ordinance regarding nuisance animals taped to their mailbox (not in, that is a violation of USPS code) with the penalties highlighted gets attention. Talking with them, asking them nicely does nothing most of the time. Confronting them usually gets you in trouble. Call animal control and cite the proper code. Having recorded evidence when the Animal Control Officer comes to visit also goes a REALLY long way.....

I had a neighbor that left his dog out unattended almost 24-7, The dog barked almost constantly. It was really annoying, Since we live on opposite sides of a tee box, and he is never home I just let the club know one day (as a random golfer) that there was a really annoying dog on the #15 tee box and it was making we consider playing other places. Problem solved.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    was in a similar situation years ago, went through hell for a year, police did nothing except get pizzed at me for bothering them with such trivial importance, 3 weeks later i got pulled over by the cops that showed up, and given a bogus insurance ticket, as well as harassed about the dog call {i had insurance}

this dog barked all hours of the night, my kids would even be woken up at 3am by this beast, i had to declare war

i couldnt kill it as much as i wanted to, it wasnt the dogs fault, its a dog after all

so i got a pack of ex-lax pills, a pound of burger, crushed them up and made meat balls tossed them around in a skillet, tossed a few over the fence in the late afternoon, keeping in mind not to over do it and dehydrate the dog, repeated every week, you just want it to emergency poop at midnight while they are sleeping

they wound up giving the dog away, to a much better home, she was a trailer trash drunk, and they had to replace all the carpet in the house

darn near cost me my job due to lack of sleep several times
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the exact unit 11b6r posted. When I first placed it on the fence between my house and my neighbors with the barking dog, their dog yelped when it first went off when the dog barked. Humans cannot hear the sound it emits, but it shut that damn dog up.

I was on good terms with that neighbor, who has since moved, so I did not report them to the city. Our ordinance states that if your dog has been reported twice for verified barking violations, the city will take the dog away.
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too have a looser for a neighbor that hates my dog barking ! so he got himself some kind of anti bark device that scared the crap out of my Jack Russell, he wouldn't eat for 4 days.

Now the POS neighbor has to live with a 24 hour barking electronic dog that varies the bark from loud bark to deep growl to chi Wawa yelp, and we live in 1/2 acre lots here, so if you have a bad neighbor 20 acres wont be enough.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When i was a kid our neighbors had hunting dogs that would wake my Dad up.

My Dad would call the man every night and tell him his dogs are barking. He did this every time they woke him up and if they kept him awake.

Finally he moved them to the hunting club.

Everybody worked days though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dav1965
    When i was a kid our neighbors had hunting dogs that would wake my Dad up.

My Dad would call the man every night and tell him his dogs are barking. He did this every time they woke him up and if they kept him awake.

Finally he moved them to the hunting club.

Everybody worked days though.

i often wonder why everyone in the neighborhood can here a dog barking but its owner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by hobo9650
    Simple; Feed the dog, pet the dog. Make friends.

Then you can get your hands on the wittle dog and take his sorry * for a very long ride.

TRUE STOTY.

you sound so like a sorry * ignorant jerk that wont mind a few 45 caliber holes in you.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CoolhandLuke
    I too have a looser for a neighbor that hates my dog barking ! so he got himself some kind of anti bark device that scared the crap out of my Jack Russell, he wouldn't eat for 4 days.

Now the POS neighbor has to live with a 24 hour barking electronic dog that varies the bark from loud bark to deep growl to chi Wawa yelp, and we live in 1/2 acre lots here, so if you have a bad neighbor 20 acres wont be enough.

what_we_have_here_is_a_failure_to_communicate_qu.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

what_we_have_here_is_a_failure_to_communicate_qu.jpg

Yes sir absolutely failure to communicate !! and you cracked me up my sides are bursting [:D][:D][:D][:D] [:D][:D] thanks much and happy new year to you and yours.[:)]
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Every time the dog barks at NJ night go ring the neighbors door bell then run.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My neighbors started to babysit a pit bull. First day it was off the hook agro at me. I just gave her a doggy treat.

The dog is an amazing dog, but an apartment dweller, so it was freaked out by the new surroundings and no master present.

Still barks at stupid things, but I go and calm her down.

Like said, not the dog but owner.

The "doggy dazer" is a great tool to assist in the training.

Chances are the owner is frustrated too (or is unaware) and could benefit from some training too.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,496 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Taking it out on the dog is cruel and wrong.

Take it up with the owners.

hobo, if you did what you implied you did, you are a jerk.

How did the owners respond when you told them you took their dog out and killed it?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

How did the owners respond when you told them you took their dog out and killed it?

Where did he say he killed it?
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,496 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Where did he say he killed it?

I was assuming he was enough of a man not to just abandon it alongside the road.

Pleas note, I reference only his implied actions. I have no interest in judging a man absent specifics.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Had a renter move in next door with a really cool-looking Afghan critter. It didn't care for my Basenji. The Afghan would trill & whine, but wouldn't bark. Basenjis kinda moan instead of barking, and I figgered the Afghan was trying to learn Basenji-speak.
    His owner got freaked out that his critter was imitating mine, and filed a personal injury suit against me. He actually found a lawyer that told him it was a good idea. When our day in court rolled around, his lawyer was nowhere to be found, my friend the Judge tried to help this idiot understand that unless he could show actual damages or loss of income, that he had no case, & my counterclaim would prevail.
    His critter would only woof, instead of whine, so I won.
    They wouldn't let both dogs into the courtroom at the same time because a bailiff was scared as hell of the Afghan. He said it looked like a dog did some hippy, and he wanted no part of it!
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hobo9650

Then you can get your hands on the wittle dog and take his sorry * for a very long ride.

TRUE STOTY.

you think thats funny........not funny[V]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AzAfshin
    If you're really determined, get a high power speaker capable of hitting 25KHz and play at 25KHz at full volume. People can't hear it, but dogs can. And if it's loud enough the dog will just pee itself and run and hide.

Bingo. We used the same kind of device for our PIA neighbors dog. The only problem is, it also can be heard by most woman and it hurts their ears as well. It bothered Donna, But I couldn't hear it. The dog eventually ran away, to my parents house, 35 miles away. It lived a happy life, for another 5 years. The biggest problem I had was, they left it outside, 24 7, with no shelter, even in the snow and ice. It was a poodle. My parents gave it a loving home and the dog stayed inside.[^]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    neighbor across the streat in town forom our house keeps a smaller dog in a pen ...never seen the dog get any attention...despise people that don't treat animals right
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hobo9650
    Originally posted by hobo9650

TRUE STOTY.

you sound so like a sorry * ignorant jerk that wont mind a few 45 caliber holes in you.

Do you realize the threat you are making? Wow, are you stupid. You don't know me. Suggest you calm down NOW. I don't like threats.

I did not threaten you, I simply stated you mindlessly take huge risk as by your self admitted behavior, just imagine what would happen to you if you get caught stealing the wrong dog ?
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spec.4
    What is the best anti dog barking device? I have an neighbor that has an annoying little black dog that bark all the freaking time and i just want to kick the neighbor in the balls. I sleep in the day and work at night and just driving us to the point where we want to hurt the neighbors. Yes, we tried to talking to them and next step is calling the police and the city everytime it barks. They already called the police on us because my wife told them it should be stuff and mounted on the mantle. They told the officer that we threaded to shoot it, not just once but 3 times. There is other ways of getting rid of an dog. But it's not the dog fault, its the owner.

Any help would be welcoming.
    Robv

I had not read your post just the tittle and that set me off, I can understand your problem, my dog does not bark all the time just sporadically and usually for a reason, so my problem is this guy is always home and doesn't want to hear any dog bark at all.
    For about a week the much bigger dogs next door and behind were not barking then started again as they got used to the sonic sound, I'm in my vacation place in the Florida keys and our house keeper back home told us the little guy is barking again when neighbors dogs bark so it looks he is getting used to it too.
    I would do some research before wasting $ on something that will not work long term. Good luck.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1