In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My poor dog

remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
I'm afraid he's on the down hill.

Apparently last night he had a stroke. He's a golden that is about 12... will be 12 next month.

Found him floundering around in a pool of his own urine at 2:00am today. Severe limping on his right side. Finally got him outside and he was stumbling, falling and basically not navigating properly.

At one point hit his head on some cement pavers.

He breathes in a pretty labored fashion even under normal circumstances, but last night he didn't stop panting for hours.

I thought he was done.

As I was leaving for work this am... he was his normal self. Go figure.

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every time I go camping And light a fire, and my dog comes running over, lies down in front of the fire with his face lying on his front paws, just sparing with a sad blank look on his face at the fire, whimpering. I didn't know why he was so sad about the fire until just now. i finally realized that he enjoys playing with sticks, And he's sad that I'm burning all his toys![B)][B)]
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    leave a stick by the fire, and when he lays down next to the fire looking all sad, give it to him?

(unless he starts taking sticks out of the fire by himself [:0])