In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Noah's Ark found long ago

RevolutionJimRevolutionJim Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
Matt 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

As far as I'm concerned Noah's Ark has conclusivly been found many years ago. The secular media would never let the GDP (generally dumb public) in on this find, instead as a smoke screen the luciferian globalist thru their 501c3 fed registered churches continue to create new Ark excavation missions at different sites unrelated.

wpe109.jpg
wpe24.jpg
wpe21.jpg
wpe14.jpg
tmbrcut.JPG
Deck timber cross section
quote:DECK TIMBER
The "deck timber" having been determined to contain organic Carbon, which means that it was once living, was found to have a unique characteristic in that It displayed no growth rings.

Growth rings in trees and other plants are caused by a variation in the water supply to the plant. Annual rings occur when the temperature drops and the sap in the tree fails to rise. The leaves of the deciduous trees turn color and die, soon dropping off. In the spring, the warmth releases the tree from its state of "hibernation" and the sap begins to flow again. Even though there may be water in the ground, when the temperature drops, the tree does not continue its cycle until it is again spring. Therefore, a ring results when the growth is temporarily halted and begins when spring arrives.

In order to understand why the pre-flood wood showed no growth rings one needs only to consult the Bible. It informs us that before the flood it did not rain; therefore there were not wet and dry seasons. Growth was at a constant rate.

Genesis2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD GOD HAD NOT CAUSED IT TO RAIN UPON THE EARTH, and there was not a man to till the ground. 6 But THERE WENT UP A MIST FROM THE EARTH, AND WATERED THE WHOLE FACE OF THE GROUND."
www.wyattmuseum.com/noahs-ark-08.htm
wpe55.jpg

wpe7.jpg

wpe11.jpg

quote:Rivets Discovered

June 1991

A tour group, organized by Wyatt Archaeological Research, visited the site. As Ron and the group approached "Noah's Ark" from the south end, he noticed an object that when observed, in the presence of the tour participants, bore the shape of a very large "rivet" head, with a washer around it.
quote:The discovery of titanium in the "Rivet" is of special interest. The advantage of titanium as a metal is its tremendous strength, its light weight and its resistance to corrosion.

All of the analyses performed on the "Rivet" found it to contain Iron, Aluminum, Manganese, Vanadium and Chromium. These elements are known today to be the major alloying agents added to titanium.

wpe1C1.jpg
Turkey award
wpe1E1.jpg
Associated press
JULY 1987 GEOPHYSICAL INVESTIGATION OF NOAH'S ARK
(DURUPINAR SITE) MAHER VILLAGE, DOUBAYAZIT, ARI
JOHN R. BAUMGARDNER
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
LOS ALAMOS NATIONAL LABORATORY
M. SALH BAYRAKTUTAN
ATAT?RK UNIVERSITY
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
NOVEMBER 1987
ERZURUM, TURKEY

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    a 6min video of the site and more info about it. It really is fascinating. I have the DVd, next best thing to being there.

Discovery of the real Noah's Ark Part 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5ORpMTebI

All the other Ark expeditions are there as a smoke screen to keep us from the real thing.
  • Options
    AHansenAHansen Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very interesting. Will have to do some more research into it.
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pns112500
    photoshop

do you ever have anything positive to say
  • Options
    phillipphillip Member Posts: 2,948
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jacob2008
    quote:Originally posted by pns112500
    photoshop

do you ever have anything positive to say

All the time.
  • Options
    akfanatikakfanatik Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah saw something about this on tv, i think history channel, but jim, i think you take a few of your bilbe verses a little bit to literally
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    with titanium rivets too.

riiiiiiight.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by akfanatik
    yeah saw something about this on tv, i think history channel, but jim, i think you take a few of your bilbe verses a little bit to literally

That is what's so fantastic about the bible it IS literal. The red quotes Jesus where he talks about the global flood and Noah, now either they happened or Jesus never existed. All the evidence I've seen says there was a global flood and evolution is the fairy tale.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster

riiiiiiight.
    Titanium alloy holding together laminated glued planks, kinda high tech for a bunch of cave men. I'm sure there were cave men for a while after the flood. I'm sure things were rough for a while.
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Idiot alert, idiot alert.

Calling troll central.

Anyone got one of those long sleeved "I love me" jackets?
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no jim, you cant be serious...throughout thousands of years of translation Jesus' direct words cannot be quoted. It is not to be taken literally, Jesus used storys, parables, and lessons people could relate to in biblical times to convey the word of God. In the first sentence of Jesus's "quote" it even says it is a parable. And apperantly you havent seen all the evidence for you to dismiss evolution because it did take place, theres lots of proof but isnt it a posibility that God started life then it transformed from that point. Evolution is even proven by different races, i dont think in the bible it says God made different colored people but theyre bodies evolved from one area to another. But the flood is a posibility just not exactly how it is stated in the bible. And one question, How old do you think the earth is?? Im not trying to start any battle or flame war with you or anyone that believes the same as you, simply stating what i believe, you have a right to your respectable opinion
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL[:D] "Do you ever have anything positive to say"LOLOLOLOLOLOL[:D]
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, I'm positive that he is a whack job.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I love me jackets...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Thats funny,And I dont care who you are.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by akfanatik
    no jim, you cant be serious...throughout thousands of years of translation Jesus' direct words cannot be quoted. It is not to be taken literally, Jesus used storys, parables, and lessons people could relate to in biblical times to convey the word of God. In the first sentence of Jesus's "quote" it even says it is a parable. And apperantly you havent seen all the evidence for you to dismiss evolution because it did take place, theres lots of proof but isnt it a posibility that God started life then it transformed from that point. Evolution is even proven by different races, i dont think in the bible it says God made different colored people but theyre bodies evolved from one area to another. But the flood is a posibility just not exactly how it is stated in the bible. And one question, How old do you think the earth is?? Im not trying to start any battle or flame war with you or anyone that believes the same as you, simply stating what i believe, you have a right to your respectable opinion

you guys are the nutjobs if you think you came from a monkey

Everybody knows about the evolution theory, it is taught in every school, but most are ignorant to any other teaching outside their indoctrination.
    There is a mountain of evidence for the global flood, the most damming being the limestone layer to the geocolumn, it is on every continent. The limestone/chalk is made up of single cell sea algea. This one fact proves a global flood and with a global flood goes the geocolumn dating and fossil record, they are ALL just sediment layers from the flood containing fossils deposited by the flood from top to bottom, floaters at the top.
    Prof.Veith
    Evolution or Creation:What do the Rocks Reveal?
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5521410965822202656

The bible is the most reliable ancient book on the planet with thousands of copies in the original Hebrew and Greek.

And this one; the entire story of the discovery of the Ark from the beginning including a shootout with Al-Qaeda sent by the New World Order to stop Ron Wyatt from bringing us this find.
    Phenomenon - The Lost Archives - Noah's Ark Found 1/5
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6XoYV-vgX-w
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I thought a crevice opened in the earth and swallowed you and BONDAI up...
  • Options
    hisbigbootygirlhisbigbootygirl Member Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pretty interestng, thank you.
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    RJ -

Normally I wouldn't bother to respond to a post such as this. Lot's of reasons, but foremost is that fact that you believe what you do and attempting to change a man's beliefs is mostly impossible. However, I do have a few comments...

The idea of an ark is not far-fetched. That there was, indeed, a man named Noah or a man we call Noah is probably at least somewhat true. That there was a flood... That's also probable. But there are some minor details that seem to fly in the face of your reason, scope, and timeline.

Let's start with a universal flood. Since the amount of water has remained constant here on earth (excluding a stray iceball falling from the heavens from time to time), just where did enough water come from to cover the entire earth? Where did it go?

I like your statement about tree rings, but perhaps I missed something. As far as I know rain has not much to do with them. Tree rings reflect seasonal changes in growth. Tight rings are an indication of a stressful period where little growth takes place. No rain, no aquifers, no growth, no life!

No rain before the flood? Please be so kind as to clear up my confusion. Obviously there was water present here on earth. Must have been sun, too. I will further assume there was air as it's uncontested that there was man at the time you speak of.

So let's see... Sun, water, and atmosphere. That's the exact formula for evaporation. Must have been clouds wouldn't you say? Now clouds and just a bit of cooling give us condensation. Are you saying that condensation didn't exist before the flood? (Some might call the condensation RAIN.)

I'll move on quickly. The limestone layers found throughout the earth's subsurface and rocky outcrops? Not single cell bacteria as you've stated. Rather, simple animals closely related to coral. Animals that entrained calcium carbonate into their skeletons and lived in shallow seas that covered different portions of the earth in distant geological times. This is also where we get our salt deposits as shallow seas became entrapped in rising landmass areas and evaporated... Causing RAIN whenever the atmosphere became saturated with water vapor.

Back to Noah and the flood? I don't think so. Earth is an active planet. Tectonic plates move at a measurable rate. Volcanoes erupt. Glaciers form and melt. Continents shift and bump into one another. Mountains uplift, then are eroded away. The facts are there to see and to measure.

Do you somehow believe that the Grand Canyon eroded faster at one time then now? That the continents drifted more quickly? That mountains formed and eroded faster then they do today? Or... Do you believe that God merely issued a command and it happened?

My point being that I have no problems with Noah, nor the ark. I might suggest that the ark wasn't quite what we think of today, nor was Noah exactly what we might have come to believe, nor was the flood quite as universal as you might think. Further, the timeline you suggest would seem contrary to what we observe today.

So... Did things happen faster then? Maybe they're slower now? Did God suspend the laws of nature for a time? (I'm not saying that He didn't.) Were there fewer animals then? And just how might have Noah collected and placed a pair of each living thing on the ark? I respectfully inquire about just how he obtained a platypus and a bison... Or a pair of muskox?

Before you discredit my questions, be honest with yourself and everyone else. The story of Noah goes back far into human history. Let's not discredit our collective memory and say that this is merely a fable. At the same time, let's be aware of certain facts. Barring a miracle of Biblical proportions and an ark of the same, then perhaps the scope of Noah's experience was somewhat smaller than worldwide.

Or... There was one heck of a miracle!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Find an old board on a mountain... Call it whats left of Noah's Ark... People are gullible , they will buy that one for sure....
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Just in time for "Evan Almighty"

Jim's a shill for the studios!

Seriously, every civilization has a flood myth.
    Pick one that suits your belief system and go with it.
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    RJ - you're the one who thinks Dinosaurs were on the Ark too and that Dinosaurs still roam the Earth to this day right?

Uh huh...
  • Options
    AHansenAHansen Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are those out there that can't believe anything unless it literally hits them in the face.
  • Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    Doesn't look big enough.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nord
    RJ -
    Let's start with a universal flood. Since the amount of water has remained constant here on earth (excluding a stray iceball falling from the heavens from time to time), just where did enough water come from to cover the entire earth? Where did it go?
    It had never rained according to the bible, which would be the case in a greenhouse type of environment. With a lush vegitation putting off more O2 it would push the moisture vapors high into the Van Allen belts where it was trapped possibly freezing, lowering the sunlight radiation and forming a greenhouse effect.

The bible describes water above and below the firmament, which is from the earth to outer space or earth's atmosphere also called first heaven.
    Something started the calamity causing the ice to come crashing to the polar regions of earth, resulting in the fountains of the deep to burst through the Mid-Atlantic ridge fault, deviding the single continent.

Gen.1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven.

Gen.7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

This is what we find. There are aquaferes under all continents.
    Huge Underground "Ocean" Found Beneath Asia
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070227-ocean-asia.html

The water either receded back below but also the weight of the water formed the oceans and mountains along with continental shelf drift slid forming the mountains parallel to the under sea Atlantic fault ridge.

This is all explained in a video by Dr.Gentry, who has published scientific papers in Science and Nature magazines going back 30 years concerning pulonium halos in granite and how granite was formed instantly, not slowly as big bangers purport, as well as other scientific papers.
    http://www.halos.com/videos/0004-TheYoungAgeoftheEarthEnglish-214k.htm

I like your statement about tree rings, but perhaps I missed something. As far as I know rain has not much to do with them. Tree rings reflect seasonal changes in growth. Tight rings are an indication of a stressful period where little growth takes place. No rain, no aquifers, no growth, no life!

No rain before the flood? Please be so kind as to clear up my confusion. Obviously there was water present here on earth. Must have been sun, too. I will further assume there was air as it's uncontested that there was man at the time you speak of.

So let's see... Sun, water, and atmosphere. That's the exact formula for evaporation. Must have been clouds wouldn't you say? Now clouds and just a bit of cooling give us condensation. Are you saying that condensation didn't exist before the flood? (Some might call the condensation RAIN.)
    The tree ring quote was from a Wyatt Museum's news letter.

I'll move on quickly. The limestone layers found throughout the earth's subsurface and rocky outcrops? Not single cell bacteria as you've stated. Rather, simple animals closely related to coral. Animals that entrained calcium carbonate into their skeletons and lived in shallow seas that covered different portions of the earth in distant geological times. This is also where we get our salt deposits as shallow seas became entrapped in rising landmass areas and evaporated... Causing RAIN whenever the atmosphere became saturated with water vapor.
    I'm going to quote you two sources, it is as I said, single cell sea algea that in part makes up the limestone chalk layers found on every continent. Darwinian evolutionist try and explain away this as coincidental local floods everywhere, but with these chalk layers we can tell how long and how deep the water covered the earth.

"In the chalk deposits, found mainly on the east of the UK, the rock is formed from the skeletons of billions of microscopic marine algae called coccolithophorids, which used sunlight to synthesise food. They died and settled on to the sea bed in the Upper Cretaceous period (between 65 - 100 million years ago). These algae can still be found in warm waters."
    http://www.britishlime.org/education.html

"So What Is Chalk?
    Porous, relatively soft, fine-textured and somewhat friable, chalk normally is white and consists almost wholly of calcium carbonate as the common mineral calcite. It is thus a type of limestone, and a very pure one at that. The calcium carbonate content of French chalk varies between 90 and 98%, and the Kansas chalk is 88-98% calcium carbonate (average 94%).2 Under the microscope, chalk consists of the tiny shells (called tests) of countless billions of microorganisms composed of clear calcite set in a structureless matrix of fine-grained calcium carbonate (microcrystalline calcite). The two major microorganisms whose remains are thus fossilised in chalk are foraminifera and the spikes and cells of calcareous alg? known as coccoliths and rhabdoliths."
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v8/i1/chalk.asp
    This is all covered in the film from Prof.Veith earlier in the thread, a must see!

Back to Noah and the flood? I don't think so. Earth is an active planet. Tectonic plates move at a measurable rate. Volcanoes erupt. Glaciers form and melt. Continents shift and bump into one another. Mountains uplift, then are eroded away. The facts are there to see and to measure.

Do you somehow believe that the Grand Canyon eroded faster at one time then now? That the continents drifted more quickly? That mountains formed and eroded faster then they do today? Or... Do you believe that God merely issued a command and it happened?
    The Grand Canyon could only have formed in a rapid erosion while the layers were still soft, see the layers in the geocolumn are not vast spans of time, but were deposited one after another with the tides. Were the layers vast spans of time there would be erosion between the layers. The resulting wash from the Grand Canyon in the Gulf has been calculated to be about 4500 years worth.

My point being that I have no problems with Noah, nor the ark. I might suggest that the ark wasn't quite what we think of today, nor was Noah exactly what we might have come to believe, nor was the flood quite as universal as you might think. Further, the timeline you suggest would seem contrary to what we observe today.

So... Did things happen faster then? Maybe they're slower now? Did God suspend the laws of nature for a time? (I'm not saying that He didn't.) Were there fewer animals then? And just how might have Noah collected and placed a pair of each living thing on the ark? I respectfully inquire about just how he obtained a platypus and a bison... Or a pair of muskox?
    Getting all those animals on the Ark must have been some devine miracle from their creator. We see animals today head for shelter as they sense weather trouble, but I don't think this would account for all of the roundup. Only a couple of any certain kind was necessary to bring abourd, such as a wolf would give us all the dog breeds we have today. No fish or bugs were brought on board. Dinos, if they made the trip would have been smaller out of the eggs.

Before you discredit my questions, be honest with yourself and everyone else. The story of Noah goes back far into human history. Let's not discredit our collective memory and say that this is merely a fable. At the same time, let's be aware of certain facts. Barring a miracle of Biblical proportions and an ark of the same, then perhaps the scope of Noah's experience was somewhat smaller than worldwide.

Or... There was one heck of a miracle!
    Indeed!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink

If they're anything like other flood myths they're just basterdised versions of the original created long ago to lead pagans astray and it's still working today being taught in universities and in the media, the story of Noah's Ark and the global flood can't be mentioned without immediately recounting absurd pagan accounts.

Noah's Flood and the Gilgamesh Epic

In 1853, the archaeologist Austen Henry Layard and his team were excavating the palace library of the ancient Assyrian capital Nineveh. Among their finds were a series of 12 tablets of a great epic. The tablets dated from about 650 BC, but the poem was much older. The hero, Gilgamesh, according to the Sumerian King List,3 was a king of the first dynasty of Uruk who reigned for 126 years

Genesis is older
    It makes more sense that Genesis was the original and the pagan myths arose as distortions of that original account. While Moses lived long after the event, the Torrah tells of events long before his time. For example, Genesis 10:19 gives matter-of-fact directions, `as you go toward Sodom and Gomorrah and Admah and Zeboiim'. These were the cities of the plain God destroyed for their extreme wickedness 500 years before Moses. Yet Genesis gives directions at a time when they were well-known landmarks, not buried under the Dead Sea.

It is common to make legends out of historical events, but not history from legends. The Bible teaches that mankind was originally monotheistic. Archaeological evidence suggests the same, indicating that only later did mankind degenerate into idolatrous pantheism.

That is, the human writers of the Gilgamesh Epic rewrote the true account, and made their gods in their own image. The whole Gilgamesh-derivation theory is based on the discredited Documentary Hypothesis.9 This assumes that the Pentateuch was compiled by priests during the Babylonian Exile in the 6th century BC. But the internal evidence shows no sign of this, and every sign of being written for people who had just come out of Egypt. The Eurocentric inventors of the Documentary Hypothesis, such as Julius Wellhausen, thought that writing hadn't been invented by Moses' time. But many archaeological discoveries of ancient writing show that this is ludicrous.
    http://www.creationontheweb.com/content/view/3107

Many other flood accounts are also compared at the site for those honestly wanting to understand this topic outside of what is being taught in the secular government institutions.

The Bible as well has stories far older than the flood, all given to Moses written down including many prophecies precluding anything but devinely inspired Word of GOD!

Archaeological evidence confirms scripture with every dig of the earth. There is strong evidence that both the site where Moses received Word from GOD at Mt.Sinai and Noah's Ark have been found, as well as many other discoveries.
    http://www.wyattmuseum.com
    Video of "The Search for the Real Mt.Sinai" can be found on Google and at the www.Archive.org
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Well Jim... It's as I said.

I didn't expect to change your mind and I suspect you really didn't expect to change mine. It always amazes me how the same data can be interpreted so differently.

For my part I'll respectfully maintain that you have every right to believe as you will. I'd point out though that to rely on scripture as absolute may be somewhat of a stretch considering that men were writing on subjects they had little or no knowledge of.

Had you brought up tectonic plates to David, I very much doubt that he'd have appreciated the significance, nor would he have been familiar with the cause of rainfall, or a myriad of other things.

Had I been God trying to explain these things to hopeless mortals, I may have had to resort to telling the story in a manner that might have been understood. Had I been one of those mortals, I might not have understood even the simple version of God's story.

We don't disagree so much about biblical accounts as you might think. You obviously take every word and phrase as literal. I don't. It does us no good to argue over the Grand Canyon. Whether cut in a day, a year, a century, or over millions of years... What does it really matter? It was done on God's time at His pleasure. Might we agree to that?

The same might be said for Noah. Did he live for over 600 years? I don't know. Did it rain for forty days and forty nights? I don't know that one either.

You say it all happened exactly as written in the bible. I say that it's enough to understand the story and appreciate that something happened. I sincerely doubt that God considers the unquestioning acceptance of the written word a key ingredient in His offer of salvation. You may well disagree, but I'll continue to be a bit less dogmatic than you. So far it's worked for me and I regret to inform you that I'm NOT a minion of Satan.

For you? Whatever floats your proverbial boat.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "I love me jacket" Ill be laughing about this for days.This and the "Do you ever have anything positive to say" remark.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RevolutionJim
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink

If they're anything like other flood myths they're just basterdised versions of the original created long ago to lead pagans astray and it's still working today being taught in universities and in the media, the story of Noah's Ark and the global flood can't be mentioned without immediately recounting absurd pagan accounts.

You don't understand.
    Flood myths are in every civilization's religion. As part of "An Angry God" story. And they were developed completely independent of your particular favorite. But I'm wasting bandwidth trying to get you to open your mind.
    Believe what you will and don't let education get in your way, it'll just confuse you.

I still think you're trying to ramp up box office attendance.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It just goes back to the old saying,,,"There is ONE born every minute",,, thousand of years from now a group will be talking about how superstitious us old people were,,I mean after all everyone will know L.Ron Hubbard wrote the only true account,,,,After all its all only words in a book written by men...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    RJ, if the bible is so literal, please explain how the hell people lived for over 600 years, or did the earth just revolve around the sun more quickly??
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster

riiiiiiight.

Maybe, but since it has an ultra high melting temp, probably not.

Although it [titanium] got its name (and was discovered many many years before aluminium) for the greek word "titan", which was refered to as strength...... >>>>> and some believed that the titans were greater than the gods.
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont some really ancient maps actually show antartica as a land mass and not ice covered?

It could be possible that the great flood covered the land mass and simply froze over.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    I'm not a biblical scholar. At least I admit it. Cant address if, or if not events happened.

But the discovery of the carbon-decay constant (carbon dating) sure as hell throws the biblical time-line out the window. Joe
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Titanium rivits!

I'll bet Bat Boy forged them!

78529007.jpg
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...The wood that was recovered from an earlier expedition and then again in 87 and later carbon dated, was tested again in the last few years with more advanced dating technology and that test showed the original date was wrong; the wood was not nearly old enough to have come from the ark...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-1.gif
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I have no idea if this is Noah's Ark, but I do believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible. I also believe in the inerrancy (sp?) of Scripture. Some of you guys are attacking RJ here over things that you cannot possibly prove are wrong. Just as much as RJ is going on faith that some of these things are correct, you are going on faith that they are incorrect...like how old Noah lived to be. It's an issue of faith. You have yours and he has his.

RJ can be out there some times, but whether or not he believes in the inerrancy of Scripture is no reason to attack him personally. All true Christians believe the same...or at least all Christians who've grown and matured in their faith. There is a slight possibility that someone who was just saved, might not completely grasp and understand that truth yet.
  • Options
    Oklahoma223Oklahoma223 Member Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    I have no idea if this is Noah's Ark, but I do believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible. I also believe in the inerrancy (sp?) of Scripture. Some of you guys are attacking RJ here over things that you cannot possibly prove are wrong. Just as much as RJ is going on faith that some of these things are correct, you are going on faith that they are incorrect...like how old Noah lived to be. It's an issue of faith. You have yours and he has his.

RJ can be out there some times, but whether or not he believes in the inerrancy of Scripture is no reason to attack him personally. All true Christians believe the same...or at least all Christians who've grown and matured in their faith. There is a slight possibility that someone who was just saved, might not completely grasp and understand that truth yet.

What he said.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I certainly do believe that the literal flood occured. And I also believe that the ark came to rest somewhere on the mountains of Ararat. I am scepticle however, as this seems to be headed up by the Turkish tourism bureau and has not previously been made public. Further more, I dought that GOD would provide such "proof" where by effectively eliminating faith (Blessed is he who believes but has not seen). Proof is in direct oppostion to faith. We have all the proof we need in the person of the living Christ. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Do the V.I.N. numbers match?
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hhmm... if they do find what they think is noah's ark, it would be interesting to see if there is hair, teeth, dung, claw marks, etc. anywhere on it or nearby from all the animals that were supposedly on it.

anybody think of that? or is there just "a" peice of wood to go by, that they are calling "noah's ark".