In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    teenagers were busily TPing their principal's house when a 15-year-old boy among them got shot-and it wasn't even the principal who pulled the trigger. Police say a neighbor, 65-year-old Dale Bryant Farris, fired at least two shots from his 20-gauge shotgun during the Oct. 20 incident.

I would say he is doing exactly what VP Joe Biden said to do; Get a shotgun and shoot 2 rounds off the balcony, you don't an Ar-15, get a shotgun[:D] That would be my defense in court[8D]
    RLTW

• Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    teenagers were busily TPing their principal's house when a 15-year-old boy among them got shot-and it wasn't even the principal who pulled the trigger. Police say a neighbor, 65-year-old Dale Bryant Farris, fired at least two shots from his 20-gauge shotgun during the Oct. 20 incident.

I would say he is doing exactly what VP Joe Biden said to do; Get a shotgun and shoot 2 rounds off the balcony, you don't an Ar-15, get a shotgun[:D] That would be my defense in court[8D]

If it was the homeowner I think I would buy it, but a neighbor and it wasnt on his property and the teens were not doing anything to hurt anybody, silly childhood prank where I am sure most of us have done.

Thing is if your going to pull the trigger I think you have to use some discretion specially in a instance where it wasnt life and death, it wasnt on your property. The guy obviously had time to go get his gun walk outside and process everything that was going on.

I just think intances like this is poor judgement and really hurts our cause. The proper response would have been 911 or if he wanted to really prove a point a shot in the air would have been more appropriate.
  • Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    Spent a lot of years picking pellets out of my hide after a random shot by a neighbor of the guy where we were busy gathering a couple of watermelons out of a field.
    Once folk felt that 'neighbors' took care of each other!

Allen
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Shooter is out on a pretty big bail.

So what's the law in Tennessee?

In Arizona he'd be looking at jail time easy. We have Castle Doctrine here, but shooting teens armed with rolls of toilet paper on somebody else's Castle grounds? HANDCUFFS TIME!

I know in Texas there was a case a few years back where a neighbor shot and killed a burglar on the neighbor's property. Guy was carrying away a TV set, neighbor saw it, called 911. Told 911 he was going to go shoot the guy. Last I heard, no charges would stick under Texas law.

So anyone know what the law is in Tenn?
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    Shooter is out on a pretty big bail.

So what's the law in Tennessee?

In Arizona he'd be looking at jail time easy. We have Castle Doctrine here, but shooting teens armed with rolls of toilet paper on somebody else's Castle grounds? HANDCUFFS TIME!

I know in Texas there was a case a few years back where a neighbor shot and killed a burglar on the neighbor's property. Guy was carrying away a TV set, neighbor saw it, called 911. Told 911 he was going to go shoot the guy. Last I heard, no charges would stick under Texas law.

So anyone know what the law is in Tenn?

I think thats going even a little far but still a lot more justified then the Toilet paper rolls. And if shooter says I didnt know what they were doing, then obviously he didnt wasnt using any discretion.