In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is top story on CNN & MSNBC. What about the 30+ people killed by tornadoes.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    This is top story on CNN & MSNBC. What about the 30+ people killed by tornadoes.

Are you saying those people killed are as important as the poor offended NBA folks represented by Rev. Al? What about their feelings?
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49

Are you saying those people killed are as important as the poor offended NBA folks represented by Rev. Al? What about their feelings?
    Makes sense to me....[:o)]
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    I think he had the right to say what he wants. It hasn't stopped racist comments before. Blacks calling each other *, black persons etc. Or them calling us white honky's.

Just because hes wealthy assuming, it shouldn't matter. We may not like it, but hes got the right to think or say what he wants. IMO[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I heard tonight from a reliable source , that Don was also banned from watching NBA on television![:o)]
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fugly ho girlfriend by the way. So I thought he was telling the ho not to show up at games with black folks. He didn't really care, I think he just didn't want people to see his beech with a hood dude.
    So wat up wid dat? I spect it works both ways, unless you are a cracker.
  • Options
    800fthi800fthi Member Posts: 196
    edited November -1
    I heard Magic J wants to buy the team. Do you think Magic and Sterlings girl friend may have cooked this a little? I think Sterling should close all his bank accounts associated with his ownership and stop paying those high priced primadonas.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 800fthi
    I heard Magic J wants to buy the team. Do you think Magic and Sterlings girl friend may have cooked this a little? I think Sterling should close all his bank accounts associated with his ownership and stop paying those high priced primadonas.
    Magic can change the name from LA Clippers to the LA Magic Aids....
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson are a lot more racist than this guy and no one has the testicles to call them out on it. Same old double standard. Being racist is not criminal unless you discriminate in specific situation's. Don't see where it applies here. Bad taste and not a good idea to get caught in his position maybe.
  • Options
    rawhide54rawhide54 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This whole thing was a lynching, pure and simple. Once the smoke clears I hope Sterling pulls every attorney he can afford and goes after the NBA. This whole thing is racist but not the direction they're portraying it. Hell would freeze over before I'd sell the team now.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slumlord44
    Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson are a lot more racist than this guy and no one has the testicles to call them out on it. Same old double standard. Being racist is not criminal unless you discriminate in specific situation's. Don't see where it applies here. Bad taste and not a good idea to get caught in his position maybe.

+1 just listen to the comments snoop dog made about him, yet no one is saying he is racist or should apologize.....[:(!]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hold payers to contracts and have them practice everyday even if they never play anywhere..oops ..that's discrimination
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I disagree with Banning him for life. Hell killers get less.

As far as I know he didn't even use the N word he called them blacks?

On the other hand if they followed that same logic with the players their probably would be very few left.

If I can record a player using the N word or degrading a white person will they be banned for life?

I don't know how they got his phone call but it was a private conversation between a rich dude and his HO, as far as I know. Whoever released it should be charged for violating his privacy I thought recording a call was illegal without consent? It was not public comment he made, he should be able to sue and own the NBA.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    I disagree with Banning him for life. Hell killers get less.

As far as I know he didn't even use the N word he called them blacks?

On the other hand if they followed that same logic with the players their probably would be very few left.

If I can record a player using the N word or degrading a white person will they be banned for life?

I don't know how they got his phone call but it was a private conversation between a rich dude and his HO, as far as I know. Whoever released it should be charged for violating his privacy I thought recording a call was illegal without consent? It was not public comment he made, he should be able to sue and own the NBA.

I havent investigated enough to form an opinion one way or other. But your comparing killers who broke a law and killed somebody vs a guy that didnt necessarily break a law, but did go against a private ogranizations values, morals, by laws etc. So to be honest if the private organization deems he is no longer a valued member of that organization or is damning to that organization I have no problem with what they did. If sterling believes he was treated wrong, then its a civil matter and he can pursue that approach.

In the end hes an owner of predominantly black team, whos going to want to work for him now. Number two his team is worth almost billion dollars, nice retirement check hes going to be sent packing with.