In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is MidwayUSA going to do it again

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
and cancel backorders since they have bulk 22Lr on their site with BO OK and it have been that way for about 10 days. Something to note a couple other sites are doing the same thing letting people BO.

Makes a person wonder if they will deliver or cancel like last time[?][?][?][?][?]

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be patient and you will find out. I did order 20 Magpul 5.56 mags from a site that took back orders (for $14.10 each) and they came through after about 45 days.

If you like the price order a pile and see what happens. What have you got to lose?
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they, does it cost you anything?

Wait and see. They probably will. But they might not!

It's their reputation they are shooting to pieces with their actions.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Don't know.

Cabela's though, have had a back order on five bricks of Federal Champion .22LR going on 49 weeks now. It was a sale last Christmas.

They claim they will honor it ... someday.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the highest regards for them but not to long ago they canceled Back orders. Kind of put a dent in their reputation and I can imagine how many BOs for 22lr they have and do they know something we don't or just sticking their neck out.

It doesn't cost a thing since they don't charge the CC until they ship if they ship.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Somebody posted a few days ago that Midway is doing away with the Dealer Pricing, one of the reasons I have a C&R is to get that! If they cancel dealer pricing back orders wont mean squat to me because I will quit ordering from them!
  • Options
    BeekeeperBeekeeper Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have ammo back ordered from Midway, is there any chance of ever getting it or should I move on and forget it? I have noticed they stopped taking back orders on 22 ammo.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,818 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Midway cancelled me out of several BO's for ammo after the price went up. MidSouth and Graf's honored their BO's and shipped when available.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,842 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I started ordering from Midway when the first started business and sold reloading supplies only. They were superior in pricing and had the lowest shipping rates.

Now that they have grown out of proportion, their prices are more than most and have exorbitant shipping costs. I too have used their BO and when something comes back in stock, I find it is sold out immediately. "JDLR" as they say in the military.

Grafs gets most of my business these days.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Do not cancel a back order if it is a good price. If the seller cancels, well that stinks but if you cancel it's a wasted opportunity. Just be patient.

Cabela's honored the back order I mentioned above. Took 13 months, but they delivered on five bricks of Federal Champion just last weekend.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    Do not cancel a back order if it is a good price. If the seller cancels, well that stinks but if you cancel it's a wasted opportunity. Just be patient.

Cabela's honored the back order I mentioned above. Took 13 months, but they delivered on five bricks of Federal Champion just last weekend.

Sound Wisdom. That said, I pretty much quit buying from Midway.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    i have 5 BOs since december It aint cost me or you a dime and i aint gonna cancel them
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had some BOs too. Several months ago. Haven't heard from them yet.[:(]