In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

QUESTION

Comments

• Options
    1FMJ1FMJ Member Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How does one or can one see their
    buy history on GB from day one?
    Thanks Ron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In the Movie "Lone Survivor", one of the SEALS tells his buddy that he will "Die with a full heart".
    What does he mean by that? Google has nothing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A forearm across the throat doesn't really count as a punch, does it? I've been three years since I actually punched anybody, and I really don't think this should count.

Peace

Dan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mydad killed three grizzlies back in the day using a .300win. mag... Was he under armed??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I see the "should homosexuals be allowed post" got locked.

But I posted and answer to jpwolf's post.

He states that homosexuality is learned, a choice or lifestyle, if you will, and that it can be "unlearned".

I say it is inate, you are born gay, and that's that. You can't change that fact.

waht do YOU think

Please, leave the Bible verses and the religion bashing at the door, I just want a simple answer, so this will not get locked or poofed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What happens if you hang a sign above your door that says "FREE LUNCH"?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Some people asked me to move this question from ask the experts.I was asking what was thought of the Colt 1991 A1.i got very few replies and they were all positive.I have seen other people ask about thoughts on different firearms and they got several pos. and neg. answers about the firearm.I posted the ? twice and got only a few answers all pos.Most any weapon has faults that someone doesnt like.Thats what I would like to hear.I am not looking for 100 answers just a small crossview.Maybe posters on this site like colts so much they wont say neg things about them.There has got to be something someone doesnt like about them and that could be a reason for me not to buy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am thinking about buying a 25 06, 7mm 08 or 243 in left hand or single shot. any opinions on who has the most accurate factory barrel? Thank you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    got a question on the sure shot bullets. I have a few that someone gave me for a 9mm. Basically just a little shotgun type of bullet (w/ little bb's in it) I haven't fired one through it because...well I just don't won't it to mess up my gun. Have any of you guys shot one through one of your guns?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Subject: question

>
    >
    > You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night,
    > when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for
    > the bus:
    >
    >
    > 1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    >
    >
    > 2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    >
    >
    > 3.. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
    >
    >
    > Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there
    > could only be one passenger in your car? Think before you continue
    > reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually
    > used as part of a job application. You could pick up the old lady,
    > because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first. Or
    > you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and
    > this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may
    > never be able to find your perfect mate again.
    >
    >
    > YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS.....................
    >
    >
    >
    > The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble
    > coming up with his answer. He simply answered: 'I would give the
    > car keys to my old friend and let him take the lady to the
    > hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner
    > of my dreams.' Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up
    > our stubborn
    > thought limitations. Never forget to 'Think Outside of the Box.'
    >
    > HOWEVER...., The correct answer is to run the old lady over and
    > put her out of her misery because Obama's health care won't pay for
    > her, have sex with the perfect partner on the hood of the car, then
    > drive off with the old friend for a few beers.
    >
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why does the US has so many bases out in the world? Germany, Japan, Greenland or is it Iceland, Korea (I understand. unfinished business) and others. Is it because of N.A.T.O.? If so why aren't there British bases in US? Or even a French base in California [:D]?

To me it basically reminds me of Roman days but globally. I just don't see the need to keep occupying places like in Okinawa. I mean Korea is just up a ways and there is a reason for being there.

So if someone would be kind to let me know why I'd be greatful [;)].
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am all for it AS LONG AS THE CONVICTION WAS BASED ON DIRECT EVIDENCE.

I do not want anyone sent to death on just a eyewitness account or circumstantial evidence.

The process from conviction/ sentencing through appeals to execution should take no more than 18 months.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

I do not want anyone sent to death on just a eyewitness account or circumstantial evidence.

The process from conviction/ sentencing through appeals to execution should take no more than 18 months.

+1
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We need to go back to Beyond Reasonable Doubt. With the introduction of DNA evidence it should be impossible to wrongly convict a person. If there is DNA proof and hard evidence to go with it then the death penalty should be immediatly applied. But organizations such as the ACLU have made it so damn difficult to avoid 20 years of appeals.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be OK with that under some certain circumstances.

Things like:

- Confession
    - The murder was witnessed by several viable witnesses.
    - DNA evidence was backed by other evidence

ect

In other words an open and shut case with no mitigating circumstances.

The method of execution is not all that important to me. I think maybe hanging should be brought back. It seemed to work well in the past and was not hampered by drug suppliers.

I also believe that anyone who is sentenced to over 20 years should be put to death. Keeping someone incarcerated for that long is cruel and there is little hope of them rejoining society and being productive.

If you have done something so bad to warrant being put in a cage for over 20 years you should just be put down.
    RLTW

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Frankly, I've had it with scum.

You sexually abuse or kill a kid under ten, you die.

You murder someone (or are part of a group that kills someone)in the process of a robbery, home invasion, rape, random act of violence, or arson, you die.

You deal meth, heroin, or other notoriously addictive drug, you die.

Being insane or having a low IQ is no longer a valid defense.

These penalties are automatic upon conviction. A jury may modify them as they see fit, but no action by a jury means sentence will be carried out within 30 days.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1FMJ
    How many GB members are in favor of the death penalty,for convicted murderers.No appeals a dead within 2 weeks.No life sentence,no appeals.And death would be VIA volunteer firing squad.<1FMJ>

Not in favor of what you describe at all.

Why would you want "no appeals" -- are you not aware of the many situations where death-penalty cases were overturned because the convicted person was determined to not be guilty?

Your "faith" in the police and prosecutors -- thinking they "always" get things right -- is more than a little disturbing. They are human beings and prone to errors and negligence in their work.

Our system is supposed to be structured so that we would rather see guilty people go free than wrongly convict an innocent person. You seem to want some system where you "just don't care" if some innocent people are convicted and executed.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I've been in more jails than most of you guys, so....I can tell you that knowing you are going to spend the rest of your life there is a terrible thing. That's especially true in maximum security prisons, such as BOP Florence, where you spend all day, every day, locked in a cell by yourself. Every day we read about terrible scum that some of us would like to see executed, but I think life inside is far worse than death.

The problem with the death penalty is that there have been many folks convicted unjustly. DNA? Some state/local examiners have falsified results & perjured themselves in court. Police testimony? Sometimes fabricated. Political influence? It happens every day. At least, with a possible life sentence, we sometimes are able to right a wrongful conviction; death is final, with no room for saying, "ooops".

However, I do support the death penalty for any prisoner who assaults or kills any corrections officer, corrections staff, jail visitor, or LEO; I am sick of the scum who say, "Hey, you can't do anything to me, I'm already serving life." We should try to keep our prison employees/visitors safe with that deterrent.

Neal
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I firmly support the death penalty, but certainly not without appeals and reviews to be sure due process was carried out properly, and to be doubly sure the right person is being executed. Now with that said, appeals should be completed in a timely manner, not stretched out for years/decades as they are today.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm all for speedy justice, but the fact of the matter is, it's not going to happen. Sad state of affairs, huh?
    What's next?
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,440 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reload999
    I firmly support the death penalty, but certainly not without appeals and reviews to be sure due process was carried out properly, and to be doubly sure the right person is being executed. Now with that said, appeals should be completed in a timely manner, not stretched out for years/decades as they are today.
    Yes.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I concur Bruce. Has to be 100% direct evidence and eye witness testimony or Video. Oakie
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I want it next to impossible for the state to kill anyone.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    My Son Is a Prison Guard
    Involved In A Scuffle At work
    Him and 3 other guards A Bunch of Inmates
    he is out of Work For at least til November Due to Torn Ligaments
    + more
    Lifers Attack Guards Chut 'em Done Deal
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mixed feelings. Too many overturned- not on a technicality, but on facts. I do believe there are some that are too dangerous to be allowed to remain among humans.

BTW, yesterday, Chad announced the execution of 10 members of the Boko Haram terrorist organization that had carried out attacks in the Capital of Chad. (Remember the folks that kidnapped 200 school girls? Yep, that's them)

They were convicted Friday. Executed at 11 AM Saturday at a local rifle range.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by nmyers
    Well, I've been in more jails than most of you guys, so....I can tell you that knowing you are going to spend the rest of your life there is a terrible thing. That's especially true in maximum security prisons, such as BOP Florence, where you spend all day, every day, locked in a cell by yourself. Every day we read about terrible scum that some of us would like to see executed, but I think life inside is far worse than death.

The problem with the death penalty is that there have been many folks convicted unjustly. DNA? Some state/local examiners have falsified results & perjured themselves in court. Police testimony? Sometimes fabricated. Political influence? It happens every day. At least, with a possible life sentence, we sometimes are able to right a wrongful conviction; death is final, with no room for saying, "ooops".

However, I do support the death penalty for any prisoner who assaults or kills any corrections officer, corrections staff, jail visitor, or LEO; I am sick of the scum who say, "Hey, you can't do anything to me, I'm already serving life." We should try to keep our prison employees/visitors safe with that deterrent.

Neal"

Amen. I used to be a hard and fast "hang'em NOW" guy. Since the advent of newer and better CSI tools, such as DNA, I am convinced that we have executed many innocent people. I agree that locking someone in a small room for the rest of their life is a much crueler choice than death, because they have to live with that knowledge every minute of every day. The biggest problem with the death sentence is that it is irrevocable. At least with life, and I do mean true LIFE, no parole, there is the opportunity to correct unjust convictions at a later date. Even if that may be decades later. I do not want these people in a "club fed". I want a supermax arrangement. One room, 23 hours a day, for the rest of their life. That I would support.
    As for cons who have the attitude that nothing more can be done to them, they could be in for a surprise. They can be denied that one hour of sunshine. Let them do their one hour of exercise in a small room with flickering old fluorescent lighting. Sunlight is for cons who behave themselves. [:D]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers

Neal

I assume you are some sort of guard or corrections worker. I agree with your support for the death penalty for crimes against those folks.

I wonder though, if you realize how self-serving it appears that if one of us normal folk gets killed we lock the killer up and pay to feed them forever, but should that killer get one of YOU, off with their heads.

I try to be intellectually consistent in my thoughts and decisions, and with that in mind, I cannot fathom a thought process that gets me to where you are. Taking a human life should be subject to consequences, and those consequences ought not be determined by where someone gets their paycheck.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be for it if all evidence is presented. No holding anything back.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bring back public hangings. Picnics ! Entertain me!
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers

Neal

I assume you are some sort of guard or corrections worker. I agree with your support for the death penalty for crimes against those folks.

I wonder though, if you realize how self-serving it appears that if one of us normal folk gets killed we lock the killer up and pay to feed them forever, but should that killer get one of YOU, off with their heads.

I try to be intellectually consistent in my thoughts and decisions, and with that in mind, I cannot fathom a thought process that gets me to where you are. Taking a human life should be subject to consequences, and those consequences ought not be determined by where someone gets their paycheck.

In all fairness, I don't think he was intending to sound self-serving or hypocritical. There is a special relationship between a prison CO and the inmates. The CO represents all of us (Society) during the day to day interactions. They are pretty much at the mercy of some of the worst people in the country. While I am pretty much now against the death penalty, there has to be some kind of maximum sanction to be used as a threat against lifers who think they have a free pass to kill anyone in the prison. If not "death", perhaps some kind of "Devils Island" remote facility. But, even there, what is the threatened sanction against an inmate who kills a CO? I realize the irony of opposing the death penalty and then supporting it in this type of murder. I am open to workable alternatives. Too bad we don't have a Phantom Zone ray, like the Kryptonians. [:)]
  • Options
    FreudianSlippersFreudianSlippers Member Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am in favor of the death penalty but only with an appeals process that errs on the side of preventing the execution of an innocent person.

This may seem pedantic, but some eyewitness testimony (for example, Bob saw the defendant shoot Jane) is is classified as direct evidence. Most of the forensic evidence that we have come to expect is technically circumstantial evidence.

quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I concur Bruce. Has to be 100% direct evidence and eye witness testimony or Video. Oakie

Contrary to popular belief, eyewitness testimony is one of the least reliable forms of evidence. Even if the witness honestly believes what he is saying, there is great potential for error, especially when the witness was involved in a stressful situation.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Favor if-
    A. The crime fits the punishment.
    B. The evidence supports beyond a shadow of doubt of the party being charged.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    carr bros in wichita tortured, and killed college students ..one girl shot in the head naked in subreezing weather made to a residence and survived...tried convicted and given death sentence had taxpayer paid lawyers humping for 14 FOURTEEN 14 YEARS then found stupid state supremes who threw out the death sentence...laughing themselves to sleep every fkng nite..now you know where i stand...DRT....and life sentence should be at HARD LABOR...mindless stupid boring all day tiring sweat weary every day...not lounging in the prison library grasping for a way out
  • Options
    Irish 8802Irish 8802 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Missouri,just last eve executed an individual who killed a 15 year old girl....He did this in 1989,and CONFESSED to it. Hey 26 years at $75000.00 per year is a bit to liberal.BTW he of the African persuasion, she of White.
  • Options
    1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by roswellnative
    Bring back public hangings. Picnics ! Entertain me!

Do we need a coliseum full of hungry lions?
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1FMJ
    How many GB members are in favor of the death penalty,for convicted murderers.No appeals a dead within 2 weeks.No life sentence,no appeals.And death would be VIA volunteer firing squad.<1FMJ>

I'm in favor of the death penalty for thieves too. A car thief should be treated just like a horse thief in the 1800s. String him up to the nearest tree and let him rot on the rope. That goes for gun thieves too.
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat

Why?
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    quote:Originally posted by skicat

Why?

2 main reasons.

1) I believe it is worse to execute one innocent person than to pay to house all the ones accused of capital crimes. There are too many ways for the system to fail and end up killing the wrong person.

2) Govts abuse any power given them and we have an established track record to prove this. Why then would we willingly give them the power to execute us.

I want to live in a country which values liberty above all else and there is a cost associated with living in a country where you do not have to worry about the state killing you. That cost is paying for guilty people to be locked up at our expense.
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In cases where the evidence is 100% irrefutable, I most certainly do support cleansing the gene pool.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tech141
    In cases where the evidence is 100% irrefutable, I most certainly do support cleansing the gene pool.

Rarely do we have the luxury and fortune to have 100% certainty about these cases. Witnesses lie or are mistaken, evidence is missed or misinterpreted, police and judges prove to be corrupt, and we have even seen people confess to crimes they didn't commit.

So realizing any system employed by the state will be flawed, why wouldn't you want to err on the side of keeping an innocent alive?