In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HE DOG, INTERSTATE, AND ALL CAT LOVERS..

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2006 in General Discussion
My lil prince, one of my babies that I raised from birth, a beautiful marble bengal, 15 weeks old, took 8 out of 8 finals at the Kansas cat show....Unheard of for a kitten .....

His mom is Swift on Foot, his daddy is Hercules, and he has a name a mile long but to me?...he is my lil prince....

Comments

• Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a lil prince, as well. That would be "Prince Buddy", aka "Bud Majesty", aka "Buddy Love", a three year old black and white I got from the shelter. I have two other cats with me in the cabin (twins "Socrates" and "Phoebe", whose mother was taken away by an owl) who serve as his court, and seven semi-feral cats out in the barn ("Lucy", "Daisy", "Chloe", "Hallie", "Zorro", "Bright Eyes" and "Henri"). But Buddy is the prince and the ruler over all that he can see.
  • Options
    wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November -1
    That's great Beth. Although I joke around about them, I know you love cats. Was he your's or the Doc you work for?
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    You came all the way to Kansas and didn't let us midwesterners know!?!?![:0][:0] Beth, how could you?
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Steve..
    He belongs to the Breeder I work for....You know I am medical but I cannot stand working for the drs, so my medical training goes into the cats...and yes, I do love cats...I know you joke and if I didnt know you were joking you wouldnt be able to sit for a week..[}:)]

Matwor..

I wasnt in Kansas...My boss does the trips and I take care of the cats...All our cats are grand champions, double grands, triple or quad grands...and yes they are very expensive..

If I was in Kansas or anywhere in the US, you can bet your britches Classic would be with me and we would hook up with any GB'ers..
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dances has cats!!!?? With names?

THUD!

Clouder..
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way to go Beth. BTW (I remember you replied to my orphan kitten post) I lucked out and found a nursing mom out in my front woods. She accepted the orphan as one of her own. My wife has 5 outside cats. She feeds and waters every day. Old Jeff had to buy a $80. cat (dog) house last fall for them. Insulated w/ foam pad & carpeting & plastic door. The moms want to build their own nest though.

Anyway I'm a hero and will probably get to go to Sturgis this year!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses
    Matwor..

I wasnt in Kansas...My boss does the trips and I take care of the cats...All our cats are grand champions, double grands, triple or quad grands...and yes they are very expensive..

If I was in Kansas or anywhere in the US, you can bet your britches Classic would be with me and we would hook up with any GB'ers..

Okay then. I forgive you.[;)][:D]
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    ALF would love to see your kitty. [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Alf is fictional, my cats arent....[}:)][;)][}:)]
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    You came all the way to Kansas and didn't let us midwesterners know!?!?![:0][:0] Beth, how could you?
    My thoughts exactly ... then I read the rest of the post!
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations,BR. [^] [:)]
  • Options
    woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    I happen to live with the world's smartest cat and the world's most beautiful cat. I am certain that I could earn a comfortable living going to cat shows and making commercials for cat food with these two cats. However, as I am constantly reminded, it is beneath them to exploit their talents for profit. Therefore they remain unknown.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My old cat would'nt be allowed within 10 miles of a cat show. He'd most likely corrupt the other cats and teach them bad habits. Actually I cherish the little guy, all 14 pounds of him! I've had him for 11 years, since he was about 5 weeks old. Just a head and a tail when I got him. [:D]

Congrates BlackRoses on your kitty's wins at the show!!
  • Options
    nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 9 months ago I scored two cats from the local shelter. They are best brothers and hang-out and hunt together all day long. One is a little all black one we call "Brujo," or "Don Brujo," when we want to be formal. Thats pronounced bru-ho, and means male witch or wizzard in Spanish. The other one is a Main * Cat named "Lynx", who we call "Lynxo DePonsor" on occasion. He is going to be a big one. I read that Main * Cats keep growing for three years and can weigh 15-20 LBS.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is great Beth, I don't mean to put a damper on your joy, but it was after all only Kansas, and not even a state where they do not think of cats as food or targets of abuse! I am gonna be really thrilled when he hits the big time in real state.

DWS, and Eiger is the throne?
  • Options
    sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:HE DOG, INTERSTATE, AND ALL CAT LOVERS..
    Oh, I'm sorry.
    I thought this was going to be recipe for preparing Cat. [:D] [:D] [8D]
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And that is why you are not in Florida anymore niner... Ain't safe for you down there...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would love to see all the pics of everyone's cats...

sheepdip...that cat pic is precious....love it...[:)]
  • Options
    The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:...love it...

Some is...some ain't...be careful how y'all use my dots...[:X]
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    One of our two cats. The other is a large Maine *.

The cat puts its paw up in the air when you scratch its ear. So cute!

Vera_in_ecstasy.jpg