In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A typical democrat enemy lover

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited April 2007 in General Discussion
Hope they keep her sorry * over there!

To clearify, not all democrats are enemy lovers, but she, along with a few others in Washington are.

White House Doesn't Support House Speaker Pelosi's Visit to Syria

Saturday , March 31, 2007

AP
ADVERTISEMENT

WASHINGTON -
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will visit Syria, a country President Bush has shunned as a sponsor of terrorism, despite being asked by the administration not to go.

"In our view, it is not the right time to have these sort of high-profile visitors to Syria," State Department spokesman Sean McCormack told reporters Friday.

Pelosi toured Jerusalem holy sites Saturday alongside a congressional delegation that included Democratic Rep. Keith Ellison, the first Muslim elected to Congress.

The tour was part of the congressional delegation's first full day in Jerusalem, the first stop on their fact-finding trip to the Middle East. The group arrived here Friday.

Flanked by security guards, Pelosi and the delegation toured the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, where Christians believe Jesus' body was buried, in Jerusalem's Old City. They also visited the Western Wall, the holiest site in Judaism, where Jews have gathered for centuries to pray.

Her second trip to the Middle East, an indication she plans to play a role in foreign policy, is also a direct affront to the administration, which says such diplomatic overtures by lawmakers can do more harm than good.

Pelosi will not be the first member of Congress in recent months to travel to Syria, but as House speaker she is the most senior.

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said the speaker "should take a step back and think about the message that it sends."

"This is a county that is a state sponsor of terror, one that is trying to disrupt the Senora government in Lebanon and one that is allowing foreign fighters to flow into Iraq from its borders," Perino said.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad "probably really wants people to come, and have a photo opportunity, and have tea with him, and have discussions about where they're coming from. But we just think it's a really bad idea," Perino said.

Pelosi's office did not immediately return a call seeking comment on why she was not heeding administration warnings.

U.S. officials held their first direct, high-level contact with Syrian representatives in years when they met in Baghdad this month with officials from several Middle East countries to discuss Iraq.

McCormack said the State Department tried to discourage Pelosi and the others from visiting Syria but agreed to give their staff a pre-trip briefing. The U.S. Embassy in Damascus also is expected to assist the delegation.

Others traveling with Pelosi were Democratic Reps. Keith Ellison of Minnesota, Henry Waxman and Tom Lantos of California, Louise Slaughter of New York and Nick Rahall of West Virginia, and Ohio Republican David Hobson. Ellison is the first Muslim member of Congress.

The House has adjourned for a two-week spring break.

The group planned to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and to travel to the West Bank to meet with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, said Ellison's spokesman, Rick Jauert.

The speaker is expected on Sunday to address the Israeli Knesset, her first address to a foreign government. She will become the highest-ranking American woman to speak before the Israeli parliament, according to her office.

She is expected to discuss "America's commitment to Israel and the challenges facing the two nations in the Middle East," according to a statement.

In late January, Pelosi and a close political ally, Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., led a delegation of House members to Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel and other countries.

The January trip to Baghdad came just days after the president asked Congress in his State of the Union address to give his revised war strategy a chance to work. Bush is sending 21,500 additional combat troops, plus thousands of other support troops, to Iraq in a bid to tamp down sectarian attacks and provide enough security to hasten reconstruction efforts.

Pelosi last week forced legislation through the House that would order all combat troops out of Iraq by September 2008, a measure that resembles legislation approved by the Democratic-run Senate.

Comments

• Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...oh I'm sure they will all sit on the floor holding hands bad mouthing America and Bush and singing Kumbyah, then have a nice warm group hug.

...When thru being all warm and fuzzy, she will probably tour some of their terror training grounds complementing how streamlined their operation is and efficient, unlike Americas...[xx(]

...where are the suicide bombers when you need them?...[^]

ani-texas-flag-1.gif
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reminds me of Bill Clinton,John Kerry and Jane Fonda. But all 4 do have one thing in common.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, she'll be embraced by the terrorists...it is highly doubtful that they would target someone they consider to be a friend. Our country would be well served should the opposite take place.
  • Options
    Fatboy livesFatboy lives Member Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know I realize what some are saying, what would we do if a foreign force were occupying American soil. The difference is, these muslim people are not content to have their little corner of the world, they insist that everyone submit to the will of allah, or be put to the sword. They hate us period. That being the case, why should we sit by and allow them to do what they will. My only thing is allow the troops to fight to win, take the gloves off, allow our troops to fight as they fought in WW2.
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fatboy lives
    You know I realize what some are saying, what would we do if a foreign force were occupying American soil. The difference is, these muslim people are not content to have their little corner of the world, they insist that everyone submit to the will of allah, or be put to the sword. They hate us period. That being the case, why should we sit by and allow them to do what they will. My only thing is allow the troops to fight to win, take the gloves off, allow our troops to fight as they fought in WW2.

There are eight Marines who took the gloves off the same way that the Gun Broker fellowship dreams of doing as policy and all are now sitting in a military prison after they admitted their own guilt in the killing of a suspected Iraqi insurgent. As I recall when the news of this broke here the Gun Broker gang instantly claimed that the Marines were innocent and any who felt that the murdered civilian was not a terrorist instantly subjected to the usual round of insults and ridicule that this site is famous for and which the administrators do nothing to stop, despite their high handed talking. Those Marines are very lucky that they do not have to face a civil court in Iraq with an Iraqi jury.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/military/20070118-1323-bn18thomas.html
  • Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    I think you men......are wadding up your purple panties up over nothing. Any time a politician is out of D.C. they are not able to screw with us. As far as the regular G.I. is concerned , he has only one Commander in Chief. I also don't see where either party is in full control of D.C. , if the G.O.P. members don't cut and run.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    enemy?

when did congress declare war on syria?
    or is this more presidential special powers unconstitutional BS?
    either way I would have heard about it on the news.
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fact finding tour? Isn't she touring the wrong countries? If she wants facts, how about a tour in Iraq, Iran, and Afganistan.
  • Options
    Msut77Msut77 Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a1YH6znT2Z10&refer=home

quote:Perino's remarks come as a group of Republican lawmakers has embarked on their own trip to Syria. Michael Lowry, a spokesman for Representative Robert Aderholt, said that the Alabama lawmaker will visit Syria as part of a Republican delegation led by Representative Frank Wolf, a Virginia Republican. Wolf is the top Republican on the House appropriations subcommittee that funds the State Department.

Perino wasn't available to comment about that trip.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know what your talking about, and I think those eight marines should not be in military prison right now but instead should be commended. quote:Originally posted by kristov

There are eight Marines who took the gloves off the same way that the Gun Broker fellowship dreams of doing as policy and all are now sitting in a military prison after they admitted their own guilt in the killing of a suspected Iraqi insurgent. As I recall when the news of this broke here the Gun Broker gang instantly claimed that the Marines were innocent and any who felt that the murdered civilian was not a terrorist instantly subjected to the usual round of insults and ridicule that this site is famous for and which the administrators do nothing to stop, despite their high handed talking. Those Marines are very lucky that they do not have to face a civil court in Iraq with an Iraqi jury.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/military/20070118-1323-bn18thomas.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman
    enemy?

You can go kiss them too. You won't like what they do to you in return.

I hope you grow up before it's too late.
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Henry Waxman is with them. He's someone with truly insane ideas of how to "stop crime".

One of his winners was to mandate handgun hammers and strikers to record a serial number on cartridge cases. [Imagine having a bucketful of cases from the police range, and launching them into a crime scene with a slingshot from blocks away]. Right, like criminals won't take a file to the markings, ignoring the felony of tampering with this identification dream.

I think he also was part of the gang that wanted individual bullets marked with microscopic data.

What a crime-stopping savior. A genuine Mensa. He's probably there to get a free trip to the Wall.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    enemy?

That KSU kid one of the few bright spots on this board; intelligent, articulate and a free thinker who's views have yet been corrupted by the dogma which piles up here day after day. The endless rantings against Muslims, Mexicans, gays and zombies along with the worshiping of Geroge Bush and the demand for blind dedication to GW's policies would have long since worn down a lesser man, even one twice his age!
  • Options
    awindsawinds Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She makes me puke.[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kristov
    That KSU kid one of the few bright spots on this board; intelligent, articulate and a free thinker who's views have yet been corrupted by the dogma which piles up here day after day. The endless rantings against Muslims, Mexicans, gays and zombies along with the worshiping of Geroge Bush and the demand for blind dedication to GW's policies would have long since worn down a lesser man, even one twice his age!

That boy doesn't have a clue what war or what battle is. He's still young enough to believe that all people are good and you can resolve differences by talking it out. A wonderful fantasy, but a fantasy just the same.

We don't need mothering women or fantastical thinkers fighting our enemy. We need people willing to kill or be killed.

I know this irks you, but facts are facts. Diplomacy is only effective when you have the mussel to back it up. You liberal enemy kissers have to learn that everyone else in America keeps your liberal butts free and safe, and all you do it make the job harder.

This has nothing to do with Bush, and it's funny those of you obsessed with him are the ones who always throw his name into the fight. Wake up! Your enemy is Bush while everyone else's are the terrorist.

What did you say? "intelligent, articulate and a free thinker who's views have yet been corrupted by the dogma which piles up here day after day" Nothing like a good liberal education from a bunch of liberal professors to make a young man think this way. Makes those apron strings longer for momma to hold on to.

Maybe he's the kind of man you long for, but most women want a man who will fight to protect them rather than try to make everything an ideological argument. I think he's a good kid, but still a kid. Not by age but by the liberal teachings of the professors who don't have a clue of the real world themselves.
  • Options
    Msut77Msut77 Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dheffley did you read the article I linked to?
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "It was found difficult to restrain their ardor, particularly that of the Acadians, who, at the sight of the British troops, being in flamed with rage at their recollection of their old injuries, were eager to rush on those who had desecrated their hearths, burned their paternal roofs to the ground, and driven them into exile like miserable outlaws and outcasts".
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    I wonder why no one bashes the Republicans that go to Syria? The fact remains that the US has no fight with Syria, and Syria's involvement in negations in the area can go a long way towards settling things in the region. Well, as settled as possible. I think a lot of people here need to realize that the region does not readily recognize the boarders that didn't exist sixty years ago.
  • Options
    Buck EBuck E Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell me brothers, where in the constitution of the United States are the congress or the senate given international relations powers. I think the lady has no business there. I am becoming increasingly more resentfull of footing the bill for grandstanding on both sides. I would like to see these folks stop pointing fingers and spending the peoples money. GO TO WORK YOU BUMS!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Correct only the POTUS is to be the representive of the U.S. in foreign affairs.quote:Originally posted by Buck E
    Tell me brothers, where in the constitution of the United States are the congress or the senate given international relations powers. I think the lady has no business there. I am becoming increasingly more resentfull of footing the bill for grandstanding on both sides. I would like to see these folks stop pointing fingers and spending the peoples money. GO TO WORK YOU BUMS!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    enemy?

I am not the one who needs to grow up.
    diplomatic relations have not yet been broken with Syria and war has not been declared. As long as that remains so politicians can bloody well do their job and send people over there for peaceful talks.

If and when talks break down and it is clear that war is the only course of action is war, the CONGRESS declares war on said power and we go to war. At least that is the way it works in the US Constitution and how it worked before we entered the age of girlie-man "police actions" and unitaleral pre-emptive bombings.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Correct only the POTUS is to be the representive of the U.S. in foreign affairs.quote:Originally posted by Buck E

didn't you read the memo?
    now teh pres declares wars and congress negotiates [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

We'll see what you say about it in 20 years.

You liberals who follow the left lies like sheeple are the ones who have been castrated and act like women.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

We'll see what you say about it in 20 years.

You liberals who follow the left lies like sheeple are the ones who have been castrated and act like women.[;)]

And what about the people that follow the lies of the right? Same thing?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se

Most of them, yes. Anyone who declares themselves a republican or a democrat are asking for someone they have no influence with to control their lives.[V]

You young folks think you have a handle on truth and how things need to be done, and you will be amazed how your thinking changes in 20 years. I know you don't believe it now, but neither did we.[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Most of them, yes. Anyone who declares themselves a republican or a democrat are asking for someone they have no influence with to control their lives.[V]

You young folks think you have a handle on truth and how things need to be done, and you will be amazed how your thinking changes in 20 years. I know you don't believe it now, but neither did we.[^]

I never said I was right, and neither did KSU. He's pointing out the fact that we (as a country) are not at war with Syria. So, diplomatic relations with them are fine. Indeed, the US needs all the foreign help it can get in the region. The US played buddy-buddy with all sorts of despicable people in the past to hinder the goings on of countries deemed "more" of a problem; i.e. Iran/Iraq War, Pakistan and the Taliban, etc. The main difference here being that Peloski does it in view of the public. And, again, she's not the first to do it. Many Republicans visited with Syria too. So, I don't see what the big deal about her visit should be.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So, I don't see what the big deal about her visit should be.

Because we are at war and have Americans in harms way of the very people Syria supports and arms. I don't care if you are republican or democrat, you don't snuggle with the enemy. Pelosi is a puke who wants to play partisan politics with one thing in mind, and that is to discredit Bush. The problem is, she's willing to hurt her own country to do it. She should be hanged.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So, I don't see what the big deal about her visit should be.

Because we are at war and have Americans in harms way of the very people Syria supports and arms. I don't care if you are republican or democrat, you don't snuggle with the enemy. Pelosi is a puke who wants to play partisan politics with one thing in mind, and that is to discredit Bush. The problem is, she's willing to hurt her own country to do it. She should be hanged.

Discredit the president? Not to hard to do outside of this country I'm afraid. Her agenda maybe to get Syria to back off support. Its countrymen aren't the only ones pouring into Iraq, Jordan has people flocking there as well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Discredit the president? Not to hard to do outside of this country I'm afraid.

No argument here, but like it or not, you don't help the enemy in their task, and she is every time she opens her mouth. Right or wrong, it times of war you don't give comfort to the enemy. It gets soldiers killed.

Her agenda maybe to get Syria to back off support.

No, her agenda is purely partisan.

Its countrymen aren't the only ones pouring into Iraq, Jordan has people flocking there as well.

And what do you think should be done about it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Diplomacy is the only way to address the other countries people flocking there. A country can't control what a private citizen does; regardless of how authoritarian its government. Bringing other countries on board to help stabilize Iraq would negate the need for the foreign fighters to go there. Unfortunately answerers for the problem are not black and white, nor are they easy. Will Poloski's trip solve anything? I doubt it. I even doubt it will effect Syria's perception of the US one way or the other. But, I could be wrong. We all could be wrong.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Diplomacy is the only way to address the other countries people flocking there. A country can't control what a private citizen does; regardless of how authoritarian its government. Bringing other countries on board to help stabilize Iraq would negate the need for the foreign fighters to go there. Unfortunately answerers for the problem are not black and white, nor are they easy. Will Poloski's trip solve anything? I doubt it. I even doubt it will effect Syria's perception of the US one way or the other. But, I could be wrong. We all could be wrong.

The democrats style of diplomacy is to give the other country 100 billion of our tax money to buy them off from violence. That stops the up front support as long as we pay, but does nothing for the covert actions. History proves this ALWAYS happens.

The republicans answer is to let the democrats do it, then blame them.

Teddy said, "walk softly and carry a big stick", not "pay them off then blame each other."

You have to be willing to fight the fight, and you have to let your adversary know you mean business. And, politicians who play partisan politics while American soldiers are in harms way are the lowest form of life on the planet. Even worse than the terrorist.
  • Options
    newtgingrichnewtgingrich Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A country has to have a single voice on foreign policy. America has always had that tradition. The day you start to have rogue members of congress making their own deals with foreign countries is the day you are headed for BIG trouble. What is Pelosi makes a deal or promises with Syria and then republicans win back the house and the presidency ? This would set a HORRIBLE precedent and is exactly the reason why foreign policy has to be conducted with a single voice, whether you agree with it or not
  • Options
    edited November -1

The democrats style of diplomacy is to give the other country 100 billion of our tax money to buy them off from violence. That stops the up front support as long as we pay, but does nothing for the covert actions. History proves this ALWAYS happens.

The republicans answer is to let the democrats do it, then blame them.

Teddy said, "walk softly and carry a big stick", not "pay them off then blame each other."

You have to be willing to fight the fight, and you have to let your adversary know you mean business. And, politicians who play partisan politics while American soldiers are in harms way are the lowest form of life on the planet. Even worse than the terrorist.

True, but you have to make compromises in international dealings; like it or not. Depending on what exactly the compromises are, they may be worth making if it gets the troops out. That would allow the US to rebuild the military and refocus its energy on Bin Laden in Afganistan. Which would be a better use of resources.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No compromises! Do you want a government that compromises you in times of war?

Compromises are for issues like import/export issues and such.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    poor, pathetic, deluded hag. She probably hopes that she'll be eaten last by the crocodile.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No compromises! Do you want a government that compromises you in times of war?

What do you think a treaty is? It's a compromise on terms between contries so that both end up getting something of what they want. This is how the international community works.

Again, we are not at war with Syria. And, Bush declared "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq. So, who are we at war with? Is this about the "War on Terrorism"? If it is, the turnout will be the same as "The War on.." (Drugs, homelessness, or whatever abstact idea we've declared war on).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, a treaty is an agreement, not a compromise. You can make compromises in a treaty, but that makes for a bad treaty.

We are at war. Ask any soldier stationed in Iraq or Afganistan.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What we need in that highly sensitve area of the world is a foreign leader that we can trust to protect American interests. This should be a fellow who runs a secular government and is not in league with the radical forces of Islam. He should also have full control of his own country and if it means taking a hard line against those who might speak out against him we could look the other way since it is in our best interests to do so. I have heard about a fellow named Saddam who seems to have all of those qualities and while getting buddy buddy with him may not seem pleasent, in the long run it can't possibly have a bad effect on the United States. Let's send a couple of good Republicans from the Reagan administration over to find him and chat and while they are there they might as well sell him a few hundred million dollars in arms.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All the Dems can do is talk and if talking worked like they think the Middle East would be the safest Place on earth. That's all the Dems have done is talk and the terroist grow bolder. Maybe she should stay over and talk talk talk all she wants they will just sit and listen and laugh at her. Dems the best friends the terroist ever had.
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    Danny Said: Because we are at war and have Americans in harms way of the very people Syria supports and arms. I don't care if you are republican or democrat, you don't snuggle with the enemy. Pelosi is a puke who wants to play partisan politics with one thing in mind, and that is to discredit Bush. The problem is, she's willing to hurt her own country to do it. She should be hanged.

I think the hanging idea has some real merit![:0][:0]