In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Its done

catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
edited April 2007 in General Discussion
I ordered a NoDak AKM receiver today. Also, I met a guy who's built a few AK's and told me to give him a call if I need any help, or if I'd like to build it up here if I can't get back to Wisconsin. We'll see on that second offer, I'd like to do this myself.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    no saving anything.
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I take it you got a phone call or a letter.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Instant message. I'm going to have to do the paperwork and everything because I don't think she's intelligent enough or even capable of carrying anything though to the end.
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    well as bad as it may seem your better off sorry man
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All we back home can say is, "Good for you."
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that. However, it is better to know and get it done quick than to have it drag out. The lows suck but, it WILL get better. BTDT. Wish I could help you more. Maybe, throw yourself into something productive or charitable. Time will pass and you WILL feel better.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by catpealer111
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7

None of you were any help.

from the sounds of it you needed help a long time before you posted on here and you needed more help then anyone on this forum could have givin ya take it from me iv been there and it took prof. help
    tazz
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    I can tell you this: Divorce is survivable, and you will come through it stronger and better than before. The transition is painful, but it doesn't last forever.

I know. I have been through it three times. In no case was it my choice.

If you have no children and no major jointly owned property, it can be very easy, fast and cheap.

And, if you EVER entertain the notion of marrying again, get a good pre-nup. A pre-nup is not a bad thing, nor does it mean that the marriage will fail. All a pre-nup is, is an agreement between you stating what will happen with separate property, joint property, children, and so on, in the event of a dissolution of the marriage.

Dawnie and I have a pre-nup. I mainly wanted to protect my retirement account and my house, since they are my principal assets. If she decides to leave, she will be decidedly better off financially than she was at the beginning of the marriage, but she won't be able to touch the house or my retirement account, and I won't be able to touch her retirement account.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    None of you were any help.as for me... sorry, I thought it would be better to keep my trap shut than confuse things. I don't know any more about (does anybody know?) about what's going on between you and that chick, besides you weren't talking.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't think he meant "us".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dlrjj
    I don't think he meant "us".

You are correct sir. I was referring to the family back home.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was pretty certain of that.[:)]
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    CP, you have friends and family here. And we'll continue to be here.

Sorry to hear of your decision, as you know, my marriage was on the rocks a while back. Things have been more that fantastic since.

If this is what you want, then good for you. You'll come out a better, stronger person.

Best of luck to you.

BTW, my inbox is always open if you need to talk.....come to think about it, my fridge is also full of beer, should you need any.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    You know what's cool? Later on, down the road, when you are riding in your new vehicle of choice, wearing new clothes, with a younger, better-looking honey on your arm, and you run into your ex, and you just sort of nod at her, as though she is someone you used to know, along time ago, but you can't quite identify her.

BTDT, and it's GREAT.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    No good for me to be appologizin now i guess. wile under the impression that the Peeler was thumbin his nose at all y'all that threw some good advice into the ring, only to be snubbed for your efforts, i got a bit steamed.
    I was poundin-out my rant, wile those posts were bein written.
    Jeff
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Looks like it alredy went "POOF", wich is cool by me .Thanks to whoever deleted it..[B)]
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like everything is going "poop" er..."poof"
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    Sorry Cat. Sounds like it was for the best.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry for you Cat...I tried to warn you a while back. I've been there buddy...but I cannot say that I've not saved anything...

I wish you the best man. It will get better. One day, you will wake up and realize that you are out of the dark tunnel. I've been in your shoes man....................................................
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about that, man. It seems to me as if this is for the best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess its for the best, she hated my motorcycle.
  • Options
    edited November -1

well that settels it she had to go [:D][:D][:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tazzer

well that settels it she had to go [:D][:D][:D][;)]

That's a good way to look at it!!![8D][:D] You'll be ok buddy.[:)]
  • Options
    Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    Having been down that road once before, I'm sorry to hear that it has come to a parting of the ways. But, you'll get through it and move on. Hopefully, so will she.

Cat, you have a lifetime to look forward to and this is but the turning of a page into another chapter. I wish you good fortune but most of all I wish you peace and contentment within.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slow_Hand
    Having been down that road once before, I'm sorry to hear that it has come to a parting of the ways. But, you'll get through it and move on. Hopefully, so will she.

Cat, you have a lifetime to look forward to and this is but the turning of a page into another chapter. I wish you good fortune but most of all I wish you peace and contentment within.

This is where it counts...
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    from the info I had, I would say you are better off. At least the answer has been determined, it is drawing to a close. It sounds as though she MAY have decided to move on a while ago,..and to not be up front was disrespectful. The good news is that you now know what lies before you, and you also know you can move on with no guilt in your conscience and the understanding that you at least waited until it was over.

Better days lie ahead,.....wish you the best.
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cubslover
    CP, you have friends and family here. And we'll continue to be here.

Sorry to hear of your decision, as you know, my marriage was on the rocks a while back. Things have been more that fantastic since.

If this is what you want, then good for you. You'll come out a better, stronger person.

Best of luck to you.

BTW, my inbox is always open if you need to talk.....come to think about it,my fridge is also full of beer , should you need any.

I'm having some trouble and could use a beer friend Brandon .
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    sorry cat, file the papers then never look back. healing will start when its over. trust me, it will be as a weight is llifted off your shoulders. best way to get over one is get another, works with guns,motorcycles,and women.[;)][:D]
  • Options
    scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1

Sounds like a trip to the NCO club next weekend!! Those LE and Admin chicks were always easy. Don't be silly...wrap your willie!
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Well congrats! Ive had "several" of the big D's [:0][:D]...All THEIR fault, NEVER mine, being as perfect as I am!..............NOT!

...Keep yourself busy,[BUSY is the KEY!!!!] have fun and it will be a distant memory in no time. There is for sure life after the big D...and usually a BETTER one!

...Get past it, and believe me, there are plenty of women out there, even for someone like you ([:D]).

...OR....just hang tight, loose....and FREE!! I enjoyed all the "free" years between mine. Don't go playing the 'ol basket ball off the board either! You are "vulnrable" to a degree right now...and what you DON'T need is to run up on another "vulnrable" female (their REALLY "easy" [:p] and fun, leave 'em be as if they are a leper!)...ya'll would both be all gooshy, clingy...at least for awhile until you both get your head back straight...then it could be too late if you both "commit" during this "weak" stage. BELIEVE me it HAPPENS all the time!

...Two weakened people meet, and ahhh, they give the companionship both are longing for, sex is great (it's "new") and all of a sudden everybody is happier than they were when they in their respective POS marrages (NOT hard)...and SHA-ZAM! You THINK "this is it!!"...it aint; if you think it is, you have a re-run of what you just got out of!

...It is NOT easy to do...but DON'T get tied up with "one" until you feel you DON'T need a date, to be around a woman, and you can take 'em or leave 'em... you would rather go hunting, fishing, shooting, go to a gun show...by yourself, or a friend (guy)....rather than haning with a woman.

...Be careful dude! And don't be so damn macho as to not get some advice from people who have been thru the Big D, the after the fact feelings, how to deal with them, and "the rebound"...and LISTEN and heed what they say!..luck guy...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-1.gif

Just roll with ENJOYING your freedom...and dont "try" to find someone..if it's meant to be, it will happen...just put it out of your mind and enjoy yourself dude.
  • Options
    ObiWanObiWan Member Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!

Go find a divorce lawyer and let him do the paperwork. It'll be one of the wisest investments you'll ever make.

Once she signs the paperwork make sure you get her ID Card from her...take the ID card and divorce papers to MPF to get her removed from DEERS.

Then it's keg party time! There's lotsa young island girls over here in the Pacific when ya get sent over here. We've got a 19yr old staying with us now I'd love to dump off on ya.....I mean hook you up with. [:p]
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7

None of you were any help.

Did you get the dog yet? If not, don't say I wasn't any help...
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1

That would do it for me![:0] The end![:0]