In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Boy's haircuts...heading out to see how much now??

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Every time I take my son out to get his hair cut it seems to cost more.

What happened to the $8 boy cut? I remember going every other week or so and giving someone a $10. He used to get the flat top cut that little boys look so adorable in.

Now it is this swoopy actual style kind of thing...so I figured more money is involved, but its over $20 now.

This seems to be a little much to me.

He is never happy when we go get it done either. We have tried different people....and he complains when we get in the car EVERY TIME! Oh well.....lets go see what someone can do to his head for less than $30 today!
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy a pair of Walls clippers and you can cut his hair until the day he leaves home.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I did it one time....when he was little. I promised (as I laughed my rump off) to never cut his hair again.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give him a summer cut.
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    My barber charges a flat rate of $10, and that includes a beard trim.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to be able to cut my own hair. I could do a damn good fade until I had an ATV accident & had the tendon in my wrist reattached.

I could cut everyone else's hair after that still, but my wrist just doesn't bend good enough to do it in the mirror any more.

I'm just getting my soon to be 4yr old to sit still while I cut his with clippers & thinning shears.[:D]
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I go to a one chair barbershop and pay $12.00 (and a three dollar tip under advice from this forum)
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One small shop in town charges $5 if it is all clipper work(buzz and flattops), otherwise it is $10.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i thought it would be hard to find a barber in AL that charged that much!
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think my wife only charges $10. But if your a regular and come in with your kid it's free. Something like that.
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    My son's are about $10. But after watching her do it a few times, my son let me cut it myself. Now free...
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Gonna Get it Razor Trimmed/Thinned?

Ombre Treatments?

Washed and Conditioned?

Perm?

Extensions?

Dyed/Bleached?

...Shouldn't be much more than a Car Payment...
  • Options
    rscoleman88rscoleman88 Member Posts: 4,250
    edited November -1
    If he's that worried about his hair, he needs to do more manual labor. [:o)]
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My early joint charges $13 kind a steep since there's less to cut[:D].

I say take him to the local beauty school and let them get practice. If the first one screws it up the next one can get the practice until his hair's all gone [:D].
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    everyday that goes buy, the dollar is further devalued/inflated. unfortunately, while market pricing of most things is very fluid, wages are not. wages never keep up with inflation. things cost more while your take home stays the same.

how often do you get a raise at a regular paycheck type of job? perhaps twice a year if you're lucky. usually once, if your company actually gives out raises at all(my current job hasnt seen a wage increase in 9 years).
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    $100 investment.

shopitemzoom-1274179319_WahlBaldingClipper.jpg

Five or six times using the tool and a hair cut will only cost ya around $00.06 worth of electricity each.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do my own hair, set of clippers followed up with a razor. I gave up on having hair [:D][8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I cut Larry's hair.....NOBODY wants me to cut Liam's hair. (Especially Liam!)

We made the trip out there and he got it cut. I gave him $25 and told him I would meet him in the book store.

He came in and I told him to pick out something because he HAD to read a book this summer. (If not more.)

I had a few things picked out and got him to read the "snippit" on the covers of the things I had picked out. He didn't want any of them.....but he DID wander around and picked out SNIPER (the Chris Kyle autobio.)

I also picked up this one book that had the entire series of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.....all three books.

I'm hoping he gives that one a try.

Last summer he read the Hunger Games series. Making him read anything is like pulling teeth, but once he gets into something he likes it.

My girls LOVE to read. They each have small libraries. I hate my oldest's choices of books. She is into some crazy vampire series of novels...they are so beyond anything I would want to read.
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Remember the weekly Marine Corps haircuts in the Far East. $1.00 got you a haircut and a massage. Out in town it was $5.00 but the massage part was, well, a little better.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    haircut and massage shop. I'll bet that would be a big hit in Alabama!!
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Wife cut's My Son's Hair,She got so good at it that even though They are all in Their twenties They still have Her cut it.