In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Odd facts:

Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Every minute, ten hours of video gets posted on YouTube.

Comments

• 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It takes a big dog to weigh a ton.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every minute, I loose 3 brain cells.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    you have to have them to lose them.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is one you will like......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UfkxpEqzBY
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population [^]
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can't lick your own elbow.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who all just tried to lick their elbow?
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Who all just tried to lick their elbow?
    [:(][:(][:(]
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    everytime you get five minutes alone with the wife and the kids are out of the house, the inlaws show up[:(!]
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    7 out of 5 people have substandard math skills[:D]
  • BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

It's only the fat, lazy and dumb cells, though
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Women are involved in 50% of all divorces.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have a microwave with a turntable and you've ever been annoyed when reheating items, such as a cup of coffee, and the handle never returns to the same position; if you don't want to turn the turntable off each time this might help you. Generally, turntables in microwave ovens so equipped turn at 6 rpm, the same rate of rotation as most search radar antennas. Therefore, in order to have the handle of an object placed in the microwave for heating conveniently return to the same position as it was when placed in the oven, set the cook time to multiples of 10 seconds (10, 20, 30, 40, etc.) since a 6 rpm motor makes one complete revolution every 10 seconds. Your microwave may vary. [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    545 people control the U.S.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    Marriage is the #1 cause of divorce in the world.
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    Everyone has a *.[:0]
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A trillion is 5 times the estimated total number of human beings ever born (c.1980). By now it may only be 4x. Still a mind boggling number.
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7
    It takes a big dog to weigh a ton.

It takes an even biger dog to * a ton.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

[:D][:D][:D]
    Cliff Clavin (John Ratzenberger) explains the "buffalo theory" to his drinking buddy Norm (George Wendt):

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But, naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    10% of deer hunters harvest 90% of the deer harvested.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The bolt of an ak-47 viberates an average of 15 times left to right when the bolt carrier hits the back of the receiver at the peak of rearword motion. this is why AKMS arent very accurate, in my opinion, reciever flex and all that viberation.

n
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    The bolt of an ak-47 viberates an average of 15 times left to right when the bolt carrier hits the back of the receiver at the peak of rearword motion. this is why AKMS arent very accurate, in my opinion, reciever flex and all that viberation.

n

SOme people post things in forums just to provoke a fight [:D]
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF

[:D][:D][:D]
    Cliff Clavin (John Ratzenberger) explains the "buffalo theory" to his drinking buddy Norm (George Wendt):

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But, naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

I like this. I like Cliff. Hell, I might even like you.
    edited November -1
    You dont see this as much with galils becase the gas piston isnt a part of the bolt carrier.

Milled reciever AKs are thicker walled reduceing flex. most people will tell you they are more accurate.
  • wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    If you have a microwave with a turntable and you've ever been annoyed when reheating items, such as a cup of coffee, and the handle never returns to the same position; if you don't want to turn the turntable off each time this might help you. Generally, turntables in microwave ovens so equipped turn at 6 rpm, the same rate of rotation as most search radar antennas. Therefore, in order to have the handle of an object placed in the microwave for heating conveniently return to the same position as it was when placed in the oven, set the cook time to multiples of 10 seconds (10, 20, 30, 40, etc.) since a 6 rpm motor makes one complete revolution every 10 seconds. Your microwave may vary. [:D]

got alot of time on your hands, dont ya?[;)][:D]
    edited November -1
    You dont see this as much with galils becase the gas piston isnt a part of the bolt carrier.

Milled reciever AKs are thicker walled reduceing flex. most people will tell you they are more accurate.

People will post more then one controversial post just to agitate people who own AK-47's.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wlfmn323
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    If you have a microwave with a turntable and you've ever been annoyed when reheating items, such as a cup of coffee, and the handle never returns to the same position; if you don't want to turn the turntable off each time this might help you. Generally, turntables in microwave ovens so equipped turn at 6 rpm, the same rate of rotation as most search radar antennas. Therefore, in order to have the handle of an object placed in the microwave for heating conveniently return to the same position as it was when placed in the oven, set the cook time to multiples of 10 seconds (10, 20, 30, 40, etc.) since a 6 rpm motor makes one complete revolution every 10 seconds. Your microwave may vary. [:D]got alot of time on your hands, dont ya?[;)][:D]Nah; engineers retire, but they're still engineers! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    100% of all clones are born without bellybuttons.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

People will post more then one controversial postfact just to agitate people who own AK-47's.

[:)]
  • tpacuriositytpacuriosity Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing is as it appears, nor is it otherwise
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,245 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7
    You can't lick your own elbow.

I can lick my eye brows. How do you think I get younger woman [:D][:D]
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The most lightning on earth happens in the Congo.

Crater Lake, a volcanic crater in southern Oregon, is the deepest lake in the United States. It's measured depth is 1932 feet (589 meters).
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Eleanor Roosevelt carried a revolver.
  • MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by searcher5

Not true anymore....

Ron
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,245 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marner

Not true anymore....

Ron

I would say that woman are involved in at least 90% of all divorces, if not more
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    For every 2 nose hairs you pluck, exactly 3 new ones grow on each eyebrow and in each ear[V]
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

Not true anymore....

Ron

I would say that woman are involved in at least 90% of all divorces, if not more

99% and welcome back Remmy
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    True fact: Tablecloths were originally meant to be used as towels for guests to wipe their face and hands during a meal.

Rednecks are thought to be the only humans to carry out this practice.
  • MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
    edited November -1
    Only one in a thousand can wiggle their ears....humans that is [:D]

Can anyone here wiggle their ears? Apparently it's hereditary ??

Ron
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1

Only one in a thousand can wiggle their ears....humans that is [:D]

Can anyone here wiggle their ears? Apparently it's hereditary ??

Ron

Yep I can wiggle my ears. I had a girlfriend in JR. High that could and I couldn't. So when I was about 12 I stood in front of a mirror one night until I could. After about an hour I found the muscle that moves them. I can also move my scalp.

I wasn't going to let a girl out do me.[:D]