In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Arrested for wheel lock 'gun'

crisisbillcrisisbill Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    happens all the time here.

there was a high profile case a few months or so ago where a woman was dragged from her car in a supermarket car park and had a gun shoved up her nose and was cuffed because some member of the public phoned 000...like your 911...and said there was someone driving in a car with a gun and was pointing it at people...turns out her kid had a water pistol...it was confiscated by the cops, and the woman...and her kid got a lecture.

it was a serious situation, but i laughed my * off when it was on the news here[:D][:D][:D]...there are illegal biker gangs here who go armed to the teeth in public, and the cops do nothing...there are illegal asian gangs here who go armed to the teerth in public and kill innocent people, but the cops do nothing...but a kid waving a water pistol is deemed to be a serious threat to public safety????[:D][:D]

the only ones in this country who don`t have the right to be armed are innocent law abading citizens who just want to be left in peace...everyone else just ignores the law and gets away with it![:(!]
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stuff like this coming to country near you, no not near, you're in the USA where this is going to happen,
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stupid cops don't know a steering wheel lock from a gun.
    They ought to watch some reruns of Bonanza, they can learn what a gun looks like.
    Sorry b******* didn't even apologize, they had their moronic story, and they were sticking to it.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    I thought it looked like a gun too.[;)]
    wonder if the officer was a rookie, or just plain stupid?!
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "I was absolutely gobsmacked. I said 'are you serious? All that for a steering lock?'," he said.

There's nothing more dangerous than a gobsmacked Aussie! [:D]
  • trc313trc313 Member Posts: 3,475
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly
    happens all the time here.

there was a high profile case a few months or so ago where a woman was dragged from her car in a supermarket car park and had a gun shoved up her nose and was cuffed because some member of the public phoned 000...like your 911...and said there was someone driving in a car with a gun and was pointing it at people...turns out her kid had a water pistol...it was confiscated by the cops, and the woman...and her kid got a lecture.

it was a serious situation, but i laughed my * off when it was on the news here[:D][:D][:D]...there are illegal biker gangs here who go armed to the teeth in public, and the cops do nothing...there are illegal asian gangs here who go armed to the teerth in public and kill innocent people, but the cops do nothing...but a kid waving a water pistol is deemed to be a serious threat to public safety????[:D][:D]

the only ones in this country who don`t have the right to be armed are innocent law abading citizens who just want to be left in peace...everyone else just ignores the law and gets away with it![:(!]

They are just following "orders"!! It's easy to prey I mean pick on a little kid. You think they want to start problems with an asian, or biker gang?? The end result might be a little different!!
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a moron of an Aussie cop needs to have a class in gun identification.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    quote:"As the officer walked away he said 'get a new steering wheel lock, it looks like a bloody gun'," he said.

Lets see here. They get him out of the car, then search the car, see an object they "THINK" might be a gun and don't actually pick it up to confirm. Sounds like somebody needs to repeat officer training.[B)]

Of course in his defense, these days when guns are hard to come by (Australia in this case) no one is quite sure what they look like anymore.[;)]
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:person suspected of being involved in illegal activities until the necessary inquiries are made to ascertain the situation and ensure the safety of the community and police....AKA we bleened up and have no explanation for being total douches
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    31X9TdKgYrL_SS500_.jpg
    Steering Wheel Lock

ak47.jpg
    Gun

Now I see how the Australian police made their mistake.
    Even using a 4-power magnifying glass, I cannot tell any difference between a gun and a steering wheel lock.
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    too funny! Beach
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Detained and arrested are two different things. Arrested would be put in the car, processed, jailed.
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    The reason Asian gangs and biker gangs aren't busted for carrying guns is that the LEOs think they've got steering wheel locks.

DUH.