In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Art Bell Was on Tonight

allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,260 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
This is the first time I have heard him, live, in years.
Apparently he does two New Year's shows, on the 30th and 31st, every year.
I used to listen to his show all the time. Here in the east it is on from midnight to 5am. I would catch an hour or two of it, and then fall asleep. Sometimes, I would set my cassette deck, and record the last 90 minutes of the show, and listen to it the next day driving to work.
Art Bell is one of the best talk show hosts I have ever heard. He has a great voice. He is a very good interviewer. I loved those spooky shows, of course I knew that a lot of what was on was bs.
His replacement George Noori is a goofus for an interviewer, he needs to learn to shut up and let the guest talk!

I love Art Bell's sign-off, "From the Kingdom of Nye, somewhere in the desert..." while Crystal Gayle sings "Midnight in the desert."

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Back when I was still driving truck I listened to Art about every night.

You are right about his interview stature! He does an excelent job.

And whether you believe in his topics or not he will make you think about the possibilities of if it was real.
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love Art Bell. Sometimes it's nice to hear about the other things that happen in the universe!

Got Guns?
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by *_r_done
    Back when I was still driving truck I listened to Art about every night.

You are right about his interview stature! He does an excelent job.

And whether you believe in his topics or not he will make you think about the possibilities of if it was real.
    How do you listen to yourself live?