In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Ban question

clinteasterlingclinteasterling Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Wow I watched one to the links that someone posted and saw this vid http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4684540. I guess my question is this, what kind of pistol are they shooting? I do not know of any pistol that will go throught a bullet proof vest, what kind of bullets were they shooting? Black Tallons or something?

Also, I read on a blog site we are supposed to declare our weapon on this yrs tax form. Has anyone read anything about that? Gotta love the Big O and his admin [xx(]

Comments

• Options
    countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    OK first and formost, the tax declare thing is bogus and not happening.

Second, I couldn't get the link to work so I have no idea about the pistol. Black Talons were never able to penetrate a vest but would do significant damage and create a major wound channel when plan ole flesh is involved. The only reason they aren't around right now is the negative sounding name of " Black Talon"...oh they are evil [;)]
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no such thing as "bullet PROOF". Term is bullet resistant.

Can't get yer video link to work, but standard handgun ammo will not penetrate a vest THAT IS RATED FOR THAT AMMO. Maybe a piece on the FN 5.7mm pistol? Has been illegal to make or import armor piercing PISTOL ammo without special permits for several years. Of course, they cannot be bothered to report small details like that- or that standard RIFLE HUNTING ammo will punch thru MOST soft body armor.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    7.62x25 tokarev round will defeat a vest
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Any .380 will penetrate a vest. Used to do it with my Lorcin all the time. Ain't no big deal.