In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mecum Auto Auctions

Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Anyone else watch this or other classic auto auctions on the boob tube?
My favorites on the block are '69 Mustangs, '69 Camaros and '67 Firebirds.
How's 'bout you?

Comments

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Same favorites.

I also like the occasional oddball car.

Doug
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LS-6 Convertible was sweet. RamIII 69 Trans Am was really rare. Owner had it 36 Yr. That had to be a hard sell. Some very nice cars. Pro team corvette should leave their high dollar cars in Ohio.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Bruce Beach had a 69 Ram Air lll. His was a Formula 400. Bought it new from Ray Wates Pontiac in Charleston. Had a 3.90 sure grip/Turbo400. Could'nt stay w/my old 350/327 Chevyll tho[:D]
  • Jeepgod2002Jeepgod2002 Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a fan of the Mecum show. Even went to one of their auctions when one was nearby and had a great time.
  • MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have watched several times, then realized it was a re-run tape, same auction on TV for 4 months.
  • garanchgaranch Member Posts: 3,681
    edited November -1
    I watched the Barrett/Jackson auction one day. I could not believe how high the cars were selling for. And I cannot imagine having that much money to be able to go to an auction and lay down a couple hundred thousand dollars for a car. And some bidders were buying more than one lot.