In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

223 Industrial Loading Machine

SuaspontaSuasponta Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Has any one seen this listing. 223 Industrial Loading Machine "AMMO LOAD" Item # 129051222

Does anyone know of the federal stipulations regarding the manufacturing of ammo and is the cost and hassle worth it? Do you think this would be a bad investment?

Comments

• garanchgaranch Member Posts: 3,681
    edited November -1
    An auction of that magnitude without a single photo. No thank you.
    I would not even consider it.

If I was going to post a 40,000 dollar auction I think I could come up with more than a 6 sentence description and could learn how to take and post photos.
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    I pretty much always pass on auctions without photos. It would be like buying a car in the classified section without being able to look at it- not a good idea. Cameras are pretty dang cheap nowadays.
  • SuaspontaSuasponta Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I agree about the non-photo issue but, let's just say it's legitimate. Good or bad investment? in your opinions. Anyone know the law when it comes to mass ammo production? I would image there has got to be some serious federal hoops to jump through.
  • garanchgaranch Member Posts: 3,681
    edited November -1
    Not too sure about all of the legalities but I do know that you have to be licensed. Another factor to consider is the liabilty insurance that you would have to carry. Check into the cost of the insurance and you may find that it will be outrageous in cost.