In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

G42 vs G43

MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
OK Glockophobians, stay home on this one....[:D]

G42's have dropped in price to high $3's. G43's are $5+.

The G42 has me pretty tempted at that price..

Who has actually shot both????

Impressions?

AND, is the .380 that bad that I should just go with the 9????

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    I'm not a Glock hater- I have no opinion of them; but then I don't even know what a G42 or 43 are; so I guess I'm even in that regard. As for a 380 vs a 9mm; for defensive use neither is going to stop someone that is charging you (where the other one would). the mini 9mm have considerable movement with their recoil; so left up to me, I'd get a 380 for the guns held with three fingers, an save the 9mms for those with enough grip for four fingers.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wait a month or 3 and the 9mm will cost as much as the 380.

is a 380 that bad? ask 10 people get 10 different answers! whichever u are more comfortable with.

I haven't shot either one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    eh, a 27 in .40 is 3 fingers, and the recoil is manageable.

when you get down to .380/9mm it's all about shot placement. you can drop a 350 lb linebacker with a .22 if you hit the right spot. if you can.

Glock-42-Vector.jpg

G43 is a little bigger. I think same as a G26 but single stack.
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a G42 (NIB) on the auction side about 3 months ago for $319.00. It was between the G42 and G43; but, as you said, the G43 is selling for about $500.00. Because of it's light weight and due to the fact I have small hands, the G42 is my full-time carry.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When someone is trying to kill you recoil will be the last thing you'll be worried about. You'll wish that little handgun was chambered for the 50BMG if it ever happens.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    I'm not the slightest bit worried about recoil, I have a vise on the end of each arm. I want something that I can stick in my pocket for walking around in stores and such.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,116 ******
    edited November -1
    I like that size chart,,[8D][8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    When someone is trying to kill you recoil will be the last thing you'll be worried about. You'll wish that little handgun was chambered for the 50BMG if it ever happens.
    I'm with you 100% on that one. you probably won't even remember you had recoil let alone feel it. but you need to be able to control the muzzle. too much flip during rapid shooting and your shots go all over the place, wasted. I don't have a problem with recoil (watch your grip or shoot slower) but some do.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    My buddy and I stopped by Cabalas in Lehi, UT on our way back from WY. As CA residents we will not get the G43, but he is a huge Glock fan and carries a G26 everyday so he really wanted to get his hands on one. As we drove away he commented that the G43 felt like a cheep copy of a real Glock, do to that he'll be happy to stick with his G26.