In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Metallica, King Crimson fans....

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
I've discovered this band called Opeth. Most of their stuff is very hard rock/metal. This song is pretty mellow but really cranks about 2/3 the way through. It's really good. I thought someone here might enjoy it. The sound quality leaves a little to be desired, but here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5srcU2iYDXw
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    I have totally fallen in love with their musical style, death metal hard one second and classical melody the next. Plus their workings with using the gutteral sounds of the human voice as another instrament is absolutly brillent. Another great band in the same light would be Gojira. Both are well worth a listen to any person who understands passion in music.

Cubs, I thought you were more into the blues, not hardcore[;)]
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have probably the most eccentric collection of music.

From TBone Walker and Otis Rush to Kenny Wayne Shepard, Walter Trout, and Joe Bonamassa

From Tool, A perfect Circle, Disturbed, to Porcupine Tree, Pineapple Theif, and Lacuna Coil, etc.

I have all kinds. Each fits a different mood.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    We sound more and more alike.....

One moment I'll be listening to old school Napalm Death and then I'll change the station because the show tunes station is playing "Fiddler on the Roof". Give me anything from the classics of Wagner and Devorak, to jazz greats like Coltrain and the Duke, to the modern hard core viking metal of Amon Armoth. That list will include show tunes and opera right along with classic rock and church hyms. I listen to everything except hardcore rap and the current excuse that is known as modern country, but give me Charlie Daniels or Hank Jr. any day.