In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Law-enforcement encouraging this

Comments

• Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way ahead of them. My cop friend who lives a couple miles away has his wife trained that if the SHTF while he is on duty, she is to grab their kids and get to my house until he gets home. [:D]

Fort Swede [^]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I encourage people to participate in firearms training and arm themselves. Self defense is an individual's responsibility, if not a duty. A local business opened recently offering firearms simulator training to the public. Excellent concept.
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    +1quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I encourage people to participate in firearms training and arm themselves. Self defense is an individual's responsibility, if not a duty. A local business opened recently offering firearms simulator training to the public. Excellent concept.
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was sorely criticized for telling people to defend themselves. I would tell them to dial 911 and get the police on the way but not to get hurt waiting on me. I have loaded fresh ammo in little old lady's handguns or shotguns and given a short lesson on making up their minds just how close they were willing to let an intruder get before they took action. I told em a good rule of thumb was a closed and/or locked bedroom door. Break the door down or come into the room where their back is against the wall and let em have it. All the while 911 is recording the whole audio. I also recommended the shotgun and lawn chair method of protecting personal property.
  • Options
    375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is the " shotgun and lawn chair method of protecting personal property " ?
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You take your lawn chair out to your drive-way or wherever, sit down in it with your shotgun across your lap and wait. I told em not to be surprised if they didn't have to kill somebody to prove they were serious. You'd be surprised how many business/homeowners told me that it wasn't their responsibility to guard their personal property.