In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Card Services scam again

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Were on the do not call list and we keep getting these calls((((((((((( and now it comes up on caller ID our name and number. [xx(][V][:(]))))))))))))))))))))

Comments

• Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So block that number. Most caller IDs will do this.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats happened to me too, my name appeared MY caller id & on my neighbors phones also (small town), they'd pick up thinking it was a me calling but it was Card Services [:(!]. Neighbors would call me thinking I was behind this crap, I had to explain that I was getting calls from myself too [:0]. Not sure how they can "high-jack" someones phone but they can, which pisses me off [:(!]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "Do Not Call" list isn't working. What we need is legislation that will make the phone companies -- who are providing these goons with the lines they use to harass us -- be held responsible if the actual party violating the Do Not Call list "hides" their identity.

The spoofing of numbers -- and the violations of the Do Not Call list -- will stop really quickly if the phone companies are made to pay for allowing the deception taking place on their lines.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm on the do not call list. When my phone rings I either walk over to the phone or pick it up and look at the number calling. If I don't recognize it I just don't answer it plain and simple. They are always out of state calls any way. Just don't answer it.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is called "Spoofing." The feds take that VERY seriously, unlike most other telecomm scams.....

Merc

quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    Thats happened to me too, my name appeared MY caller id & on my neighbors phones also (small town), they'd pick up thinking it was a me calling but it was Card Services [:(!]. Neighbors would call me thinking I was behind this crap, I had to explain that I was getting calls from myself too [:0]. Not sure how they can "high-jack" someones phone but they can, which pisses me off [:(!]