In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Think about it.

FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Their was this guy in church who claimed that He could talk to God and God would answer him. And so he kept talking about it, until one day the pastor of the church came up to him and ask him...
"You can talk to God?"
the man replied,
"I sure can"
"If you really can then ask God what the sin I commited was"
So the man left and 5 mins later he came back and said to the pastor..
"I just asked God your question"
the pastor asked
"What did He say?"
"He forgot"

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country." -- Mayor Marion Barry

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." -- Albert Einstein

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Oprah had one of the most popular TV programs in history. And her ratings plummeted after she had Obama on and supported him. And she went off the air.
    Liberals hate Chick-fil-a and won't eat there. Hasn't hurt them at all.
    This should tell us that there are far more conservative leaning American's than Liberals. And yet Obama got re-elected. Doesn't make sense does it?
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too many whites didnt think obummerarang would have a chance. The catholics and the mormons stayed home on election night.

I am sure you have seen the charts that show the 19 counties that put him in office.

What can you do when the working class stayed home to watch a landslide victory go the other way?
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you pander to a crowd that of the receiver class at the expense of the contributing class, advertisers may re-think where they put their money.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The real problem is the majority of the American population has become brain dead idiots. They know nothing of the Constitution, nor do they care. Food to stuff their fat faces with,......smart phones to play with all day, and a big flat screen to watch all the stupid mind numbing crap that qualifies for TV these days. Gimme my benefits, and food stamps too.

Hell, 58% of citizens want to give the illegals a path to citizenship according to a Fox News poll which I would assume is largely made up of Conservative responses. In this whole debacle I have heard 'humanitarian tragedy', and 'we are a compassionate nation' until I want to puke.

Guess what dumb *,.....your compassion is killing us all!![}:)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Never watched it, not even once. But hey, the woman is a billionaire and retired from her big show after 25 successful seasons. But people want to pretend "Obama Did It"?

Kind of reminds me of "It's Bush's Fault".
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How is it one can be so good, popular and wealthy and not make a go on her own network?

I dont think tom cruise did her any favors making her show look like a morton downy jr rerun
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,140 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Social expriment that went reality show bad.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think it's because the election was rigged.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably for the same reason there are no successful liberal talk show hosts. What worked as little as 10 years ago doesn't work today any more.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    Never watched it, not even once. But hey, the woman is a billionaire and retired from her big show after 25 successful seasons. But people want to pretend "Obama Did It"?

She worked her * off (figuratively speaking) and succeeded where most do not. For that she deserves respect. Her political statements, IMO, hurt her among some viewers, and her whining about being racially profiled did not do her any good either. Her little quip about racists needing to 'die out', and her statement that Obama is being denigrated because of his race are also off-putting.

She needed to hold a white audience to be profitable. Much of what she did and said towards the end tended to alienate that audience.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe

Wikipedia says it's Obamas fault.

After endorsing Obama, however, Oprah's ratings fell 7%
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oprah_Winfrey's_endorsement_of_Barack_Obama
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now the worst lady doesn't want Oprah anywhere near Obama hahahaha[:0]