In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mother disputes laser charge

EMCSEMCS Member Posts: 4,063
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Mother disputes laser charge
Written by Dave Ress
FISHERSVILLE - The mother of a young man accused of pointing a laser beam at a county deputy said she believes the deputy overreacted by charging him with an offense.

"He is going into the Air Force, how do you think this makes him feel?" said Karen Miller, identifying herself as the mother of Corey Miller, 18, who was arrested Thursday and charged with pointing a laser beam at a law enforcement officer.

She said she did believe he was not guilty of any offense.

"I think he was just playing with the laser in the car," she said. "I don't think he intentionally did it."

She said the deputy was aggressive in pursuing the car, and didn't want to see evidence of her son's planned enlistment. She said her son had never been in trouble.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

http://tiny.cc/bu4wjw

Comments

• Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    The kid's 18. He doesn't need his mommy explaining his actions for him.
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    I don't think I know what a 'planned enlistment' has to do with the conduct.

Generally, pointing a laser at anyone is inadvisable because of the risk of retinal damage if it is directed in their eyes.

I also believe that pointing a laser at an aircraft is illegal for that reason (the risk of damaging the pilot's vision). Maybe the guy plans on having a field day in the Air Force, with all of those F-16's on takeoff runs [:0].
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by machine gun moran
    I don't think I know what a 'planned enlistment' has to do with the conduct.

Generally, pointing a laser at anyone is inadvisable because of the risk of retinal damage if it is directed in their eyes.

I also believe that pointing a laser at an aircraft is illegal for that reason (the risk of damaging the pilot's vision). Maybe the guy plans on having a field day in the Air Force, with all of those F-16's on takeoff runs [:0].

Oh it sure is big time.[;)]
  • Options
    Leeroy JenkinsLeeroy Jenkins Member Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by River Rat
    The kid's 18. He doesn't need his mommy explaining his actions for him.

We get this 80% of the time. Mommy and/or daddy come rushing to defend their ADULT child.
  • Options
    swopjanswopjan Member Posts: 3,292
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by emcs.security
    "He is going into the Air Force, how do you think this makes him feel?" said Karen Miller, identifying herself as the mother of Corey Miller, 18.

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh Air Force, this is why the other services think you're silly [:D]
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another reason you shouldn't point a laser at somebody is it might be mistaken for a gun sight and you receive return fire.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    I see "men" in their 30s calling Mommy when they get arrested, and all too often, I see Mommy coming to the rescue.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time for them to get off moms t-t and became a adult and yes they will make mistakes but that's life