In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

10mm or not to 10mm?

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
That is the question.[:D] I somehow(not sure how) have ended up with 2 boxes of 10mm ammo. Funny thing is, I have never owned a 10mm. Only thing I can think of, is that I bought it with the intentions of getting a 10mm once. Always kind of wanted one because of it's hunting capabilities in a semi-auto, but have never found one in my price range. So, do I list the 10mm ammo on here with all the other stuff I am going to list in the next couple of weeks, or do I find me a 10mm?

Jon

Comments

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in a similar boat as you are. I have a box of .32/20 yet own no firearm chambered in that round. So I am bidding on an old S&W Hand Ejector so that I may rectify the situation[:D]
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a great reason to buy a pistol!!
  • xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    or do what i did and buy a glock 20c...[:)]
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And after you shoot your two boxes where will you get 10mm and what will you pay for it?
    I would sell the 10mm and buy a 40 :)
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy a 10. EAA Witness 10mm would be a good choice, good availability and high cap mag. I'm waiting for an EAA Witness Hunter in 10mm. (backordered)
  • redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimber Target 10mm excellent pistol!!
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    Im so happy to hear that I am not the only one who has done that. I won an auction for a 45-70 rifle online and before the rifle arrived I bought 3 boxes of 45-70 at a gunshow for like 10 bucks a box. the rifle (86 winchester) arrives and it is not in the decscribed condition so I returned it...still had the ammo and I finally picked up a winchester 45-70 last week...first thing I did was go out on my back porch and shoot 5 rounds.
    Ill buyu your 10mm ammo if you offer it for a good price (that would be less than you can get for it in an auction on the other side) I shoot 10mm when I can find the ammo, Our gunshops have NONE
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    oh I like delta elites, they are a bit spendy but they do hold their value and had been going up pretty well until COLT reintroduced the Stainless model. I had a model 20 glock, it sucked even after a trigger job good thing abou it you can shoot them and not harm the value. Glock also makes the model 29, compact in 10mm.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    10mm is a reloaders caliber.

Do you reload?
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on the gun you currently have. Can you buy a replacement barrel to convert to 10mm? That could save you a ton of cash and give you the use of a second caliber?
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't waste my time with a 10mm. I've invested in .357 Sig.
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    funny i have a eaa 10mm compact listed just not here
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Do you reload? Yes then get one. No, Then start.
  • chiligunguychiligunguy Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a glock 20 loved it. But someone made me a deal I coulndt refuse. I have some 10mm ammo too, I just hold on to it in case I find something later. I have several calibers that I dont have a gun to match, but maybe Ill get a deal later.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    And for about $250 you can conver it to 9mm, 38 super, 40 s&w, 45acp or 22lr...

quote:Originally posted by 44caliberkid
    Buy a 10. EAA Witness 10mm would be a good choice, good availability and high cap mag. I'm waiting for an EAA Witness Hunter in 10mm. (backordered)
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chrishiher
    Do you reload? Yes then get one. No, Then start.

Good point. Tip buy the reloading gear 1st. Then later on buy the 10mm pistol.

Had a Witness 10mm, with the goal of reloading. Sold it last time I was laid off.

4 years later, I started reloading.

Still have 300 some pcs of brass that I'm hanging on to. May get another 10mm. The next one will be a Glock or a 1911. The steel framed Witness weighs a ton.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your going for the 10mm you had better reload your own, most 10mm factory is loaded down to just above a 40 but twice the price. Most don't like the recoil of the full loaded 10mm I love mine but due to ammo cost I don't shoot it much,[;)]