In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

two new .22's

DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
edited September 2006 in General Discussion
We got some 22's that i felt like showin ya guys. One in a marlin 39a 22 s,l,lr. The other is a glenfield 60 22lr. We payed $250 for the 39a and $50 for the glenfield. Sound like a fair price?

DSC03863.jpg
DSC03864.jpg
DSC03866.jpg
DSC03867.jpg
DSC03869.jpg
DSC03872.jpg
DSC03873.jpg
DSC03874.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Prices sound fair to me. I read a few years back that there were Marlin Mdl 60 and variations/trade names made in the millions. Not hearing anything bad about them, I'd guess that to have that many in use, they must be at least fairly reliable. The Marlin 39 was my dream rifle when I was about 12. a few years back I got a variation of it, an 1897T. I'm quite pleased with it, even though, officially it is my wife's.
  • Options
    davhutdavhut Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good prices for both. The 39 is a tad high, IMHO, but it looks to be in great shape.

The Glenfields were, as most know, just the "house brand" guns made by Marlin for any number of retail sellers. Some names that sold such guns were Montgomery Wards, Sears, Western Auto etc. and THESE guys had their own names for the same guns, too!
    They were usually plain jane versions without fancy woods, but in every other way just as good as the "name" brand model.

I got a Glenfield .30-30 recently for $165 - a plain vanilla 336 that is just as nice as you please.

Way to go.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good price for the 39. I see them over $350 and selling.
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    The 60 will never let you down, Marlin makes a great semi-auto .22LR.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
  • Options
    PieceofpaperPieceofpaper Member Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Nice wood.

Thats what Blckhorn said.