In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I hate to do it

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I went out to wash my bike up so I could get some riding in before My surgery, My leg won't bend into that MFAP position required to ride this rice rocket. so, I think I am going to sell it. I won't be able to ride all summer for sure and If I wait till later in the year, It will never sell.
I love my bike but its dumb to leave 5 grand laying around rotting.
What do you think?
Maybe I can trade it for a 4 wheeler, then I could use it for bird hunting (especially getting to the tops for chukkar) I hate being handicapped in any way

Comments

• Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could sell it now, and in a year or twos time the bike will be cheaper... Get something that will help you mobility wise while youre hurt.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got rid of my Ricerocket. Head position was causeing one hell of a muscle strain right between my shoulders. Felt like a knife being twisted. Got the Harley now I ride upright and the pain is gone and I can ride.

It was also getting kind of hard to get my legs bent and on the pegs. Loved the power, acceleration was great but if you do not feel comforable you ride less and less.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dnelson457
    Got rid of my Ricerocket. Head position was causeing one hell of a muscle strain right between my shoulders. Felt like a knife being twisted. Got the Harley now I ride upright and the pain is gone and I can ride.

It was also getting kind of hard to get my legs bent and on the pegs. Loved the power, acceleration was great but if you do not feel comforable you ride less and less.

thats where Im at. I have had a harley though and I gotta tell you, it wasn't the lack of power that bothered me most, it was how difficult it is to make those things turn and stop. I had a springer softail.. I tried an Fl last summer. it had good power and was excellent on the highway but had the same issues in cornering. I was scraping the foot boards on every corner.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There comes a time, when you get rid of certain things.
    Sounds like it is time for the bike to go. [:(]
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I bought a Sportster once, 'cause I couldn't believe that Harleys were as bad as I was pretty sure they were.

They are.

Doug
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    The old Sportsters ride like a conestoga wagon,you need a Glide.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a Ski-Doo Spyder. It's even got reverse!

NV51105_4.jpg
  • bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:The old Sportsters ride like a conestoga wagon

Soopershot, I'm just wondering if you're speaking from personal experience about the wagons? [:I][;)][:)][:0]

Big Al (sorry, sorry, I just couldn't pass that one up! [:0][:)][;)] )
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    I ain`t quite that old,just what I heard.[:)]. I do like the Spider,but I hear they make your hands go numb at highway speeds. My sportster did that too.
    Forget the Sportster,the Spider and the Conestoga wagon,just get a horse. [:D]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would look like a circus clown riding a mini bike in a parade on a sportster
  • bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    by Soopershot:quote:Forget the Sportster,the Spider and the Conestoga wagon,just get a horse.

My wife would echo that sentiment about getting a horse! What is it about women/girls and horses? [;)]

While I like horses just fine, any horse that sees/feels me getting in the saddle is just going to groan! [:0][;)][:I]

Big Al (I'd be more likely to echo 1911a1fan's statement and so would the horse, I think! [;)] )
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    i would look like a circus clown riding a mini bike in a parade on a sportster

you two. I'm 6'4 260 pounds. I'm looking into getting a older goldwing this or next summer. wish i could get a newer one but those are a expensive toy.