In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

got me a 300 win mag

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,186 ******
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
picked up a Remington 710 ,300 win mag for 200 bucks. Scrubbed 'er, over coated blueing on barrel and bolt. Checked serial number with Rem. It's NOT recalled for the safety spring issue they had. Was made in 2005. Whined to Rem. about the original grey stock, tyhey are sending me a new black stock (770 model), FREE. Now to get pictures in this computer, hmmm

Comments

• hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    man i love the 300 win mag. Here is a pick of mine.

DSCF2263.jpg
    DSCF2265.jpg
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    do you like the AXIOM
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootlow
    do you like the AXIOM

God i love this stock. between the stock and the threaded break this 300 win mag kicks about the same as a 223.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    picked up a Remington 710 ,300 win mag for 200 bucks. Scrubbed 'er, over coated blueing on barrel and bolt. Checked serial number with Rem. It's NOT recalled for the safety spring issue they had. Was made in 2005. Whined to Rem. about the original grey stock, tyhey are sending me a new black stock (770 model), FREE. Now to get pictures in this computer, hmmm

Now do your shoulder a favor and get a Limbsaver. Trust me. They work.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:man i love the 300 win mag. Here is a pick of mine.

That is sweet!!

Montanajoe, Im glad Remington is replacing your stock.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    hk- That thing is Youglee
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,186 ******
    edited November -1
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hk-91,

Thats a neat little setup, I just cant imagine it in a scabbard on a horse at the top of a snowy mountain.

Target guns are fun but a waste of money for me.

Cool gun, have fun!
  • 101stguy101stguy Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on acquiring the single greatest, all around hunting rifle you'll ever own! I have an older 300 win mag in model 70 and love it. Yeah, it's more than you need for deer sized game, however for elk I wouldn't trade it for anything. It kicks like a mule, but the Decelerator recoil pad and a large bull in the crosshairs, and you don't feel a thing. FYI; if you don't already have a load worked up for this try the 180gr protected point partition made by Nosler. These are designed especially for the win mags notorious shorter oal bullet length requirement. Good Shooting!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 101stguy
    Congratulations on acquiring the single greatest, all around hunting rifle you'll ever own! I have an older 300 win mag in model 70 and love it. Yeah, it's more than you need for deer sized game, however for elk I wouldn't trade it for anything. It kicks like a mule, but the Decelerator recoil pad and a large bull in the crosshairs, and you don't feel a thing. FYI; if you don't already have a load worked up for this try the 180gr protected point partition made by Nosler. These are designed especially for the win mags notorious shorter oal bullet length requirement. Good Shooting!

+100 180gr protected point partition made by Nosler
  • 101stguy101stguy Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7
    quote:Originally posted by 101stguy

+100 180gr protected point partition made by Nosler
    +100 ? Forgive me, I'm former 11b, and kinda slow, what is +100?
    edited November -1
    i agree 100% is what it means.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7
    hk-91,

Thats a neat little setup, I just cant imagine it in a scabbard on a horse at the top of a snowy mountain.

Target guns are fun but a waste of money for me.

Cool gun, have fun!

Ya maybe but i bet this one ways alot less then yours and kicks alot less also. With this set up this kicks less then a 223 and is so light you can hold it out with on hand. With shooting off a horse you might want to rethink this setup. BTW i traded for this for a target gun but i plan on hunting with it also. I have hunted for the last 8 years with a savage tactical 25-06 heavy barrel and plan of using this for the bigger game this year. but then i'm in north dakota and you can see for miles and miles away in this flat land up here
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nighthawk
    quote:man i love the 300 win mag. Here is a pick of mine.

That is sweet!!

Montanajoe, Im glad Remington is replacing your stock.

I use to be a big savage fan but after calling up remington for a guy at work about a gun he bought at a rummage sale and it wouldnt work right and they said just send it in and basicly rebuilt 50% of the gun for 70.00 plus shipping I'm leaning more toward them. I guess i havent delt with savage customer service yet but i now remington is awsom ( spelling been drinking tonight.)