In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

aramisviaramisvi Member Posts: 4,589
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Who here uses it besides me?

Anyone that wants my Skype name, feel free to ask me for it via email.

Comments

• aramisviaramisvi Member Posts: 4,589
    edited November -1
    Is anybody's Skype acting up??
    edited November -1
    anyone on here use it?
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    use it all the time to see family in slovakia. they have a pc i have a mac. works really good cool audio good video and you can also send data and chat.
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have it and use it to call to Bulgaria and Japan. The audio works fine (audio quality has been improved quite a bit over the past couple of years) but the video is a bit dodgy at times.
    edited November -1
    i just got it... it's so easy to use too.

i just wondered if anyone here used it too. it'd be cool to talk sometime
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aramisvi
    i just got it... it's so easy to use too.

i just wondered if anyone here used it too. it'd be cool to talk sometime

just make sure to cut off your mic and ccd after every use!
  • MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been using it for years!! Owned by Fleabay [:D]
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aramisvi
    anyone on here use it?

NO. If u do, you will have a PC full of viruses, so fast, your head'll spin!!
    GOOD LUCK!!
    edited November -1
    storm:

oh yeah.. i make sure to turn off everything when i'm done....otherwise i get a loud whine

fishkiller: my computer probs started way before i got skype...
  • helicopter_pilothelicopter_pilot Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    NO. If u do, you will have a PC full of viruses, so fast, your head'll spin!!
    GOOD LUCK!!

A friend of mine uses it, and has had no problems with viruses. But he's diligent about protecting his computer. Anyone who gets a virus from Skype is not taking enough protective measures in general.

(I don't use Skype, and I'm on a Mac anyway.)
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I have it.

Uses it to reach family in Denmark, sweeden, USA, Australia - and talk to friends all over the world.

Works allright for my purpose.
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    i have it..i use it all the time, i refuse to have a land line phone, it`s too damn expensive, just skype and my cell phone,if i want to call someone i use skype, if someone wants to phone me they can call me on my cell phone.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not since the story broke that china had people hqacking it to listen in on American homes.
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thermonuclear
    Not since the story broke that china had people hqacking it to listen in on American homes.

Now I know how all of those Chinese gun dealers are able to under-cut my prices.
    edited November -1
    they can listen in all they want to here..

hear me making jewelry, talking on para-x, typing, and yelling at the cats that the couch ain't no damn sharpening stick
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MFinn
    Been using it for years!! Owned by Fleabay [:D]

Skype may be buying it back from flea bay
  • crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    I have skype and gmail chat and use both. I think gmail video chat is better and more reliable I spoke with a few members some time ago which was nice to put a voice to the screen name.
    edited November -1
    my thoughts exactly crash
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Yep. I use it for both work and non-work.

Started off because a client of mine in Australia wanted to carry on long conversations, but he didn't want to pay for the call. He invited me to look into Skype.

Showed it to the boss who immediately fell in love with it and uses it to speak with a lot of our overseas clients.

It also lets us "see" my wife's family without having to travel to Wisconsin every few months.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use it to call home from Bagdad. 2.1 cents a minute. I love it. There's a delay between what is said and what is heard on the other end, but it's acceptable. Certainly beats AT&T's "rape-you" prices.
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    I use the magic jack. You can use any phone you want. just need high speed internet and they issue you a phone number so people can call you or you can call them. Both mine and my family all live in SD so i set up a phone number around them so they can call us and it wont be long distance for them. we pay 20.00 a year for this. comes with caller id, message box ( dont use it though Have a phone hooked up with ansering maching) and some other stuff.