In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How can I ship ammo???

JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Hey guys, I just started selling ammo on here a few weeks back and I have run into a problem. In the past I had been going to the post office or UPS and telling them it was Ammo, marked my box ORM-D and all that. Everything has been cool until Fri. The guy at the UPS store tells me they arent allowed to ship ammo. This si the SAME store I had shipp my last 3 orders from. What's up? He claims he never shipped any, but i showed him the reciept with his name on it he still claims I never told him nor was it marked ORM-D.

Can I get some help? What is a safe cheap way to ship my ammo???

Thanks

Jason

Comments

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just call the UPS 1-800 # and skip the idiot. You can have your pkgs picked up.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    ditto - no problem with UPS.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hope you don't go back to the post office-it is illegal to ship ammo from there----just go to a Fed ex or UPS main office-not the little shops in the malls(UPS Store-Fedex Kinko's) or do as others have said and have them come pick it up.
  • NEIAPredatorNEIAPredator Member Posts: 1,443
    edited November -1
    UPS store cannot ship any ammo or ORM-D anymore. But now what I do is I set up a UPS.com account and I have them pick it up at my door step. Cost me 3 extra bucks, but that is a small price for the no-hassle way to get it done. UPS stores suck, and that is all there is to it.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thermo- if you MAILED live ammo by US Mail, yes, you did something wrong. You also did something illegal. If no one is knocking on your door, I would make a note to self NOT to do that again. Ship UPS GROUND, amrkings are ORM-D, and Cartidges, small arms. Call for a pickup.

As far as MAILING ammo- from Domestic Mail manual:

c. Small Arms Ammunition. Ammunition is classified as a Division 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, or 1.4 explosive, depending on the degree of hazard. Ammunition that is regulated as a Class 1 explosive and designed to be fired from a pistol, revolver, rifle, or shotgun, as well as associated primers and blank cartridges (including those designed for tools) and propellant powder for use in any firearm, is prohibited from mailing.
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    well just to let you know from now on dont ship ammo for the us postal service. It is illegal and i'm sure they dont care if the post master ok'd it or not. they will charge you and you will probley sit some time in jail.