In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

South Dakota Guys, or others

NEIAPredatorNEIAPredator Member Posts: 1,443
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Hey, Does anyone in SD know what the story is with the Prairie Dog hunting. We have been going and shooting on BLM land for quite a few years. But now on the website it says that BLM is closed until after June 14th. Whats the story here. I was supposed to go this week for a outing, but may have to change my plans.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Mark.

Comments

• agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Don't know but they could be waiting for the next crop to be weened.
  • wbfromsdwbfromsd Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Public land is South Dakota is closed until June 15th. It has been that way for several (about 10) years. No restrictions on private land.
    Have you been shooting prairie dogs early?
  • NEIAPredatorNEIAPredator Member Posts: 1,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wbfromsd
    Public land is South Dakota is closed until June 15th. It has been that way for several (about 10) years. No restrictions on private land.
    Have you been shooting prairie dogs early?

Well mostly we shoot on private land. Not going to incriminate myself or others. I guess I have seen alot of people shooting early then though.
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    there arnt to many farmers that wont let you hunt them if you just ask. Kinda like coyotes no one wantes them but most dont have the time to do anything about it.