In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How much....

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited November 2007 in General Discussion
do you guys pay for car insurance per month?

Since I turned 21 and our insurance company has a new local agent(the old one was apparently screwing me[:(!]) for full coverage I pay $88/month. Still more then I think it should be, but better then it was I guess. Vehicle is a Chevy s-10 Blazer.

Jon

Comments

• Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    I have USAA on my Taurus and F-150, I pay $125 total a month for those with full coverage on the Taurus and liability on the 150. My motorcycle is $145 a year for liability through Progressive.

I call what I have now cheap because while I was in HS and college, my insurance was over $200 a month for just liability on one vehicle.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Allstate

2006 Tiburon
    2007 Honda Shadow
    2007 F150

$175/mo

Full coverage on all, upped premiums, $50 deduct's, no wrecks or tickets on record.

Also have homeowners through them, which gives a discount.

When Tori and I first got married, she drove a 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gs-t Spyder (Turbo/convertable), it was $275/mo for it alone.

You all should check what your rate would be if you lower your deductable. We lowered our Comprehensive to $50 from $500, payment went up $6/month.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best I ever paid was about $55/month for a single economy vehicle. I can't get that rate any more because I'm a bad boy. That was for the minimum amount of insurance required by law.

Check out Amica insurance. They had that low rate and actually went to bat for me when there was an accident in which the fault was contested (it was totally the other guy's fault, and Amica won it for me when I was carrying only the minimum liability insurance required by law). They won't insure you unless you have a very good driving record. But if you do have a good driving record, they're DANGED CHEAP! And good.

Now I pay about $90/month for comprehensive insurance on an economy vehicle through Progressive Insurance. When Amica will take me back again, I'm going!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Truck $42
    Car $42
    Three Vettes Package $80
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    About $450 per year on my Bronco for full coverage.
  • Options
    frog21frog21 Member Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter just started driving.It cost 55 a month to add her and a 97 aspire,no full coverage,alstate.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its about 190 a month for full coverage on a Dodge ram and honda civic. When I was in high school and the ram was worth more, insurance just for it was 150 a month, that was with multiply discounts.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    for full on my 2001 super crew and liability on the car and explorer it comes to 120 every 3 months this is for my and my wife. and were both in are 20's
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2005 F-250 and a 2008 Toyota Camry, full coverage on both $205 per month with State Farm. Motorcycle is $90 per year for liability.
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    I have drive by progressive and on my 99 f-150 i pay 500 every six mo.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets see, one truck is $225 a year, the other is $165 a year.
    225 divided by 12 = $18.75 a month.
    165 divided by 12 = $13.75.

Not sure about the car, it is a "little" more.
    Probably around $25 a month.
    The bike is less than $100 a year.
    Guess I won't complain too much.
  • Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    It is cheap enough that I pay it by the year and don't think about it.

When I had a bunch of speeding tickets 20 years ago I was paying $135 a month for one car!

I do know the cost for insuring the Harley at full coverage and the Honda at the minimum is $145 a year for both.
  • Options
    Jeepgod2002Jeepgod2002 Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was paying $60 a month through Progressive on my Jeep Wrangler. After a speeding ticket they raised my rates to $75 per month. I shopped around and found the best deal with Response Insurance for $40/month.