In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Today is the Day

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
We are here at the hospital I have free wifi maybe I won't go to nuts.
Wish us luck

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BlackRoses and I met on the internet 5 yrs ago, and people say that internet romances dont last!

Well, TODAY IS THE DAY! Yep we are getting married today! so all you guys that said "Dont let her get away", I didnt. Im a LUCKY man, you would have to know her, to understand just how lucky I am

Anyway, here is a piece of cake for ya.

CLASSIC AND BLACKROSES
    edited November -1
    GM dealerships take the hit. Suppose to be like 42% of them to close. Lots of people will be out of work. I bet a few of those dealerships start selling another make of car.
    edited November -1
    Dori Got notified From the County Court House
    her NY Pistol Permit has Been Granted
    Lets hear It For Dori
    HIP HIP HOORAY!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS BABY!!!!
    Woody[:D][:D][:D]
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    That would largely depend on whether they own their "floor plan" or finance it. Most dealers finance.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Milton Ruben started selling Toyota a while back. Word is he made GM real mad for that. Was supposed to have paid $14mil for the franchise. Prolly lose his Chevy logo over that. Will see lots of unemployed over this one. The good salesmen and mechanics will survive. Esp the mechanics. Friend stays busy all the time. I just dont know whats gonna happen to all these GM owners' cars that are so complicated they have to communicate with a satellite[:(]
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    My local GM dealer has been around since the 1930s. The fellow who bought it in '36 died only two years ago, and he worked almost up to his dying day. I'd hate to see them lose their franchise, just because it's a small town and they don't sell in high numbers.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Off topic? Maybe, maybe not.

I'm torn between two emotional "ideals":

1. I'm all for bailing out so that the industry-wide workforce doesn't wind up collecting on my dime (read: unemployment checks).

2. I'm fully convinced that industry should self-correct without any gov't intervention. It will emerge smaller (without any fat) and definately stronger. Supply and demand. Economics 101.

Sad part is that item 1 will not prevent item 2 in the long run, only forstall it. May as well get it over with, and be done with it.