In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

another mystery pic needs aircraft buffs help #2

bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
same fellow, another day, another gift. see what happens when you let someone shoot your rare winchesters?
heres an aircraft i.d. plaque, only this one is for all of CHANCE VOUGHT aircraft, same time period, 39-43. its solid brass. and as you can see, its 100% NOS.
can you list all the a/c that were made by vought in that time span?
v.jpg
Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Former NSSA All American
Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
MO, CT, VA.

Comments

• Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    If I rember correctly, Vought manufactured the Corsair during WWII.

edit: Sorry, just read your other post.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Again, to the best of my knowledge, East Hartford airport (coded UTX) for United Technologies, didn't have anything to do with the Corsairs, etc. They were made in the now Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial Airport, on Long Island Sound, Stratford, CT.

Perhaps I should back off here and rethink this. I've always had people place doubt in my mind, after I thought I knew something. Joe

EDIT: Another tidbit...F4U corsairs were solely Connecticut manufactured aircraft. Airframe-Vought/Stratford. Engine-Pratt&Whitney/Hartford. Propeller-Hamilton Standard/Hartford. Joe