In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

we got it made here...Mods are great....

53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
If you don't think so, consider this...

I recently got "edited" on a post elsewhere when I was speaking about the Prickly Pear Cactus. The word "prickly" was edited as if I was saying just the first part of that word.

Also had a thread deleted on yet another forum when referencing the old days with underage beer drinking and chasing wild women. Was said to not be in line with policy. Hogwash. I had seen some hellacious name calling with some real "bad" terms used. And nothing happened there.

They did say they hoped I was not offended. I hope they are not offended when they ask for the next donation and it is not forthcoming.[:(!][:(!]

Comments

• Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 53hawkeye

I recently got "edited" on a post elsewhere when I was speaking about the Prickly Pear Cactus. The word "prickly" was edited as if I was saying just the first part of that word.

Also had a thread deleted on yet another forum when referencing the old days with underage beer drinking and chasing wild women. Was said to not be in line with policy. Hogwash. I had seen some hellacious name calling with some real "bad" terms used. And nothing happened there.

They did say they hoped I was not offended. I hope they are not offended when they ask for the next donation and it is not forthcoming.[:(!][:(!]

Yep...I like the mods here...pretty much hands off.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ever think that the cactus thing was due to the autocensor? If a mod or admin edits your post, it'll say who edited it, and when it was edited at the bottom.

Don't believe me?
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    OK lets see you edit this

Zulu drinks Tigris River water[:0]

I've only seen the Euphrates...it's anti-freeze green Sorry to disappoint.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    I'm impressed Z. Are you on duty[?]
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    I'm impressed Z. Are you on duty[?]

No. I'm just proving a point.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    Ever think that the cactus thing was due to the autocensor? If a mod or admin edits your post, it'll say who edited it, and when it was edited at the bottom.

Don't believe me?

I think he's referring to a different forum Jake.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like what the autocensor here does to the word when you put "salt" and "water" together.
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    salWar on Terrorer

just dont type the word MESSAGE all by its self you will get a spanking
  • 53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    Don't believe me?
    [/quote]
    Hey Zulu,

Wasn't pizzing in anyones post toasties. Merely attempting to throw you mods a compliment.
    Ecc read it right, I was referring to other websites. I am already familiar with the auto censor.[:)]
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    I guess i dont know how the other boards do it. this is the only message bord i'm on. I do think they let us get away with alot of crap on here. Only thing i wish they would do is let us trade. There has to be a way to let us trade and also let gb get its share aswell.
  • glynglyn Member Posts: 5,698 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will second that HK
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    crap i would even pay for a forum that allowed trading that way GB would get there share. lets say 1.00 a month or maybe just 20.00 a year. that would work also. Hell i would even be a mod on said forum to make sure stuff went smothly. We have to have some sort of trading on the forum side or the other site will domanate. even if it has to go through a auction. we have to allow trades.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 53hawkeye

Wow! Pay for posting! You should have more lee-way if you're paying for it!! Joe