In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Back to school time again!!! Blaaaaahhhh

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,698 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
At least my two are in high school now so we won't have the "household supplies" included in the school supply lists any longer. I noticed the lists I have only school supplies that would actually pertain to SCHOOL WORK and not paper towels, zip lock bags, clorox wipes, hand sanitizer and such.

I just wonder what the teachers do for supplies to clean in high school???

Karen HAD to have her hair done like some girl in the Twilight movies...."Alice" (for those of you who know who that is.) Liam and I found tons of clothes for Liam in one store (Kholes) but Karen couldn't find ONE THING. One child down....one to go in the great "school clothes hunt."

I HATE SHOPPING!
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Youngest going into 8th, middle one going into 11th, and sending the oldest off to college.

Wanna trade? I'll take a $200 shopping list any day over tuition.[xx(]
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive got two in college and a 10 year old girl.. I will trade you the bills any day LOL ...We dont start school here in NYS until September 9th..
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MFI
    Ive got two in college and a 10 year old girl.. I will trade you the bills any day LOL ...

But,but, but... Your a gun dealer and make all that big money....[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You guys forget I have that oldest of mine too.....I know ALL ABOUT tuition.

I'm just suprised at how different the supply lists are from elementary to high school.....and I like it. I don't mind the teachers asking for things they need....but it used to get on my nerves to look at the PILES of household supplies being brought in at the beginning of the year.

I'm going to see if I can talk Larry into taking Karen school clothes shopping. They need a good day out together.[:D]
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When do you guys start high school in Alabama ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    August the 12th is the "first day" of school....but we have all this mess to deal with before that day.

I will NEVER understand the registration practice they follow....it is CRAZY. They send these packets home with each child and you have about 20 forms to fill out every year. All of my info has been the same for years and years.....but they waste an entire forest full of trees making us fill this mess out every year. What kills me is some of the stupid forms are all the same info....but for different departments in the school. Childs name, parents names, addresses, emergency contact info, siblings names....I get so aggrivated every time we do this mess.

Why they can't be smart enough to send ONE form home that says....."sign here if your child's information is EXACTLY the same from the year before___________." Nooooo....we can't possibly have things as simple as that.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    You mean after the Labor Day weekend, right? [ref: back to school]