In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can this be shipped overseas legally?

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
A guy in France wants to buy this from me.
Can I legally ship this or is it restricted.

77db_1.JPG
Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I understand you can ship anyting that is not a reciever. You have to have an export license to ship a gun out of the country. I am guessing that the parts and accessories are like shipping tools....there could be some "restrictions" or duty taxes on these things, but nothing you have to worry about on your end.

Don't ship it until you talk about the payment to your bank. If it is a fake money order or travellers check...your bank will deposit the funds and when they find out they are FAKE a week later they will just take the money out of your account. Find out how to guarantee that the payment is real.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they have a new law now, anything over $100 worth needs an export license. Might be different on individuals.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    its not a gun. its not registered. it may or may not even have a serial number.

get paid for it. pack it. ship it. forget it. its not your responsiblity to ensure that your buyers comply with their local laws.
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    i have no idea of the laws in france, but from the u.s. point of view(yours) as long as what you are exporting is legal in the u.s. and there are no restrictions to stop you then you can`t get into trouble...as for anyone in any other country...thats their problem, not yours.

i`ve bought a few things from the u.s. online...mostly auto knives...and they are restricted import here..you need a permit to bring them into the country..i usually only worry about getting the permits if custome sieze them, there is no restrictions on having them in my state. the cops write the permits out on the spot for me, customs(feds) hate giving me the actual permits for them, but they have no choice...iv`e had a few run ins with them over the years [}:)]..but there is nothing that can be done against the exporter from the u.s. or anywhere else...it`s his money...let him worry about it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't think you can ship optics like EoTechs and AimPoints overseas.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    I don't think you can ship optics like EoTechs and AimPoints overseas.
    Excatly, same goes with parts over $100, requires an export permit, Brownells ships over seas, they will get a permit if the order goes over $100.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rails are NOT restricted .

YET!

CP
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gun Parts: Fees and Licenses
    Many of our items are classified as Gun Parts. There are many strictly enforced rules that go along with these parts.

A Gun Part is "any item necessary to the operation of a weapon". Many parts fall within this category, such as triggers, magazines, grips, actions, pistol frames, and barrels.

Shippers Export Declaration Fees (SED)
    An SED is required for all gun part orders and export license orders.
    Export License Fees
    An Export License is required for all Gun Part orders exceeding $100 (U.S.). Export licenses are issued by the U.S. State Department and may take between 30 and 40 days to receive. An Export License is will be required for each order.

Here is the form

http://www.brownells.com/UserDocs/Miscellaneous/dsp83.pdf
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    I used to have a copy of the Export control List and what could and could not be sent to different countries. It might still be on my computer. I'll look around and see if I can find it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm selling the rails for $175.
    So that's over the limit.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't sell outside the USA anymore, on account of the hassles, but I did once upon a time. I had a decorative sword and wall plaque that a fellow in Belgium bought. Went to post office and the postmaster looked up the restrictions on shipping to Belgium. No "weapons" were allowed, so I declared the item as a "wall decoration," and it went just fine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My fear is that it will wind up in the hands of someone who is up to no good.
    I'm broke but I will never need money that bad to sell to someone who might be a terrorist.
    I think I just decided not to sell it to him.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    You can mark it as "ace harmonica repair parts" and ship it off as a musical instrument[:0]

Ref: terrorists..as "chicken man" says..They're Everywhere! Belgium makes no difference.

Sleeper cell just down the road, perhaps?