In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My mistake in my Smith and Wesson listing!!!!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,702 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2007 in General Discussion
Get a look at what I did.....it may cost hundreds in the end.[:(][:(][:(] (super sad girl)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=70909449
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Email the bidders and tell them or it might have gouges

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How does shell extraction work on that gun? Doesn't the extractor pull the inserts out? I've never seen one, I have no idea.

Merc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jacob....I can't wait to show Larry your new video signature. He watched the little old lady being kicked for 15 minutes straight while laughing and I know the Mc-fued will do the same.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The inserts are to be able to shoot the 22 magnum rounds. They go in exactly like the shells do....and they reduce the size of the holes to fit the other rounds. They catch on the extractor just like the shells do to come out. Whoever has a lathe handy could make a buck or two selling these inserts. They are simple little steel bits that would take only a few minutes to make (if you know what you are doing.) I have seen them for shotguns also.
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Jacob....I can't wait to show Larry your new video signature. He watched the little old lady being kicked for 15 minutes straight while laughing and I know the Mc-fued will do the same.

Haha
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, the inserts allow the use of the .22 Long Rifle, not the .22 Magnum. Some came with extra cylinders in .22 LR.

This is a real nice early M53 marked ".22 Magnum" on the barrel. I can't recall if this would be changed to ".22 Jet" but that's what most shooters call them. The 53 was only made for about 1 year and then the 53-2s came out. No 53-1s were made.

The 4" guns are the ones that bring really big bucks because so few were sold.

I would guess that this gun would sell for $1,500-$2,000 and I'm sure that anyone looking at the auction and serious about bidding would know the details about this gun without being told in the listing.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Locust Fork, I think as a courtesy and a "just in case" thing you could eMail the high bidder, but I would bet the house he knows exactly what he has bid on. For one thing, it wouldn't work the other way around. For another thing, the pictures clearly show the inserts. For another thing, people who bid for those revolvers know what it is and they want one.

I put in a couple of bids as a daydream gesture, but I knew I didn't have a realistic chance of wining it. I knew what I was bidding on.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was trying to get everything up and going so that the auctions would not be ending too late and just messed up ROYALY on that one.

It makes my tummy sick to think about it.

I really hope you are right Saxon.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    where did you obtain the .22jet information?

looks like you may not have screwed up the first time, but you did the second time
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SaxonPig
    Actually, the inserts allow the use of the .22 Long Rifle, not the .22 Magnum.

I was surprised to see this listed as 22 mag in the inserts. For another $1.06 I coulda been high bidder. [}:)]
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I remember reading that when you first listed this revolver and even though I noticed the wrong wording I knew what you meant.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's already over $900.

Trust me, anyone bidding on this knows exactly what it is.

But maybe you should amend the text to indicate the inserts are for the .22 LR and not the Magnum. I think S&W called this the .22 Magnum until Winchester complained about their .22 WMR (Win. Mag. Rim-fire) that predates the S&W by one year. Then they started calling it the .22 Jet.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Why does the box and the barrel say .22 mag?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One of the guys in the store said Smith started making these along the same time they were making the K-22s and used the same barrels (which were stamped 22 mag.) I have no idea if that is a fact.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your bid per item was: $949.95
    Current Bid: $950.00

Missed it by 6 cents again!
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    Mo GritsMo Grits Member Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Missed it by 6 cents again!

Seems like y'all bid like a...wanna'bee...
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Henry, you're bidding against somebody's automatic bid.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saxon is right.

Something of this value, especially being as rare as it is, will attract those who know exactly what it is and how much it's worth.

BTW, nice peice.

Have you heard of my ability to sell guns?

If you ever need an extra behind the counter, I'll accept payment in the form of cold steel.[:)]
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Huckleberry here...Can I see a closer pic (focused o'course) of that right grip...Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I'd say

It'd be worth a "twit"...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The gun is back at the store (in the back room...not in the counter) so I cannot take any more pics UNLESS you are seriously interrested in it. In that case....I will bring it back here and post some shots of it.

Cubs....I would LOVE to have you come down here and "work your magic"...but isn't that a bit of a commute for you?
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun is back at the store (in the back room...not in the counter) so I cannot take any more pics UNLESS you are seriously interrested in it. In that case....I will bring it back here and post some shots of it.

Cubs....I would LOVE to have you come down here and "work your magic"...but isn't that a bit of a commute for you?

Probably an all day drive.[V]
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The inserts are to be able to shoot the 22 magnum rounds. They go in exactly like the shells do....and they reduce the size of the holes to fit the other rounds. They catch on the extractor just like the shells do to come out. Whoever has a lathe handy could make a buck or two selling these inserts. They are simple little steel bits that would take only a few minutes to make (if you know what you are doing.) I have seen them for shotguns also.

I have access to a lathe.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have heard the inserts sell for $80 a set....I haven't looked it up though. I know they sell these types of things for shotguns to be able to fire .22 lr shells also. I have tried over and over again to get them from CZ....but they are always OUT OF STOCK! You should give it a go.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have heard the inserts sell for $80 a set....I haven't looked it up though. I know they sell these types of things for shotguns to be able to fire .22 lr shells also. I have tried over and over again to get them from CZ....but they are always OUT OF STOCK! You should give it a go.

I need one to measure or accurate dimensions/a print or sketch of one. Also are they hardened? or just low carbon steel? I can also make them out of SS too.
  • Options
    dkb2003dkb2003 Member Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a look at what I did.....it may cost hundreds in the end.[:(][:(][:(] (super sad girl)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=70909449
    I LIKE AND ALL BUT.....YOU KNOW YOU AINT HURTIN AFTER POSTIN THIS...THATS WHY YOU POSTED IT