In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

People are amazing.

WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Not upset just amazed I was outbid on a used barrel and the total went for more than you could buy a brand new one for? Mossberg 500 18.5" barrel 89.00? you can buy one all day long brand new in the package for that price. Do people really get so wound up that they don't bother to look around. You can buy one from the factory for that price. I just don't get it.

Comments

• Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WCI
    Not upset just amazed I was outbid on a used barrel and the total went for more than you could buy a brand new one for? Mossberg 500 18.5" barrel 89.00? you can buy one all day long brand new in the package for that price. Do people really get so wound up that they don't bother to look around. You can buy one from the factory for that price. I just don't get it.

I see it on ebay everyday, people bididng nearly twice what you can it for in the stores. You have those fools who think it's a bargin just because it is online. Same foold who buy everything at wal mart because they have the belief that everything is cheaper at wally's rip-off mart.
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    crazy, huh?
    I see folks bidding more than the "buy now" price every now and then.
    what are they thinking?
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Volume. You get a large number of people bidding you're bound to have a few dummies.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You've gotta love it if you're a seller!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And he probably thought he got a good deal since there's no sales tax.[B)]
  • Options
    ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    That's why I don't go to local auctions anymore. There's always a couple of guys running the price up on something they want. I don't know how many times I've seen a $200 gun selling for over $500.
  • Options
    jon ojon o Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a macho thing. I watched an automotive book that should have gone for $20.00 bid to over $1200.00 by 2 idiots who couldn't controll themselves!![:0][:0][:D]
  • Options
    JohnnylikesgunsJohnnylikesguns Member Posts: 2,887 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya remember the selling price of
    a single pistol round?