In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I can't believe what I saw .......

320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
I was westbound on I74 through Champaign, IL yesterday and saw a car going the wrong way. There are four lanes each direction and this car was on the shoulder going east in the WB lanes. I always figured if I did that sort of stupid thing I would stop and back out, this guy was balls out for the next exit, or entrance?

Comments

• Options
    GotteskriegerGotteskrieger Member Posts: 3,170 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And then what happened?
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    At least he/she was on the shoulder.

I almost got killed by some Canadians that were backing up in the left lane of I-75 somewhere in S. Carolina. Came over a hill doing about 60 (limit was 55 at the time), and there they were just 100 yards in front of me. Big truck to my right, tanker truck about 100 yards behind me. Did some creative and interesting driving (thanks dad for taking me to a proper DE school), got out ok...
  • Options
    PRO X 2 800PRO X 2 800 Member Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you sure you mean I-75 somewhere in S. Carolina.
  • Options
    Jayhawk2218Jayhawk2218 Member Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Gotteskrieger
    And then what happened?

They left.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 320090T
    I always figured if I did that sort of stupid thing I would stop and back out, this guy was balls out for the next exit, or entrance?
    Could be that he wasn't doing this by mistake.[;)]
  • Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was westbound on I74 through Champaign, IL yesterday and saw a car going the wrong way. There are four lanes each direction and this car was on the shoulder going east in the WB lanes. I always figured if I did that sort of stupid thing I would stop and back out, this guy was balls out for the next exit, or entrance?

Crap, that aint nutin! I was in the same spot yesterday in Illinois and I had to hit the shoulder because there was a whole bunch of folks going the wrong way on I74!! I figured they was gonna hit me for sure!! :)
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's a lot of stupid people near Champaign.
  • Options
    PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by txlawdog

Crap, that aint nutin! I was in the same spot yesterday in Illinois and I had to hit the shoulder because there was a whole bunch of folks going the wrong way on I74!! I figured they was gonna hit me for sure!! :)

[:0] Are you two sure you weren't on the wrong side of the road?? [:D]
  • Options
    penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    There's a lot of stupid people near Champaign in the communist Illinois area.

Had to fix that for ya.[:D]
  • Options
    jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had one of those a few weeks ago that got called in. I was able to catch up to him and encourage him to get off the interstate. But 65 at night wrong way on an interstate causes the pucker factor to skyrocket! Turned out to be a case of TMB (Too Many Birthdays).
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jeffb1911
    Had one of those a few weeks ago that got called in. I was able to catch up to him and encourage him to get off the interstate. But 65 at night wrong way on an interstate causes the pucker factor to skyrocket! Turned out to be a case of TMB (Too Many Birthdays).

Didya cuff and stuff 'em!?!?[:D][;)]
  • Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    quote:Originally posted by jeffb1911

Didya cuff and stuff 'em!?!?[:D][;)]

He sold his pink cuffs!! ;)
  • Options
    JohnnylikesgunsJohnnylikesguns Member Posts: 2,887 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iwannausername
    At least he/she was on the shoulder.

I almost got killed by some Canadians that were backing up in the left lane of I-75 somewhere in S. Carolina. Came over a hill doing about 60 (limit was 55 at the time), and there they were just 100 yards in front of me. Big truck to my right, tanker truck about 100 yards behind me. Did some creative and interesting driving (thanks dad for taking me to a proper DE school), got out ok...

Did they move I75 or S Carolina? Last time I drove on I 75 it didn't go thru S Carolina!