In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anybody tried the 40 round Pmags for your AR?

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
I bought some of the Generation 3 30 round Pmags last week. Now I sorta wish I had purchased the 40 rounder's instead. Any of you guys have any of the 40 round mags.
https://www.magpul.com/products/pmag-40-ar-m4-gen-m3

762611_L1_zpssmmgkf9r.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not personally but we sell those as well as the Surefire 60 round mags and have had no complaints.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a few 40 rounder's and a couple of the 60 round magpul drums . also have a couple other drum mags for my ar's
    I have not tried them out but all the reviews were good , so bought them while I could [:D]( my excuse )
    I never had a issue with any of the 30 round p-mags so what's 10 more
    rounds going to change ( weight , bulk and not so great off a bench Ok I know )
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one 40 rounder. It works/feeds fine, I just don't like how it makes the rifle feel and look. Probably just a personal thing.

PS: I had an uncle that died while using a 40 round magazine.[:o)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At some point I decided 30 rounders were more common and more practical. The 40 rounders couldn't be used from a bench and they were quite heavy.

However, I have used them, and they worked as well as any other PMAGs...which is to say perfectly.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    I have one 40 rounder. It works/feeds fine, I just don't like how it makes the rifle feel and look. Probably just a personal thing.

PS: I had an uncle that died while using a 40 round magazine.[:o)]

At least he died doing what he loved. [:D]